[closed]I think you have to pin this loss on Stevie

4merper4mer

He was showing off his skills at the goal line. Maybe he SHOULD have been the first read but he was not. He made his super duper feet fake anyway and this left his defender standing right where the ball was supposed to go. The rest is history.

I'm sorry if this comes off mean, but you are stupid. Very stupid.

How do you know that the DB who made the play didn't have the flat? Maybe a S or LB was supposed to get the middle of the field? I was in the stands and didn't see a replay but it looked to me like the DB purposely passed Stevie to someone else before sitting on the short pass.

Are you really faulting our best WR for getting W I D E O P E N ?

Tuel made the wrong read. It's Tuel's fault. I'd also blame the coach for not knowing his players and the situation better, but to blame a guy for doing exactly what he is supposed to do in as good a way as you can is epically moronic.

Sorry to rant but of all the stupid stuff I save read on this board, this is definitely the dumbest thing ever.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He was showing off his skills at the goal line. Maybe he SHOULD have been the first read but he was not. He made his super duper feet fake anyway and this left his defender standing right where the ball was supposed to go. The rest is history.

I understand what you are writing but it could not be more wrong. Every player has a job and needs to do his own job. It was Johnson's job to get open, he did it. The way to help his QB was to do his job not try to guess what his QB was thinking. Poor teams screw up when players try to do too much and start thinking instead of preforming. Football is a game of discipline. A receiver helps a QB best by getting open in a spot where the QB can get him the ball and then catching it when it gets there.

Incredibly dumb post, now I've heard it all. Stevie Johnson lost the game because he TRIED TO GET OPEN in the end zone! Unbelievable. Look, Tuel lost this game on that play because contrary to your post, he did NOT make a READ. He decided pre-snap where he was going to throw the football! That is a cardinal sin in the NFL, and the Bills paid the price. The design of the play was a pick play with Woods and Graham,yes. SJ left his guy in the dust, and Tuel has the easiest TD toss ever if he just makes a read. He'd have taken a hit, but this is a man's game. You can't panic when you see a blitz look at the line and predetermine your throw, end of story. And the excuse of being "put in that position" doesn't hold water either. The Bills were stuffed on 2 previous runs and that throw was as easy as it gets for a QB to read as it was man coverage across the board. If you hang in there and take the shot, a TD was the reward. He didn't, and we lost. You can't hold a QB's hand out there.

I understand what you are writing but it could not be more wrong. Every player has a job and needs to do his own job. It was Johnson's job to get open, he did it. The way to help his QB was to do his job not try to guess what his QB was thinking. Poor teams screw up when players try to do too much and start thinking instead of preforming. Football is a game of discipline. A receiver helps a QB best by getting open in a spot where the QB can get him the ball and then catching it when it gets there.

We mostly agree but where we disagree is about what Stevie's job was on that play.

He is a vet. He knows the first read is to Graham. It may be a bad play call but that is the play. Stevie knows that Tuel can only make one read. As such, his job becomes to help on the play and drag the DB with him, away from where Graham will be.

So in a hardheaded effort to get HIMSELF open, he left Graham accidentally double covered. Result: we lose. His super duper feet fake cost us the game.

How should SJ know that Tuel wouldn't make that read. I mean, the MIDDLE OF THE FREAKING FEILD. QB's are trained to adjust, so are WR's. Tuel made up his mind before the play to throw it there. Rookie/awful QB mistake. Need to look there, oh, no one open, middle, wow, SJ open. Throw, TD. Or, even if not, look, see that no one is open, and try to run the ball or throw it over everyone. That would be a bad rookie play, but this was a terrible rookie QB play. he's our 3-4th string QB though, but really, can't blame SJ for getting open.

Pretty much nailed it. I mean noone expects Tuel to go thru 5 progressions but Johnson was wide open with his hand up about 10ft away from Tuel. Throw him the freakin ball. A high school QB 8 out of 10 times would be able to make that read. Tuel decided before the play began he was going to Graham on that play. Rookie QB or not, that is just inexcusable.

Pretty much nailed it. I mean noone expects Tuel to go thru 5 progressions but Johnson was wide open with his hand up about 10ft away from Tuel. Throw him the freakin ball. A high school QB 8 out of 10 times would be able to make that read. Tuel decided before the play began he was going to Graham on that play. Rookie QB or not, that is just inexcusable.

If Stevie decided to forego the super duper feet fake, would Graham have been open? Yes. Would we have won? Yes.

Blame the rookie if it is fashionable, but reality sees through a different pair of glasses.

We mostly agree but where we disagree is about what Stevie's job was on that play.

He is a vet. He knows the first read is to Graham. It may be a bad play call but that is the play. Stevie knows that Tuel can only make one read. As such, his job becomes to help on the play and drag the DB with him, away from where Graham will be.

So in a hardheaded effort to get HIMSELF open, he left Graham accidentally double covered. Result: we lose. His super duper feet fake cost us the game.

Soooooo because he's not the primary on the play he should make zero attempt to get open? ummmmm wow. I commented yesterday in the stands as to how stupid Bills fans have gotten, cheering when the offense is running a play, but this one takes the cake. unreal.

If Stevie decided to forego the super duper feet fake, would Graham have been open? Yes. Would we have won? Yes.

Blame the rookie if it is fashionable, but reality sees through a different pair of glasses.

He was peeking in I don't know if you're right.

The play didn't force the spot where the ball was going to be vacated, period Also wouldn't (slot) Stevie be the presnap hot read on that play?

Soooooo because he's not the primary on the play he should make zero attempt to get open? ummmmm wow. I commented yesterday in the stands as to how stupid Bills fans have gotten, cheering when the offense is running a play, but this one takes the cake. unreal.

It is a team game. He knows his team was a bit hampered by having an inexperienced rook who could only make one read in that situation. The rookie looked at his first read; saw Graham had beaten his man and threw to the right spot. Imagine Tuel's surprise when the guy covering Stevie was standing there looking dumbfounded. If Stevie were a rookie too I could have him share blame with Tuel but he should be able to think at the next level with his experience.

The real telltale part is Stevie's reaction. Does he looked surprised that Tuel didn't throw him the ball? No. He looks angry but he also looks like he knew the read was to Graham; thus no surprise.