Locker Room Nudity & Age

The Big Cat

Baring it all in public locker rooms  

57 members have voted

1. 1. When did you graduate/are you uptight?

• I graduated in 1989 or before and it doesn't bother me at all.
    • I graduated in 1989 or before and my nudity and the nudity of other's is a bit off-puting
    • I graduated in 1990 or later and it doesn't bother me at all.
    • I graduated in 1990 or later and my nudity and the nudity of other's is a bit off-puting

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's enough of a 'thing' that it's become cliche: old guys LOVE being naked in the locker room.

But I'm curious as to when the generational shift began. My guess: anyone who graduated from high school in 1989 or before is TOTALLY fine with letting his freak flag flap, and is totally unfazed by his buddy's nudity also. So let's put it to a vote.

Can somebody explain to me the relevance of the question. I'm guessing that there was some sort of law change in 1989 or something?

Edited by Dibs

As a boy growing up in Buffalo in the mid 70s, we were of the group that had to swim naked when we did swimming in gym class. Girls were in a separate class, and got to wear suits. We saw that door to their locker room crack open many times tho.

DAMN. I thought only CCHS did that, thinking back on that experience, it's freakin' weird.

As a boy growing up in Buffalo in the mid 70s, we were of the group that had to swim naked when we did swimming in gym class. Girls were in a separate class, and got to wear suits. We saw that door to their locker room crack open many times tho.

I remember seeing this here at least a year or two ago. I hope to hell it was from you, because if this was widespread, that's some disturbing schit.

We had to wear school-issued bathing suits. We would stand in line naked and the gym coach would reach into a bin and throw us the appropriate sized swimsuit. They were silky and blue and fit like tightie whities.

I always thought it was weird or awkward in school gym/swimming etc..to be naked in front of classmates.

But in boot camp it wasn't nearly as awkward and never even thought about it ever. No big deal. Even doubling up in urinals when we were in a hurry, no big deal.

So i guess for me different situations, different outcomes

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

Can somebody explain to me the relevance of the question. I'm guessing that there was some sort of law change in 1989 or something?

On or around 1989. Give or take 10 years. No laws, but they started swimming mandatory w/their clothes on @ West Seneca schools in 1980.

DAMN. I thought only CCHS did that, thinking back on that experience, it's freakin' weird.

LoL. Nope, there seems to be a pattern w/that era. I assume that is Cheektowaga Central? Actually, I asked out here in Illinois/NorthWest Indiana. One guy is about the same age as some of you guys that swam under those rules... He said they did the same thing (boys swam naked) where he went to school in Indiana... Munster, Indiana that is. I told him, that is why he went on to join the Navy... JUST KIDDING. Please go easy on me. ;-)

Yeah... It is pretty freaking weird!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I remember seeing this here at least a year or two ago. I hope to hell it was from you, because if this was widespread, that's some disturbing schit.

We had to wear school-issued bathing suits. We would stand in line naked and the gym coach would reach into a bin and throw us the appropriate sized swimsuit. They were silky and blue and fit like tightie whities.

Swam naked in Niagara Falls schools early 70's, but not when I got to high school in 77

As much as I hate the idiots who walk around the locker room naked for no apparent reason, I'm more off-put by the fact that you defined 1989 as the 'old-guy' demarcation line in your poll.

"Dont' trust anybody over age 30."

Okay, +/- 6 years.

;-)

Swam naked in Niagara Falls schools early 70's, but not when I got to high school in 77

Interesting... Seems to be a pattern set up here in Jr. High. Like I said, it was phased out in West Seenca for the 1980 school year (@ least Jr. High)... Also that year, all students took 1/4 year each of Art, Music, IA (Industrial Arts), and HE (Home Economics). That was the first year (1980), if I am not mistaken where they MADE the boys take HE & Girls IA. Before that year, it was trimesters of Art, Music, and HE or IA (depending on gender roles).

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

This is what I'm wondering. Aren't locker rooms still the same as they ever were? You take your sweaty uniform off, you take a shower, you get dressed?

I played sports all through high school (graduated 1980) and that was basically it. I don't remember anybody just hanging out naked.............And, it does annoy the crap out of me when these mostly old guys do it in the gym. Do you really have to shave naked? Can't you put a towel around your waist?