Supposing we're in the 8-10 range, this is what I'd like to see

Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR (6'5" 225 lb.) - TAMU

Rd 2: Gabe Jackson - OG (6'3' 340 lb.) - MS St

Rd 3 Carlos Hyde - RB (6'0" 235 lb.) - OSU

Rd 4 Aaron Murray - QB (6' 1" 210 lb) - GA

Rd 5 Juwuan James - OT (6'6" 325 lb) - TN

Rd 6 Colt Lyerla - TE (6'5" 250 lb.) - OR

Rd 7 Kevin Norwood - WR (6' 1" 205 lb) - AB

If this was our draft I would cry tears of joy. Evans, Jackson, Norwood, AND Murray? WOW!!!!!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This board would just bail on the new QB when he struggled 6 games into his rookie season.

When you have the best QB class in nearly 30 years yes. The big question is why the Bills reached this year knowing the QB's available next year. That move has Russell Brandon marketing stank all over it.

When you have the best QB class in nearly 30 years yes. The big question is why the Bills reached this year knowing the QB's available next year. That move has Russell Brandon marketing stank all over it.

Yeah, I'd have much preferred watching Fitz for another season. <_<

mike evans would be a solid pick. Every time I see the guy he's making some insane leaping catch cause johnny boy was off target on his throw. the guy makes manziel a lot better than he is and thats what you want in a wr. I'd love an olb to make this defense more elite but maybe we can knock it out of the park in round 2 like alonso again.

Best QB class in 30 years? I think you may want to take a closer look at the prospects, and revisit that statement.

Stop with all the Rah Rah Bull crap. This team needs to tank the remaining games and have a top 3 draft pick. The team sucks damn near across the board. We need Top tier talent in each round and pray Whaley doesn't pull a Nix and Fk up the picks

The problem with that statement is that it continues the mentality held over from the last regime and the one previous to that, etc. It...needs....to....change. The idea is to win...period. Not tank, not give up, not let up, not ease down...WIN. And such a mentality is hard to recover from, even when you have an entire off-season to do it, hence why so many coaching changes make big impacts..KC anyone? Furthermore, this team seems to do well in the later draft rounds and in UDFAs, so it begs the question why is it so hard to draft really well in the early rounds, ala 1st and 2nd? This year with the Alonso pick it's an understatement to say the team did well and made a great pick, but previous drafts prove to be questionable in the early rounds. How can a team draft Kyle Williams in the 5th round that drafted Donte Whitner 8th overall when Ngata was sitting there for the picking?? It's mind boggling...not to mention the Russell Wilson debacle. And yet get SJ in the 7th...?? And yes, I'm off the SJ bandwagon, I want him gone...he's done more to hurt the team in clutch situations than he has to help the team in those same circumstances...ba-bye...don't let the door hit ya where God split ya...

A solid Draft is a must...as it is every year, no matter who you are...the bigger issue, alluded to earlier in the discussion, is what the BILLS will do in FA. I'm not one to think they need to go bring in every FA that is out there and build a "superstar" team - because we see how that's worked out historically with teams like the Redskins several years ago and Miami this year - but some key additions need to be made. In fact, you could argue that the reason had such a solid Draft this year was that they made FA work for them with Lawson and Branch so they didn't *need* to go get those guys in the Draft and made drafting impact players much easier....

Supposing we're in the 8-10 range, this is what I'd like to see

Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR (6'5" 225 lb.) - TAMU

Rd 2: Gabe Jackson - OG (6'3' 340 lb.) - MS St

Rd 3 Carlos Hyde - RB (6'0" 235 lb.) - OSU

Rd 4 Aaron Murray - QB (6' 1" 210 lb) - GA

Rd 5 Juwuan James - OT (6'6" 325 lb) - TN

Rd 6 Colt Lyerla - TE (6'5" 250 lb.) - OR

Rd 7 Kevin Norwood - WR (6' 1" 205 lb) - AB

Guys, I don't like this draft because all the focus in on offense. If we remember the Falcons game, offense wasn't the problem. They couldn't stop the run and let Matty Ice throw for 300 yds. Our focus should be on the defense! Example of my thoughts are the Seahawks. They are dominating because of their DEFENSE. Look at the job they did on Brees. Beef up the defense and watch our team start winning the close games.

