Well as of right now we draft 6th

Kellyto83TD

Johnny football, no matter what Hackett / Marone calls, he will find a way to make a play. Kinda like a guy named Flutie.

you guys are so clueless. The guy is tiny and he's gonna get killed in the NFL. Plus, Mr. Party animal, he complain about being in Buffalo. Give EJ one more year and then thank for FSU latest QB

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Updated 2014 NFL Mock Draft 3.1: Adjusting for Marcus Mariota’s decision to return to school

http://nfl.si.com/20...anthony-barr/3/ Updated: http://nfl.si.com/20...cus-mariota/3/ CNNSI has the Bills drafting Mack at pick #9.

Count the Bills as a possible landing spot here for someone like, oh, TE Eric Ebron — a matchup nightmare for defenses and a safety net for a young QB like EJ Manuel. But in Mack the Bills would add an athletic edge player to complement rising star Kiko Alonso inside. Mack’s abilities would allow defensive coordinator Mike Pettine to be even more creative with his hybrid D.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I was recommending Wilson too. That's because I'm a Badger fan, and I wanted to see us get him. Nobody knew how good he was gonna be or he would have been a top 5 pick. It's nonsense to think otherwise. TJ Graham seems to have been a silly pick.

There are many great quarterbacks that have been chosen after the first round. And there are even more who were chosen high in the first and sucked. It's a crap shoot.

I would dump Stevie, maybe package him with somebody drafting higher than us, swap picks, and move forward. He has become the focus of this team without doing much to earn it, other than to drop important passes and act like a moron.

http://nfl.si.com/20...anthony-barr/3/

CNNSI has the Bills drafting Mack at pick #9.

As much as I would like to see a stud LB next to Kiko, I definitely feel some needs on Offense trump LB...Especially a stud TE, top WR, or an upgrade along the O-Line...I would not be devastated if the Bills went D in the 1st round...I would be surprised though... B-)

As much as I would like to see a stud LB next to Kiko, I definitely feel some needs on Offense trump LB...Especially a stud TE, top WR, or an upgrade along the O-Line...I would not be devastated if the Bills went D in the 1st round...I would be surprised though... B-)

LB other than Kiko and Lawson really needs an upgrade, but a stud WR or TE would be fine by me. I'm jealous of the Bears with Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, and Martellus Bennett

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I was recommending Wilson too. That's because I'm a Badger fan, and I wanted to see us get him. Nobody knew how good he was gonna be or he would have been a top 5 pick. It's nonsense to think otherwise. TJ Graham seems to have been a silly pick.

A big part of the reason the TJ Graham pick sticks in peoples' craw around here is that so many of us wanted the Bills to take Wilson with that pick and said so at the time. Of course there have been other QBs we could have taken after the first round who have turned out really well (such as Nick Foles or Kapernick), but there was never much hue and cry at the time that we should have taken them. In Wilson's case, you did not have to be a genius to see that the guy was unbelievably talented at a position of extreme need for the franchise. Not to mention the fact that Indy grabbed TY Hilton a couple picks after Graham. Edited by mannc

I think Murray goes much earlier. Some of the good teams will take a flyer on him in Rd 2 or 3.

I wouldn't mind if the Bills were that team, and I like EJ.

you guys are so clueless. The guy is tiny and he's gonna get killed in the NFL. Plus, Mr. Party animal, he complain about being in Buffalo. Give EJ one more year and then thank for FSU latest QB

I agree with the first part. The kid throws so many jump balls. He is also not going to find receivers as wide open in the NFL as he is in college. Pro defenses will eat this kid alive.

But "thanking" for America's next top rapist QB is probably not a good idea.

A big part of the reason the TJ Graham pick sticks in peoples' craw around here is that so many of us wanted the Bills to take Wilson with that pick and said so at the time. Of course there have been other QBs we could have taken after the first round who have turned out really well, (such as Nick Foles or Kapernick) but there was never much hue and cry at the time that we should have taken them. In Wilson's case, you did not have to be genius to see that the guy was unbelievably talented at a position of extreme need for the franchise. Not to mention the fact that Indy grabbed TY Hilton a couple picks after Graham.

IIRC, the Bills traded up in the 3rd round to take Graham. That makes it even harder to take.

I'm confused as to why it is a horrendous mistake to pass on a player in the draft who has been passed on 74 times prior.

The horrendous mistake is trading up to select a guy that was worth a fifth round pick, and hasn't really shown much since to merit any faith in him.

That a pick later, Wilson was selected just adds insult to injury.

I'm confused as to why it is a horrendous mistake to pass on a player in the draft who has been passed on 74 times prior.

Because the NFL Franchise of our affection has been without a Franchise QB since 1996. OBD liked him and needed him, but decided that TJ Graham had a brighter NFL future. :wallbash:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

The horrendous mistake is trading up to select a guy that was worth a fifth round pick, and hasn't really shown much since to merit any faith in him.

That a pick later, Wilson was selected just adds insult to injury.

3rd rounders are usually whiffed picks......this is a normal situation, not a horrendous mistake.

