Locker Room Nudity & Age

The Big Cat

Baring it all in public locker rooms  

57 members have voted

1. 1. When did you graduate/are you uptight?

• I graduated in 1989 or before and it doesn't bother me at all.
    • I graduated in 1989 or before and my nudity and the nudity of other's is a bit off-puting
    • I graduated in 1990 or later and it doesn't bother me at all.
    • I graduated in 1990 or later and my nudity and the nudity of other's is a bit off-puting

I played hockey for years and lived in a frat house. I'm very familiar with the culture of locker rooms and group showers. Nudity is normal, but what I see regularly in my gym locker room from the old timers is absolutely absurd. I see dudes sitting bare ass on the bench clipping their toe nails, putting on their watches, just walking around talking to other guys for 10-20 minutes at a time. I've seen guys go over and blow dry their feet, stretch, or walk over to the sink, put their foot up on the counter to apply lotion to their ankles. My friend saw an old guy bust out the comb to blow dry his pubes.

These actions make no sense. The old timers appear to be looking for any excuse not to put on clothes and make getting dressed the most drawn out and bizarre of rituals. Who puts on socks, an undershirt and buttons up their shirt before putting on their boxers/briefs?

Edited by Jauronimo

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun(ny) topic. I didn't respond to the poll, but I graduated from HS in '86 and while I'm not "bothered" by nudity in the locker room, I'd also rather not be around it. I hate making the other guys feel insecure about themselves when they peek below my waist.

I played hockey for years and lived in a frat house. I'm very familiar with the culture of locker rooms and group showers. Nudity is normal, but what I see regularly in my gym locker room from the old timers is absolutely absurd. I see dudes sitting bare ass on the bench clipping their toe nails, putting on their watches, just walking around talking to other guys for 10-20 minutes at a time. I've seen guys go over and blow dry their feet, stretch, or walk over to the sink, put their foot up on the counter to apply lotion to their ankles. My friend saw an old guy bust out the comb to blow dry his pubes.

These actions make no sense. The old timers appear to be looking for any excuse not to put on clothes and make getting dressed the most drawn out and bizarre of rituals. Who puts on socks, an undershirt and buttons up their shirt before putting on their boxers/briefs?

OMG! ROTFLMAO... I can't stop the tears streaming out!

Yeah see this is the stuff that bothers me. ^ I don't get it. Why would you spend time doing that in public?

C/o 2000. Doesn't bother me.

I would shower after football and wrestling. Some times after track. In wrestling it would not be all that uncommon to walk around after weigh ins in just boxers. It was always odd that some would stand in line naked for weigh ins but no one really cared.

In gym class, no way. Plus we were only given like 4-5 min to get dressed. A few times I did shower though and my classmates would say ****. I didn't get it or care. If I had to drop weight id be allowed to just run or workout during whatever gym activity was going on.

At the gym now where I work out few guys shower. More women shower then men. And the womens locker room has individual stalls and dressing compartments. There are a few old timers - 40+ that are ridiculous and shave every damn hair on their body. It is rather silly, if you ask me. Men shouldn't shave anything.

yes... this a lot... but it doesn't bother me. Its jist ridiculous.

As a boy growing up in Buffalo in the mid 70s, we were of the group that had to swim naked when we did swimming in gym class. Girls were in a separate class, and got to wear suits. We saw that door to their locker room crack open many times tho.

Your school had a pool? Entitled bastards. We used to have to swim nekkid in the parking lot after a downpour.

Your school had a pool? Entitled bastards. We used to have to swim nekkid in the parking lot after a downpour.

ours had two auditoriums. Two full size gyms. An aux gym a pool, track, football stadium and off site hockey arena.

mine had an auditorium and an olympic sized pool with both diving and high dive, granted we had the best swim team in the country for a couple decades and a serious music and theater department, but we also were one of the largest schools in the state outside of the NYC area

ours had two auditoriums. Two full size gyms. An aux gym a pool, track, football stadium and off site hockey arena.

We had 3 school buildings: K-4, 5-8, 9-12. Each school had an auditorium. Elementary school had the only pool. Each school had one gym, except the high school had 2 gyms - the wood gym and the blue gym (blue soft floor).

Now, there's 4 buildings. Still one pool (same pool). And the blue gym is now, also, wood ... yet they still call it the blue gym.

mine had an auditorium and an olympic sized pool with both diving and high dive, granted we had the best swim team in the country for a couple decades and a serious music and theater department, but we also were one of the largest schools in the state outside of the NYC area

Well la dee da you big city slickers.

hahahah...the big city of liverpool

I went to a liverpool school to see my brother wrestle in some nationals tournament back in 1982-1983. They had an Olympic size pool. I dove off of the diving board (I was 11) and landed flat on my back. It hurt so much I still think about it at least once/month to this day. I wonder if it was your school, Pooj.

we only had one high school so it had to be it

I went to a liverpool school to see my brother wrestle in some nationals tournament back in 1982-1983. They had an Olympic size pool. I dove off of the diving board (I was 11) and landed flat on my back. It hurt so much I still think about it at least once/month to this day. I wonder if it was your school, Pooj.