Aaron Williams

PO'14

I just watched the UNDER REVIEW segment at BB.com and A. WIlliams was the guest. After last years bad season and some arrogant tweets, I thought this guy was another selfish player. He likes country music, wants to be a leader and loves to ride horses. The way hes playing this year and the interview has changed my perception on him. CHEERS Link: http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Under-Review-Aaron-Williams/054f229f-ffdd-4eca-8f08-501bdb3645e7

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The type of music that he listens to and what he does in his free time (unless it is lots of charitable work) really doesn't impact my opinion in the least.

With that being said, I am with you on what he has done on the field. I did not think the guy was capable of being a good player in the league last year. I was wrong. He has been really, really good this year. He has supported the run, made picks and been good in coverage. He is a great example of a guy that took criticism and worked harder to become a better player. Congrats to Aaron and let's hope that he continues to improve.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Do a lot of cowboys get their eyebrows waxed and hair dyed?

Jk, Aaron seems like a nice guy and I'm glad he's finally finding a little bit of success after a tough 2 yrs underachieving as a high draft pick. I think his natural position is clearly at safety but it's nice that he's able to jump in there at CB if needed. He's versatile and he's physical and he has a nose for the ball

Congrats to Aaron for proving we doubters wrong. He has done well on the field. But the Big P also deserves credit for recognizing the place where his talent and strengths are best utilized and putting him in that place, instead of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole like the previous coaching staffs had done.

The Big P recognized that his potential was greater at S than at CB and put him in a position to succeed. Thank You Aaron and the Big P!

The "cool" thing to do for the "realistic" Bills fans was to bash Buddy for that draft pick since Aaron didn't immediately become an All-Pro -- despite the fact it often takes even high draft picks a couple of years to blossom into the players they will become.

Very happy for AW and glad he's on this team.

I just watched the UNDER REVIEW segment at BB.com and A. WIlliams was the guest. After last years bad season and some arrogant tweets, I thought this guy was another selfish player. He likes country music, wants to be a leader and loves to ride horses. The way hes playing this year and the interview has changed my perception on him. CHEERS Link: http://www.buffalobi...08-501bdb3645e7

I like everything about AW and am glad he is here.

Aaron Williams is a playmaker. He improved so much since last year. Happy for him as well........if both he and Byrd' contract was expiring this year (which I know isn't the case) I would take him over Byrd. A.W."s versatility is very valuable and he's very young and brings a swag.

Edited by NoName

I just watched the UNDER REVIEW segment at BB.com and A. WIlliams was the guest. After last years bad season and some arrogant tweets, I thought this guy was another selfish player. He likes country music, wants to be a leader and loves to ride horses. The way hes playing this year and the interview has changed my perception on him. CHEERS Link: http://www.buffalobi...08-501bdb3645e7

Cut him NOW!!! (oh, that was from last year :nana: )

And why can't players get mad? Fans were terrible to Williams last year. He took a lot of crap on Twitter and he got pissed. Why do fans get a pass for their behavior all the time? I realize it is a small minority of fans, but as bad as Williams was last year, he is the top 1% of his field. I'm glad he turned it around but some fans act like idiots and then don't understand why players don't like interacting with them.

And why can't players get mad? Fans were terrible to Williams last year. He took a lot of crap on Twitter and he got pissed. Why do fans get a pass for their behavior all the time? I realize it is a small minority of fans, but as bad as Williams was last year, he is the top 1% of his field. I'm glad he turned it around but some fans act like idiots and then don't understand why players don't like interacting with them.

It also bothers me about how many "fans" tweet guys like CJ and cuss them out because of their fantasy production. If I were a player I would either not have a Twitter account or would block anyone like that.

The player is in the spotlight, not the fans. Lesson 101 about being a PROFESSIONAL? Don't answer back to critics, ESPECIALLY FANS!. Let your play do the talking and you stats and wallet will be full!

The type of music that he listens to and what he does in his free time (unless it is lots of charitable work) really doesn't impact my opinion in the least.

With that being said, I am with you on what he has done on the field. I did not think the guy was capable of being a good player in the league last year. I was wrong. He has been really, really good this year. He has supported the run, made picks and been good in coverage. He is a great example of a guy that took criticism and worked harder to become a better player. Congrats to Aaron and let's hope that he continues to improve.

Would have been even a better season if he had not been pressed into playing QB because of injuries at the position.

But he has impressed me as well. He gonna get even better with more time played in this system.

I liked the pick from the beginning and now like Williams even more, and just because he likes junky music I am not changing my opinion.

He's a baller. Projection for him as a safety was spot on. I for one certainly was clamping for him to move to safety at one point but think I had written him off all together last season.

Glad to be wrong about this...

I think he's actually improved as a CB this year, as well. Due to the injuries, he's played a lot of corner this year. I prefer him at safety, but overall, just impressed by him this year.

Seems like a down to earth country boy, as well!

Let Byrd go and resign Williams to a cap friendly long term deal now if we can. While I'm a big fan of Byrd, Williams can be resigned for hopefully much cheaper. Having duke and searcy on the team allows us to avoid the big salary as FS. I'd be happy with AW, Searcy and Duke going forward. Leonard too. Although it seems like Pettines D might require 5 safety's due to the amount of time we play with with 3 safety's. either way....I love Aaron Williams. Hated him at CB, but the kid has put in work and improved his game. He's a very good safety and almost to where he's an average CB. Still gets beat long here and there, but overall, muuuuch better in coverage than a year ago. Kudos to you AW, your hard work paid off. Now stay in b-lo for a long time.