Well as of right now we draft 6th

Kellyto83TD

I'm a big UB homer and even I admit I wonder if Mack looks better because he's playing MAC talent instead of SEC. But having said that he absolutely dominates, add it's not like MAC players don't get to the NFL.

PTR

The only thing that I will say to combat that is that he was absolutely the best player on the field when they played Ohio State (even Urban Meyer agreed). He is a stud.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we string together a few wins and end up in the middle of the pack somewhere I say we draft OL or ILB. Maybe Gabe Jackson from Miss. St. to play LG or CJ Mosley(Alabama) or AJ Johnson(Tennessee) to play along side of Alonso.

Yeah, the Alonso, Goodwin and Woods picks were horrific, not to mention the UDFA contract they wasted on Robey or the FA's they signed like Lawson and Hughes. What a nightmare of an offseason they had. I wouldn't blame you if you decided to root for a different team. I don't think anyone around here would blame you after what you have been through. Go with our blessing.

We need a guard. Desperately. No point in having two great RB's if they are going to get whacked just as they get the ball because a guard whiffed on an interior lineman. CJ and Fred have been hobbled all season because they are taking a beating due to the weaknesses on our line. Legursky needs to be replaced and we could use an upgrade on both Pears and Urbik or, at the very least, some depth. God help us if Cordy goes down.

We don't need to get a guard in the 1st round. What we need is a playmaker or one of the sure-fire QB.

The only thing that I will say to combat that is that he was absolutely the best player on the field when they played Ohio State (even Urban Meyer agreed). He is a stud.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000237423/article/khalil-mack-draws-high-praise-from-ohio-state-baylor-coaches

Urban Meyer "He manhandled some guys out there"

We don't need to get a guard in the 1st round. What we need is a playmaker or one of the sure-fire QB.

Get the best TE in the first or CB/Safety if there is not a TE there.

No matter if EJ is the answer or not an athletic pass catching TE goes a long way in helping a young QB develope.

You can get a starting caliber gaurd on in the 2nd or 3rd round.

And fast. He outran Braxton Miller and Dontre Wilson to the end zone on a pick 6. Outrunning Dontre Wilson is like outrunning Marquise Goodwin. I don't know what his 40 time is, but the kid plays the game really fast. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

I personally only see one Sure-Fire QB in all of college football, and he can't enter the draft until 2015. That being Jameis Winston. That's not to say guys like Bridgewater or my personal favorite Zach Mettenberger can't be good NFL QB'S, I just think sure-fire pertains to rare players like Andrew Luck. JMO.

I personally only see one Sure-Fire QB in all of college football, and he can't enter the draft until 2015. That being Jameis Winston. That's not to say guys like Bridgewater or my personal favorite Zach Mettenberger can't be good NFL QB'S, I just think sure-fire pertains to rare players like Andrew Luck. JMO.

I agree - there are a lot of good QBs in this draft, but no great ones (as far as NFL prospects) IMO and definitely no can't-miss guys like Luck.

And fast. He outran Braxton Miller and Dontre Wilson to the end zone on a pick 6. Outrunning Dontre Wilson is like outrunning Marquise Goodwin. I don't know what his 40 time is, but the kid plays the game really fast.

He can fly. After watching Mack a handful of times this year he reminds me of Danny Almonte. He is like that little league kid that is obviously older because he is SO physically superior to everyone else.

needs:

#1- LG (draft a LT and let him play LG for awhile)

#2- OLB/DE (draft a DT and move Dareus to DE where he can use his quickness).

#3- TE (currently the weakest group/position on team).

#4- QB (not yet 100% sold on EJ).

Is that the order that you would draft them or the order of need? I like your list in terms of need. I think that mine would be the exact same (possibly adding a corner or a big physical WR). I would probably draft the OLB/DE in round 1 b/c they are harder to find. I think that you can find starting guards and TEs in the next couple of rounds.

amaro or ebron. period.

I'm all for a big, mismatch, TE in the 1st...I really like Ebron's ceiling...He could be an absolute monster in a couple years...

But I'll settle for an OT, big WR, or Khalil Mack in the 1st...Lots of different ways the Bills can upgrade the roster in 2014...Some REAL nice prospects...They simply need to continue to bring in players that can make a difference...But I would probably prefer a difference maker on Offense... B-)

Some sort of great prospect on the DL or at OLB would be great. I don't want another DB high, even though they're always attractive. If there is a great TE in RD 1 that would be exciting, same if there is a great WR (I would take MIke Evans in RD 1 in a heart beat).

Is that the order that you would draft them or the order of need? I like your list in terms of need. I think that mine would be the exact same (possibly adding a corner or a big physical WR). I would probably draft the OLB/DE in round 1 b/c they are harder to find. I think that you can find starting guards and TEs in the next couple of rounds.

that is my order of need.

IMO this is where the analytics department really needs to focus a lot of effort on.

Analyzing the relative success of the general(and even specific) talent evaluator for each football position.

I have done a little of this in the past(on an amateur basis) and there are some clear and obvious patterns to be taken advantage of.

For instance, I found that the general success rate(over 20 years) of 3rd round WRs was very similar to those of 2nd round WRs......which suggests that overall the talent evaluation for differentiating between the potential of a WR rated for 2nd round and that of one rated for 3rd is poor. The conclusion would be that one would have a better value for pick on average selecting their WR in the 3rd rather than 2nd.

needs:

#1- LG (draft a LT and let him play LG for awhile)

#2- OLB/DE (draft a DT and move Dareus to DE where he can use his quickness).

#3- TE (currently the weakest group/position on team).

#4- QB (not yet 100% sold on EJ).

I think we need to draft a RB to prepare for life after Jackson. We will always need a hard runner and as good as Freddie has been, we never know when he will fall off a cliff given his age. Having said that, I DO NOT want to use a first rounder for a RB - EVER again. Perhaps in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Also, don't discount a big strong WR to complement Woods and Goodwin.

So for the first 4 rounds, I would like to see a LB, G, WR and RB (not necessarily in that order).

IMO this is where the analytics department really needs to focus a lot of effort on.

Analyzing the relative success of the general(and even specific) talent evaluator for each football position.

I have done a little of this in the past(on an amateur basis) and there are some clear and obvious patterns to be taken advantage of.

For instance, I found that the general success rate(over 20 years) of 3rd round WRs was very similar to those of 2nd round WRs......which suggests that overall the talent evaluation for differentiating between the potential of a WR rated for 2nd round and that of one rated for 3rd is poor. The conclusion would be that one would have a better value for pick on average selecting their WR in the 3rd rather than 2nd.

That's good stuff!! Anything else jump out at you in terms of players and the round that they were drafted in? Tight ends seem like they can be found in the middle few rounds (Witten, Graham, Hernandez) come to the top of my head.

you can find any position anywhere in the draft. its not all 1st rounders on o-line everywhere f.e..

just take a good one over one with " potential " and we will be fine. i just think TE is a bigger need than OG. but if we get a hand on mattews for example please by all means take him and show pears the door.

but life after gronk is that TEs are in high demand and i doubt there is talent near the 2 mentioned to be had later