Again, the reaction to this particular pick is only relevant because the next guy astoundingly defied all NFL expectations and became a star.

3rd rounders are usually whiffed picks......this is a normal situation, not a horrendous mistake.

Again, the reaction to this particular pick is only relevant because the next guy astoundingly defied all NFL expectations and became a star.

Trading up for a whiff = horrendous mistake. Of course they are usually whiffs. They are lottery tickets. But you have a bigger chance of losing when you hold fewer of them.

Because the NFL Franchise of our affection has been without a Franchise QB since 1996. OBD like him and needed him, but decided that TJ Graham had a brighter NFL future. :wallbash:

So we should have drafted Brock Osweiler with the #41 pick as he was rated higher than Wilson. Or perhaps we should have drafted both just to be sure.

Trading up for a whiff = horrendous mistake. Of course they are usually whiffs. They are lottery tickets. But you have a bigger chance of losing when you hold fewer of them.

If you are not willing to put the Bills actions in direct comparison to the general actions of every NFL team in the league then that is fine. You can have your opinion.

If you are not willing to put the Bills actions in direct comparison to the general actions of every NFL team in the league then that is fine. You can have your opinion.

You asked the question. I'll ask mine: do most teams trade up for players that aren't going to be difference makers? Run down the trades in the draft and see what there is.

I will wager that more trades where you shed picks to move up in position fail than the other way around. It's just a case where the odds are against you. Same as it was with Bills and Losman, Bills and McCargo, etc etc.

So we should have drafted Brock Osweiler with the #41 pick as he was rated higher than Wilson. Or perhaps we should have drafted both just to be sure.

The Bills brought Wilson to OBD for a pre-draft visit. I have no remembrance of them doing so for Oswweiler. Like I said, they liked and needed RW. They (Buddy) just made a talent evaluation error that made them believe that TJ Graham was a better NFL prospect. They simply blew it and I don't care at all whether any other NFL team did also.

You asked the question. I'll ask mine: do most teams trade up for players that aren't going to be difference makers? Run down the trades in the draft and see what there is.

I will wager that more trades where you shed picks to move up in position fail than the other way around. It's just a case where the odds are against you. Same as it was with Bills and Losman, Bills and McCargo, etc etc.

Sorry about the terse response before.....I'm running out of time atm.

The Bills(like every other team) have their draft board. TJ was obviously fairly high on that board so when the Bills saw an opportunity to get him they traded up(using little draft value) and selected him. This is no different to every team in the NFL. Sometimes the situation is they see little value where they are and trade down....other times they see a "steal" and trade up.

The fact that the Bills appear to have overrated TJ is not unusual for any team to do.....particularly at that stage of the draft. To single out the

Bills as horrendous for simply doing what every team does is not warranted IMO.

I personally believe that teams should trade down far more than they do(but if all did this it wouldn't work obviously).......but I'm not about to blame the Bills for doing what is generally considered to be standard practice.

The Bills brought Wilson to OBD for a pre-draft visit. I have no remembrance of them doing so for Oswweiler. Like I said, they liked and needed RW. They (Buddy) just made a talent evaluation error that made them believe that TJ Graham was a better NFL prospect. They simply blew it and I don't care at all whether any other NFL team did also.

.....and having determined that he wasn't going to be any good......they made the correct decision to not select him at 75.

Blame the evaluation if you must.....don't blame the choice to not pick him. ....ande blaming the evaluation opens up a different and far more complex discussion deserved of its own thread.

Sorry about the terse response before.....I'm running out of time atm.

The Bills(like every other team) have their draft board. TJ was obviously fairly high on that board so when the Bills saw an opportunity to get him they traded up(using little draft value) and selected him. This is no different to every team in the NFL. Sometimes the situation is they see little value where they are and trade down....other times they see a "steal" and trade up.

The fact that the Bills appear to have overrated TJ is not unusual for any team to do.....particularly at that stage of the draft. To single out the

Bills as horrendous for simply doing what every team does is not warranted IMO.

I personally believe that teams should trade down far more than they do(but if all did this it wouldn't work obviously).......but I'm not about to blame the Bills for doing what is generally considered to be standard practice.

A 14 year playoff drought is pretty damn hard to do in the NFL. Stupid decisions like trading up for Graham are part of the reason why. Stop making excuses for the Bills.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

A 14 year playoff drought is pretty damn hard to do in the NFL. Stupid decisions like trading up for Graham is part of the reason why. Stop making excuses for the Bills.

Some fans can't help it, and some still revere Buddy Nix as a great GM.

I can recall the NFL network the moment TJ Graham was selected by the Bills. Mike Mayock started ruffling thru his papers trying to find something on Graham. Then they went to a commercial and when they returned all Mayock could say was is that he had Graham graded as a later then a 5th round pick....the 7th round to be exact. Buddy Nix patted himself on the back after he announced he had traded up one spot (given up a 7th rounder) to draft Graham. Stating who says we don't trade up.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=WR&draftyear=2012&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC&startspot=30

Looking at the 2013 draft with Whaley making the choices, I can only think the stupidity has ended.