Marcel Dareus

Simon

He's been really good for most of the year, you guys are about 7 weeks late to the party

not even close to true, but since most people just follow the ball on any given play its useless arguing how much of a non factor Dareus has been throughout the year...2-3 great games and the rest have been hard to watch him get dominated

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Dareus hasn't lived up to his 3rd overall Draft status, but I don't think he's played as a bust either...I just think that you have to consider the previous D-Coordinator and allow this year to be his Year Zero...taking into consideration the previous coaching staff were misusing all kinds of players, especially on Defense...so, I agree I would like to see that intensity EVERY game, I don't know if all the "Dareus Sucks" chanting is truly viable or reasonable...

To your original point, I thought Dareus played an extremely effective game, doing what was asked of him and showing flashes of rare talent and strength....let's hope that continues, more importantly let's hope Pettine sticks around for 4 to 5 years, no matter how much success the BILLS may have with the Defense

I know Dareus hasn't lived up to his 3rd overall Draft status, but I don't think he's played as a bust either...I just think that you have to consider the previous D-Coordinator and allow this year to be his Year Zero...taking into consideration the previous coaching staff were misusing all kinds of players, especially on Defense...so, I agree I would like to see that intensity EVERY game, I don't know if all the "Dareus Sucks" chanting is truly viable or reasonable...

To your original point, I thought Dareus played an extremely effective game, doing what was asked of him and showing flashes of rare talent and strength....let's hope that continues, more importantly let's hope Pettine sticks around for 4 to 5 years, no matter how much success the BILLS may have with the Defense

In his time in the NFL, Dareus has more sacks at DT than any other player besides Geno Atkins. He's been pretty darn good and getting progressively better.

In his time in the NFL, Dareus has more sacks at DT than any other player besides Geno Atkins. He's been pretty darn good and getting progressively better.

Good point...and it's why I don't understand why so many fans give him a hard time...I've thought that he's done "well"...not outstanding, not exceptional, and not walk-on-water type stuff...just "well". But last year he had personal tragedy and a horrid D-Coordinator and the whole team was a wreck...so this year, it seems between NFL maturity and a legit D-Coordinator and a Defense playing to his, and other players', strengths - it's making a postiive difference!

This flex rotation that Pettine does is really working for our guys, especially for Kyle and Dareus.

They can play the 3 tech, 5 tech or even go way outside all on the same series.

Two major plays in the game, the Dareus helmet in your ribs and the Kyle strip sack at the Jets 5 they were both schemed plays that set them up singled against a tackle. This seems to be incredibly effective. One thing I've noticed about Pettine is he's not just an attacker, he's always running matchup changes and just when the offensive linemen think they know how to block a guy, it's a different pass rusher coming at them.

Having a former NFL Olineman as the head coach and Pettine as the DC, combined with the very talented Dline we have is making for a very fun team to watch.

He was awesome last week, too.

He was not, I was at that game. It was feast or famine with Dareus. He made some excellent plays but had a lot of plays where he was easily neutralized or flat out pushed backwards by the Steelers. Sounds like he was more consistent against the jets, hope he figures it out and it keeps up. He definitely has the talent.

Dareus has made most of his impact plays lined up as the Left DE where he gets to use a combination of quickness and power. when he is strictly a nose tackle he does get pushed back on run plays. he is a penetrating DT not a Nose Tackle, he excels on pass plays..

Good point...and it's why I don't understand why so many fans give him a hard time...I've thought that he's done "well"...not outstanding, not exceptional, and not walk-on-water type stuff...just "well". But last year he had personal tragedy and a horrid D-Coordinator and the whole team was a wreck...so this year, it seems between NFL maturity and a legit D-Coordinator and a Defense playing to his, and other players', strengths - it's making a postiive difference!

I personally love Dareus, so this is just a guess, but I think a lot of it might be due to the successes of guys drafted after him, especially JJ Watt. Plus, a lot of fans tend to get hung up on sacks as the only metric for D-linemen, and maybe don't necessarily understand that 5+ sacks a year is excellent for a DT or 3-4 DE.

Boxers like to talk about how shots to the body slowly take the life out of the fighter. The hit that Dareus put in Gino in the first series is the type of shot that makes a guy want to shut it down for the day.

That hit by Dareus turned Geno into Princess Phaneuf for the rest of the afternoon.

he was disappointing the first 3 games but has played great sense, glad to see it. We need these high picks to produce or we'll always be rebuilding.

Not to be a contrarian, but I sat there during the opener and he was absolutely dominating. I know that his PFF score may not have showed it but I know what I saw. That was the best game that I have ever seen him play. I will give you that he has been inconsistent but he is having a borderline pro bowl season. He just needs to perform like yesterday every week.

I have been hard on him since he got here but he has certainly improved and showed signs.

Dareus has made most of his impact plays lined up as the Left DE where he gets to use a combination of quickness and power. when he is strictly a nose tackle he does get pushed back on run plays. he is a penetrating DT not a Nose Tackle, he excels on pass plays..

Yet he has more run stops than any other DL in the league (at least that's what I thought I read somewhere). Can anyone confirm?

maybe it's just me, I've only been watching the bills for 40 years and it seems like this crew it take many many weeks for the Bills to come out and throttle another team.

I can't even remember the last team buffalo beat by more than 3 touchdowns.

maybe it's just me, I've only been watching the bills for 40 years and it seems like this crew it take many many weeks for the Bills to come out and throttle another team.

I can't even remember the last team buffalo beat by more than 3 touchdowns.

How many teams win a lot of games by 21+ points?