We need to tank. Cut Stevie now regardless of cap implications (he's always hurt and chokes like nobody I have ever seen and he's obviously not even close to being a real #1)...also cut Chandler (bleh he's useless)...let young guys step up and fill those roles (probably poorly and hence the tanking)...then hopefully EJ will look bad enough to justify another QB and Woods and other WRs will get some experience...then you go nuts on offense this draft...we need a new LG, QB, WR, and TE.

Defense will just have to wait until next year unless we can do stuff in FA. Franchise Byrd again...screw him he has to stay we need him.

I just revisited the 2012 draft. We had 3 shots at Russell Wilson and passed! Buffalo makes me sick.

And this was no Brady...everyone KNEW he was great value there. Nobody knew how good...but at 3/4...everyone knew he was great value. And there we are...passing on available great value at QB...

I hate this team. This season really is a breaking point for me. I'll be back on the wagon for the draft and week1 but I'm going to sulk for some time. Extremely disgusted.

I just revisited the 2012 draft. We had 3 shots at Russell Wilson and passed! Buffalo makes me sick.

Only the TJ Graham pick made me sick --- Wilson was a 3rd-4th round consensus coming out --- the fact the Bills didn't take him and instead traded up to get TJ Graham will go down as Buddy's worst move as GM ---- and this isn't a hindsight is 20/20 deal -- the Bills needed a young QB and Buddy said he didn't see one worth taking --- crap, crap and more crap and we pay for it every time you see Wilson on the field -- the guy is a young Drew Brees !! ---- as for this draft --- when all is said and done, Bills will pick in the 8-12 range -- we'll win at least 2 more games and finish 6-10 ---- at that point Mack and Evan will both be in play --- I'd take Mack, I think we can get a TE in 2nd and LG in FA --- those are the 3 BIG HOLES to fill ---

Only the TJ Graham pick made me sick --- Wilson was a 3rd-4th round consensus coming out --- the fact the Bills didn't take him and instead traded up to get TJ Graham will go down as Buddy's worst move as GM ---- and this isn't a hindsight is 20/20 deal -- the Bills needed a young QB and Buddy said he didn't see one worth taking --- crap, crap and more crap and we pay for it every time you see Wilson on the field -- the guy is a young Drew Brees !!

Imagine how Jaguar fans feel. They drafted a PUNTER one pick before Wilson.

I was all over Russell Wilson. Anybody that watched him play in college knew his game translated into the NFL. His intangibles were off the chart so much so that when he transferred to a top #10 preseason team in Wisconsin who already had established leaders his senior year, they immediately voted him as captain. That is the kind of high charachter guy Wilson is. When he fell out of the first 2 rounds I could not believe it. When he was sitting their in the 3rd round & the Bills traded up I was like OMG they got him. No what do we do. We pick Graham. Moves like that in a nut shell is why the Bills have not been to the playoffs this decade. I remember Nix saying something like "we liked Wilson but was concerned about his height." FU Nix, the guy could play football, who cares how tall he is.

I was all over Russell Wilson. Anybody that watched him play in college knew his game translated into the NFL. His intangibles were off the chart so much so that when he transferred to a top #10 preseason team in Wisconsin who already had established leaders his senior year, they immediately voted him as captain. That is the kind of high charachter guy Wilson is. When he fell out of the first 2 rounds I could not believe it. When he was sitting their in the 3rd round & the Bills traded up I was like OMG they got him. No what do we do. We pick Graham. Moves like that in a nut shell is why the Bills have not been to the playoffs this decade. I remember Nix saying something like "we liked Wilson but was concerned about his height." FU Nix, the guy could play football, who cares how tall he is.

Yep, this is not a case of 20/20 hindsight. Many, many knowledgable observers believed Wilson was going to be a good pro. As a 3d round pick, he was a no- brainer. Not for Buddy, though. The Bills always out-smart themselves.