Where is Robert Woods

Wattdogg35

Just wondering where has Robert Woods been the last 3 weeks...maybe more. I know EJ liked throwing to him a lot, and he should, but I haven't seen him even have a ball thrown his way in which seems like a month! Woods is a beast, doesn't seem to ever drop anything, makes ridiculous diving catches, seems like the type of guy that you throw to even if he is covered. You think with him and Stevie our pass offense should be dominating D's, even with our QB shuffle. I really think our receivers are being under utilized, big time!

Edited by Wattdogg35

Just wondering where has Robert Woods been the last 3 weeks...maybe more. I know EJ liked throwing to him a lot, and he should, but I haven't seen him even have a ball thrown his way in which seems like a month! Woods is a beast, doesn't seem to ever drop anything, makes ridiculous diving catches, seems like the type of guy that you throw to even if he is covered. You think with him and Stevie our pass offense should be dominating D's, even with our QB shuffle. I really think our receivers are being under utilized, big time!

I have seen him occasionally streaking open across the field. But Thad can't get the ball to him. I think Thad is still struggling with his progressions, and when he isn't, the pressure isn't allowing him to find open guys, like Woods.

I would like to see some designed plays for Woods, so he can get more into the flow of the offense. Maybe even a reverse--I think we ran one with him earlier in the year.

Woods does quite a bit of damage in the middle of the field which seems to be an area that Thad Lewis is reluctant to exploit. Woods really misses EJ being in at QB.

Thad locks onto first option and throws it there (in his defense, sometimes he has to because hes being pressured immediately) - so my guess would be Woods has not been the primary in many of these passing calls

Woods has been open, and he is automatic....love the kid, he will be a star and hopefully we lock him up and dont let him walk in typical bills fashion after his rookie contract expires

I would like to see some designed plays for Woods, so he can get more into the flow of the offense. Maybe even a reverse--I think we ran one with him earlier in the year.

yes, absolutely. We used to do it with T.O. all the time to try to get him going, or maybe it was so he didn't cry, but nonetheless, we should try that with Woods and Goodwin. Run some screens and Reverses, end arounds' whatever....something to get these guys moving. Look what Green did to us form that spot in the Cinci game.

I think there are many factors for Woods decline. Mostly as you guys have pointed out about middle of the field and also being a secondary option that Thad has been unable to find.

I also wonder if Thad having time in practice with Graham and Goodwin has anything to do with their seemingly more involvement?

Woods is going to be very very good. Honestly the past 3 games watching Graham and Goodwin make some catches has also been nice to witness.

Lets hope we have a very good young core of WR's and we have a QB(EJ) that will make them all happy with opportunities.

I don't think this has anything to do with EJ or Thad-it has to do with the coaching staff making the best use of the offensive talent that they have to work with by having players on the field at the right time and calling plays to get them touches. Marrone and Hackett are rookies who are trying but learning on the job and it shows. Gailey was over his head as HC but was a better play caller than these guys. I would also ask this question: where is Marcus Easley? Almost all of the elite wide outs in the league (Boldin, Johnson, Bryant, etc.) are big, physical guys who can run with, outreach and punish DB's. Why not give this 6'2", 215 lb. guy a chance?

I have seen him occasionally streaking open across the field. But Thad can't get the ball to him. I think Thad is still struggling with his progressions, and when he isn't, the pressure isn't allowing him to find open guys, like Woods.

early in sundays game he had A LOT of space and only one man to beat for a td.... but the ball missed him by a lot. thad took a hit while throwing i believe.

Robert Woods is getting open and waiting patiently for a QB that can see him on the field.

GO BILLS!!!

Yep... It sucks seeing Woods wide open with running room and the ball is thrown 5 yards over goodwins head or forced into double coverage to tj graham. We always have receivers that can get open but no QB that can find them

Edited by kr632

I don't think this has anything to do with EJ or Thad-it has to do with the coaching staff making the best use of the offensive talent that they have to work with by having players on the field at the right time and calling plays to get them touches. Marrone and Hackett are rookies who are trying but learning on the job and it shows. Gailey was over his head as HC but was a better play caller than these guys. I would also ask this question: where is Marcus Easley? Almost all of the elite wide outs in the league (Boldin, Johnson, Bryant, etc.) are big, physical guys who can run with, outreach and punish DB's. Why not give this 6'2", 215 lb. guy a chance?

I don't get the Easley stuff. Do we really believe he is a dominant force in practice that they'd just rather play stone hands Graham and not quite welker (hogan) ahead of him in games.

Size and speed are mere filters(and with exceptions) and there is obviously something that makes him THE WORST WR on the team.

Helluva special teamer though.

Yep... It sucks seeing Woods wide open with running room and the ball is thrown 5 yards over goodwins head or forced into double coverage to tj graham. We always have receivers that can get open but no QB that can find them

Always starting this year. Last season Donald, Nelson and oh, I dunno Brad Smith were not doing all that much "getting open"...

The thing I am most excited about is Goodwins hands... Wow...

We already know woods is solid and only going to get better and Stevie is nearly impossible to cover in the slot.

Maybe you should change your question to "Where is our QB" because Woods can't catch passes not thrown to him.

Woods will return once EJ's back. Thad has proven himself incapable of making more than 1.5 reads on any given play.

yep.

just saw this on espn...pretty interesting stats/facts

http://espn.go.com/b...bills-qb-change

Digging deeper, ESPN Stats & Information tracks whether a receiver runs a pass route on any given play. Through Week 5, Woods was targeted on 22.7 of plays where he ran a route. Since Week 6, he has only been targeted 14.1 percent of such plays.

With Lewis the quarterback for the immediate future, there is a simple conclusion on how to get Woods' numbers back up.

"We need to get him the ball," Marrone said.