Texans Release Safety Ed Reed, Signed by the Jets

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So cut leonhard for him and accomplish?

That of course ignoring he has no reason to choose us.

No no. You misunderstand. What I said is not directed at the Jets signing Reed. They felt like a HOFer can help them so they signed him. They had a TE go down so they got Winslow. Their WR went down so they got David Nelson (who's playing and playing well). They needed a RB they got Ivory (who's coming along).

Their previous years under Rex has all been the same. Landry etc.

What do the Bills do when a starter goes down? We bring someone up from the practice squad and sign someone else TO the practice squad.

No no. You misunderstand. What I said is not directed at the Jets signing Reed. They felt like a HOFer can help them so they signed him. They had a TE go down so they got Winslow. Their WR went down so they got David Nelson (who's playing and playing well). They needed a RB they got Ivory (who's coming along).

What do the Bills do when a starter goes down? We bring someone up from the practice squad and sign someone else TO the practice squad.

ivory was traded for in the spring. we got guys in the spring too.

byrd went down and we got leonhard

kolb went down and we got thad

just throwing it out there

Very isolated packages wouldn't shock me, full time (even when up to speed) would surprise me

I'm surprised that Rex and Thurman decided to pick Reed up given his lack of performance on the field this season.

@NFL_ATL

Rex Ryan on Ed Reed: "I think he still moves well."

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

You mean like trading for Thad Lewis, signing Leonard? They addressed needs when they could. They were a little late with LG and CB but they are always changing this roster. Problem isn't talent. Problem is that is raw talent that needs experience. There also seems to be a coaching problem on offense, but that isn't exactly a sure thing. They seem to address adding players whenever they can though. It isnt like they have done nothing.

ivory was traded for in the spring. we got guys in the spring too.

byrd went down and we got leonhard

kolb went down and we got thad

just throwing it out there

Getting Leonhard was a sign to me that Marrone and staff is different than any other Bills team I've known. Also getting Lawson and trading Hughes for Shepard was another indication.

I'm looking forward to next year's draft because of what I saw this past year. We drafted very well imo. With compliments come flaws. Although I agree with Marrone's theory of bringing up your own from the PS instead of bringing in someone who doesn't know the system at all, Reed knows Pettine's system just as much as he does Rex's. Again, I didn't want Reed nor am I upset the Jets got him. I would just like to see the Bills bring in a known player from time to time instead of these undrafted players no one has ever heard of.

At this point in the season it doesn't matter anymore cuz the trading deadline has come and gone and the free agents that are out there looking for a job won't help this team anyway.

We have to pick up some good free agents next year (preferably with a proven resume) and have another great draft to be in contention. Jets have the free agency part on lock imo. They always bring the big name in, if not to sign, at least to workout and get a good look at. Their draft has also been looking good with Wilkerson and Richardson being the two most recent stars they've aquired. We're on our way but we're playing catch up at this point.

I agree though, Thad was a good pickup. We tried and found a decent backup there. To be honest, I don't even knkw what this franchise needs to succeed anymore. If I say QB, then I feel our offensive line will be weak. If I say Linebacker, we may somehow let Lawson walk and seek a contract somewhere else. This is all that I'm used to. I don't know what we need to do to better this team which is why I've lowered my expectations to being more like the Jets.

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000281466/article/ed-reed-new-york-jets-agree-on-new-contract

Is this why these two organizations are going in different directions? If he has experience in Ryan's defense does that mean he also has experience in Pettine's defense? Could he have been a good acquisition considering Byrd's status for next year and us not having any legitimate depth at safety?

Discuss.

Two teams hv now given up on him this year which should tell you all you need to know

Why do ppl put Discuss in a thread topic?

Reed was benched after being the Texans big ticket FA this year. It's clear he has lost a step or two and was unhappy in Houston. He may make a few plays for Rex because Rex is a great coach but he is all but done in the NFL.

That said I expect him to get 3 ints this weekend cause thats our luck

Pretty much!

Reed was benched after being the Texans big ticket FA this year. It's clear he has lost a step or two and was unhappy in Houston. He may make a few plays for Rex because Rex is a great coach but he is all but done in the NFL.

That said I expect him to get 3 ints this weekend cause thats our luck

Yep. We have a history of making no names and has beens look like all pro's.

The other thing is it will be the lead for Sports Center and everything else if Reed gets a pick 6.

I'm surprised that Rex and Thurman decided to pick Reed up given his lack of performance on the field this season.

@NFL_ATL

Rex Ryan on Ed Reed: "I think he still moves well."

Rex Ryan and I must be watching two entirely different Ed Reeds this year. He hasn't move well at all, let alone move like the Ed Reed of old.

GO BILLS!!!