Every single ESPN expert is picking PIT

KikO M G

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Bills can win this game too, but, I am not assuming they will, just because the Bills appear to be on an uspwing, while the Steelers are in a downaward spiral.

Steelers fans are beside themselves, saying it's time for LeBeau to go, bye-bye Mike Tomlin, etc etc..you know, sort of the same thing that goes on here. The difference is, the Steelers have a very rich tradition of winning, and are not mired in the cliche, "culture of losing' as we have been. The panic mode in "Steeler nation" is at an all-time high this week...don't be surprised if the Steelers play better than they have, at home, against what is perceived to be a weaker opponent. The vetran core of that team has won a lot of games over the years...we can't assume anything.

Actually, we are disrespected every week, and are only 3-6.

:lol:

@Right Manuel for the Job --

Perhaps you could give even one reason why national NFL reporters should pick a 3-6 Bills team (1-3 on the road) with a rookie QB returning from injury to go to Pittsburgh -- a place they've only ever won once -- and win?

FWIW, both Yahoo guys (Frank Schwab / Les Carpenter) picked the Bills this week. Both of them picked us last week as well, albeit before it was revealed that we HAD NO THAD.

FWIW, they're both picking the Falcons to beat the Seahawks in Atlanta, too....

Edited by Rhode Island Red

@Right Manuel for the Job --

Perhaps you could give even one reason why national NFL reporters should pick a 3-6 Bills team (1-3 on the road) with a rookie QB returning from injury to go to Pittsburgh -- a place they've only ever won once -- and win?

Let's see...

1. We are a better team than them and most these players and coaches weren't the ones losing there.

2. They are 31st in the league against the rush and we are 7th in rushing.

3. We have one of the best d lines in football and their o line stinks and can't run or pass block.

I guess we deserve it with a 3-6 record but PIT is even worse! Most other sites are mixed in their picks. Bleacher Report actually has 9 out of 12 picking the Bills. But ESPN has a clean sweep for the Steelers.

Why do you call them experts? Experts on what? They guess just like we do.

Let's see...

1. We are a better team than them and most these players and coaches weren't the ones losing there.

2. They are 31st in the league against the rush and we are 7th in rushing.

3. We have one of the best d lines in football and their o line stinks and can't run or pass block.

#1 -- that hasn't been proven in any way, shape or form; Pitt destroyed the Jets a few weeks ago

#2 -- the Bills outrushed KC by more than 100 yards last week

#3 -- Roethlisberger went toe-to-toe with Brady last week for a ton of yards and points

Please try again.

Edit -- don't get me wrong; I certainly see an opportunity for the Bills to go into Pittsburgh and come away with the W, but to criticize a national NFL reporter for picking the Steelers at home is sort of silly.

Edited by eball