Locker Room Nudity & Age

The Big Cat

Baring it all in public locker rooms  

57 members have voted

1. 1. When did you graduate/are you uptight?

• I graduated in 1989 or before and it doesn't bother me at all.
    • I graduated in 1989 or before and my nudity and the nudity of other's is a bit off-puting
    • I graduated in 1990 or later and it doesn't bother me at all.
    • I graduated in 1990 or later and my nudity and the nudity of other's is a bit off-puting

It's enough of a 'thing' that it's become cliche: old guys LOVE being naked in the locker room.

But I'm curious as to when the generational shift began. My guess: anyone who graduated from high school in 1989 or before is TOTALLY fine with letting his freak flag flap, and is totally unfazed by his buddy's nudity also. So let's put it to a vote.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is SOOOO timely and funny.

What kills me is I am at a lot of swim meets for the last 5 years as my daughter pretty good swimmer. Usually she has to be there 75 minutes prior to first heat for warmup. I almost always use that downtime to get in a run or bike ride, could be even longer if her first event maybe not for an hour after first heat. So naturally I use the shower at the pool after to get cleaned up.

Anyways, I was telling other dads just this weekend the boys look at you like a molester when taking a shower now. I mean why in the world do they even have showers..they are NEVER used.

I graduated HS 81, perfectly normal to be naked in locket room to me. Christ, we did not even have stalls around the head in either my high school or college locker rooms...never bothered me either.

Guess I should add for the last three years of college, lived off campus, paid all our own bills..it was expected you would use the field house showers to save money. Only exception was ....well you know.

Edited by plenzmd1

I graduated HS in 1997 and played sports throughout HS and college. Being naked around other men in the showers was never a big deal to me because I would do my business, dry off, and get dressed. There were some guys, however, who seemed to enjoy walking around the locker room naked and conversing with everyone. I always thought this was weird.

I had a very awkward experience during college where I was visiting home, and went to the gym to work out with some buddies. After our work out, we went to the locker room to change (not shower). When we walked in we saw our former 12th grade English teacher blow drying his penis. He actually had it stretched out, and was blow drying up and down the shaft....must have lasted for 5 minutes. After he was finished, he came over to us (still naked), and proceeded to engage us in conversation. We, of course, were all mortified and laugh about it to this day.

I was never a fan of being naked in the locker room, but I was just a ridiculously shy and insecure kid. Add in the fact that I have the athletic ability of a pencil, well, then...I avoided the locker room at all costs.

What makes this topic interesting is the new gender identity law passed for California public schools. In a nutshell, if you are a boy and consider yourself a girl, you are permitted to have access to all things previously considered for girls: sports team, bathrooms, locker rooms, etc. The same holds true for the opposite; if you're a girl who considers herself to be a boy, you get access to all things previously considered for boys.

Should prove to be interesting at some point.

I had a very awkward experience during college where I was visiting home, and went to the gym to work out with some buddies. After our work out, we went to the locker room to change (not shower). When we walked in we saw our former 12th grade English teacher blow drying his penis. He actually had it stretched out, and was blow drying up and down the shaft....must have lasted for 5 minutes. After he was finished, he came over to us (still naked), and proceeded to engage us in conversation. We, of course, were all mortified and laugh about it to this day.

This scared me a bit because it started sounding like "Dear Penthouse Forum, I never thought I'd be writing to you..."

I didn't know Sandusky was once an English teacher.

1999 here, and it was never an issue, though the whole shower/dressing routine was very quick for everybody because that place was like a friggin' sauna. No stragglers. Way more comfortable then than I would be now because it was just the daily routine.

As a boy growing up in Buffalo in the mid 70s, we were of the group that had to swim naked when we did swimming in gym class. Girls were in a separate class, and got to wear suits. We saw that door to their locker room crack open many times tho.

As a boy growing up in Buffalo in the mid 70s, we were of the group that had to swim naked when we did swimming in gym class. Girls were in a separate class, and got to wear suits. We saw that door to their locker room crack open many times tho.

Yeah, I remember that. Always thought it was pretty damn weird.

IIRC, technically swimsuits were optional for the guys too, as long as you wanted your life in Middle School to be a complete living hell (even more than usual, I mean.)

Wait -- you're not implying that there are people who actually don't blow-dry their penis, are you? Next you'll be telling me that it's unheard of to use conditioner and tie on a big red bow.. :unsure:

i still cannot believe some of you were forced to swim naked...i have NEVER heard of such a thing, and that was the same time i was in school....that absolutely blows my mind.

Yep... Jr. High... My brother is 4 years older than me and they did it! He graduated in 1982. My class was the first class that had it abolished.

The funny thing is, my brother is just as blown away by it now like you are! LoL He mentions how one guy's mother her boy wear swim trunks and that kid was mercilessly mocked out! LoL How ****ing twisted is that!

This topic is SOOOO timely and funny.

What kills me is I am at a lot of swim meets for the last 5 years as my daughter pretty good swimmer. Usually she has to be there 75 minutes prior to first heat for warmup. I almost always use that downtime to get in a run or bike ride, could be even longer if her first event maybe not for an hour after first heat. So naturally I use the shower at the pool after to get cleaned up.

Anyways, I was telling other dads just this weekend the boys look at you like a molester when taking a shower now. I mean why in the world do they even have showers..they are NEVER used.

I graduated HS 81, perfectly normal to be naked in locket room to me. Christ, we did not even have stalls around the head in either my high school or college locker rooms...never bothered me either.

Guess I should add for the last three years of college, lived off campus, paid all our own bills..it was expected you would use the field house showers to save money. Only exception was ....well you know.

LoL...

While you are @ it, thank Jerry Sandusky!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois