Marrone to Spiller: Get in the O Line's face

Big Turk

LOL, I love this!!

Marrone pulled Spiller aside and said "The difference between me and you is I would be in their faces telling them what I thought of their blocking" and that it was up to Spiller to go do that...

Oline pass blocked very well today, but got eaten alive against a very tough Jet run front...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spiller should get in Hackett's face. His "here is the ball" running up the middle from the shotgun play that he calls doesn't play to Spiller's strength. Chan knew how to get Spiller the ball I'm space where he could use his speed (counters, screens, sweeps, pitches, reverses). Spiller isn't a run between the tackles back like Fred

Spiller should get in Hackett's face. His "here is the ball" running up the middle from the shotgun play that he calls doesn't play to Spiller's strength. Chan knew how to get Spiller the ball I'm space where he could use his speed (counters, screens, sweeps, pitches, reverses). Spiller isn't a run between the tackles back like Fred

I have to agree with this.

That sounds all well and good except for the fact that Spiller ran 82 of his 207 runs last season up the middle for an average of 6.5 ypc.

That sounds all well and good except for the fact that Spiller ran 82 of his 207 runs last season up the middle for an average of 6.5 ypc.

people forget that and/or don't want to admit it. Spiller did very well out of the shotgun running up the middle without bouncing it left every other play. It was part of Chan's pop gun and Fitz's audible.

However we won 6 games a year with Chan...Very good chance this staff beats that ion there first year. Falcons, Bucs, Jags and Dolphins all very beatable teams and then we play the Pats in week 17 which should be a meaningless game to them by then. Spiller hasn't been 100% for much of the season and addition he has had a carousel of inexperienced QBs . With Fitz there wasn't anything schematically he couldn't digest. My point is that Hackett is somewhat handcuffed with the players he has. there is a reason Chan isnt on a coaching staff at the present time.

With Fitz under center and with draw plays and counters perhaps. Fitz didn't stand in shotgun and say here is the ball now run up the middle like they do now. Big difference.

However we won 6 games a year with Chan...Very good chance this staff beats that ion there first year. Falcons, Bucs, Jags and Dolphins all very beatable teams and then we play the Pats in week 17 which should be a meaningless game to them by then. Spiller hasn't been 100% for much of the season and addition he has had a carousel of inexperienced QBs . With Fitz there wasn't anything schematically he couldn't digest. My point is that Hackett is somewhat handcuffed with the players he has. there is a reason Chan isnt on a coaching staff at the present time.

we aren't talking about any of that. We are talking about Spiller's lack of production specifically

I'd trade Spiller in a heartbeat. He doesn't seem to fit this offense or something. Can't just keep running into the back of your O lineman, bouncing out to the left and getting flattened. Fred gets it done and is tough as nails but he is getting up there. The Bills will have to find a replacement for him soon. I'd trade Spiller for his replacement or a decent draft pick right now. Maybe he will make me eat these words but I ain't seeing it.

Levitre gone = Spiller production down ....he is missing holes at times as well. So its a combination of both. Looks like the Bills will be looking for a RB soon.

Can we stop with this myth? Chris Johnson is averaging a career low 3.8 ypc this year. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11258/chris-johnson While Levitre is certainly better than our current LGs, he is not known as a great run blocker.

There are a number of reasons for Spiller's dropoff. Injuries (high ankle sprains are one of the worst injuries a rb can have) and game plan (Gailey was great at getting Spiller in space). Hopefully, the bye week helps him get healthy and Hackett watches tape of Spiller from last year. It's pretty crazy that this offense can put up 30 on a really good defense with Spiller having a game like that.

Spiller is having problems reading holes that are right in front of him. It wasn't as glaring yesterday as it's been in other games this season because the Jets were kicking the BILLS collective asses on running plays but it's been a problem all year.

There's some truth to that, no doubt.

But yesterday he was hit in the backfield on 4-5 plays. Pathetic blocking, perhaps. Bad play-calling, maybe. Just didn't look good.