Texans Release Safety Ed Reed, Signed by the Jets

26CornerBlitz

He should have gone out on top with the Ravens SB Championship:

@McClain_on_NFL

Texans are releasing Ed Reed today.

@McClain_on_NFL

Ed Reed had been demoted to playing in the dime package as the third safety the last 2 days. He played 12 plays against Arizona.

@McClain_on_NFL

The Texans made Ed Reed release official. They also placed Arian Foster on IR, as expected.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reed and all the old guys Atlanta signed as well as Freeney are making it even more difficult for accomplished vets to get contracts.

its why many of them were already upset with the market - on the wrong side of 30 its a big risk and you will see that reflected in the salary

that said im guessing this may be in part to the comments he made about coaches this week. wouldnt be shocked if both parties are on board here.

Edited by NoSaint

its why many of them were already upset with the market - on the wrong side of 30 its a big risk and you will see that reflected in the salary

that said im guessing this may be in part to the comments he made about coaches this week. wouldnt be shocked if both parties are on board here.

Good points.

new orleans would be an obvious candidate - his hometown, possible super bowl run, both starting safeties hurt (and vaccaro having a concussion last week so down top three safeties). a ryan at DC.

just a matter of if he has gas left. many around here were curious about getting him hoping to steal another season like sharper in 2009 (though i guess at this point itd be more like mcalister and mckenzie signing up late that season).

Edited by NoSaint

Den would make sense

not enough to gain by Denver signing him. They're hurting but they do not need a poison in their locker this late in the season.

A team in the middle/on the bubble with a hole at safety. Ibdont know...Dallas? Phili? NYJ? Maybe even NE

new orleans would be an obvious candidate - his hometown, possible super bowl run, both starting safeties hurt. a ryan at DC.

just a matter of if he has gas left. many around here were curious about getting him hoping to steal another season like sharper in 2009.

new Orleans... them too

Glad he is cut. He is an example of the old school garbage leaving the league. The entire ravens D was full of trash. I would have been disappointed if any of them came here. Including that LB that went to Miami and got paid way too much.

Haven't seen this guy play this year. Does he have anything left in the tank? He played a big role in the Ravens Super Bowl run last year so I fully expect someone in contention to give him a shot. If anything he brings a lot of big game experience with him

Haven't seen this guy play this year. Does he have anything left in the tank? He played a big role in the Ravens Super Bowl run last year so I fully expect someone in contention to give him a shot. If anything he brings a lot of big game experience with him

He barely had anything in the tank last year. Its empty unfortunately. A real lock for the HOF though IMO. Probably the best safety I have seen in my time.