Locker Room Nudity & Age

The Big Cat

Baring it all in public locker rooms  

57 members have voted

1. 1. When did you graduate/are you uptight?

• I graduated in 1989 or before and it doesn't bother me at all.
    • I graduated in 1989 or before and my nudity and the nudity of other's is a bit off-puting
    • I graduated in 1990 or later and it doesn't bother me at all.
    • I graduated in 1990 or later and my nudity and the nudity of other's is a bit off-puting

This whole swimming naked thing in school for you guys is the strangest thing I've ever heard. Is this unique to the city schools?

Not sure, good question. It is semi-rural out here. I am gonna have to ask more people your age. It does seem to be a phenomenon with the 1970's Jr. High crowd.

Like said... Somebody (born 1961) mentioned that it went on when he was in school. Some of these semi-rural towns aren't that much bigger than Batavia and the area you grew up around... They have just been more interconnected w/the Chicago metro more and more in recent years.

This is what I'm wondering. Aren't locker rooms still the same as they ever were? You take your sweaty uniform off, you take a shower, you get dressed?

I played sports all through high school (graduated 1980) and that was basically it. I don't remember anybody just hanging out naked.............And, it does annoy the crap out of me when these mostly old guys do it in the gym. Do you really have to shave naked? Can't you put a towel around your waist?

Yeah!

Oh... I shave in the shower w/one of those fog free mirrors (Sharper Image, etc...) :D

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Seneca isn't that much city... Suburban yes. Again, my brother @ 49 now reflects back on it and thinks it was freaky. I told him, that is why him and his crazy azz friends still get rowdy! LoL It is incredible the crazy azz stuff they still do @ 50! Is this what we have to look forward to through the "golden years?" LoL... Oh boy!

Now, I just asked a co-worker and he was in Chicago and he (yet, he was born in 1967) said: "Hell NO!" But, then again, I think he may have went to a Catholic school. Go figure! :devil: =That's the devil watching. 0:) = That's God watching. LoL... I will try and ask the guys that went to Chicago Public and were born in the late 50's and early 60's... LoL

Anway, girls had it easy... They could opt out (if they didn't want to swim... Get their hair wet) of swim class anytime with the monthly excuse! <_<

I went to a gym down the street from my house. One night after I finished my laps in the pool I went to the locker room to change. On the way to the locker room I jus happened to glance into the sauna and noticed two grown men commiting sodomy. Never went back.

Aren't locker rooms still the same as they ever were? You take your sweaty uniform off, you take a shower, you get dressed?

I played sports all through high school (graduated 1980) and that was basically it.

Not really. As Cat mentioned, at some point the culture changed, and very few, if any, kids born after say 1980, ever shower in a locker room now. They may change out of a uni or workout clothes into dry ones to go home and shower.

Like I said, it's to the point that when I take showers after a workout In the locker room i can feel the stares...and that is just cause I am in the shower naked....Towel walking there, going back etc.

Now in my Club where there lots of old fellas like myself, showering after 18 on a hot day before sitting in the men's grill not only accepted, it is expected. But again, people wear towels walking too and fro.

Edited by plenzmd1

Not really. As Cat mentioned, at some point the culture changed, and very few, if any, kids born after say 1980, ever shower in a locker room now. They may change out of a uni or workout clothes into dry ones to go home and shower.

Like I said, it's to the point that when I take showers after a workout In the locker room i can feel the stares...and that is just cause I am in the shower naked....Towel walking there, going back etc.

Now in my Club where there lots of old fellas like myself, showering after 18 on a hot day before sitting in the men's grill not only accepted, it is expected. But again, people wear towels walking too and fro.

Very true!!

His poll said graduated in 1989. So I would change that cutoff for being born from 1980 to closer towards 1970. I am definately in that new age camp where I'd just rather go home and shower. I was born in 1968.

IMO, somewhere in the 1970's the culture changed. Just like it did w/the swimming thing. Granted, a lot of people before that era find the swimming thing strange... Just saying that, is where I think the culture change happened. Not 1980, that is too late. Maybe 1970 a bit too early. But it is in there, the 1970's. Of course this change varies.

Anyway, IMO this is kinda interesting. To hear people's stories, yeah they are strange and weird... But just from following the thread, putting people's age into the equation, you can totally see that there MAY have been a cultural change in American society with regard to this topic.

Because he wants to see jim wrestle wild animals in tights?

How in the hell are we gonna get wild animals to wear tights?

I imagine that every friday before I weigh in. How do you think I lost 40 lbs?

:censored: you, you mother :censored: ing piece of :censored: ing ****!

Spent three years in a boys boarding school after eighth grade, played football at South Park, was in the military for four years. Naked in the locker room was pretty much a given. I even remember changing rooms at state parks which were gang changing rooms and showers as a kid. But then I graduated high school in 1966. In fact I used to go various athletic clubs in cities where you swam naked as well. I think nudity just wasn't a big deal back then.

Spent three years in a boys boarding school after eighth grade, played football at South Park, was in the military for four years. Naked in the locker room was pretty much a given. I even remember changing rooms at state parks which were gang changing rooms and showers as a kid. But then I graduated high school in 1966. In fact I used to go various athletic clubs in cities where you swam naked as well. I think nudity just wasn't a big deal back then.

If anything, it probably built self-esteem (unless it was Gugny ;-P ) or unless a person was molested. Quite the opposite effect I would imagine. The change had to be coming down in the 1970's. Creepo elements (like Jerry Sandusky) didn't help. Then you read about all the creepy stuff that was happening in Boy Scouting during that era...

As a country, were are rather uptight about this kinda stuff, IMO. But, I guess there is reason.

Oh my God! You killed Kenny! You bastard!

This whole swimming naked thing in school for you guys is the strangest thing I've ever heard. Is this unique to the city schools?

Not unique to the city schools in WNY. I went to grade school in Barker, NY and we swam naked. Thinking about it now it does seem a little weird that we did that but at the time it seemed normal.

Not unique to the city schools in WNY. I went to grade school in Barker, NY and we swam naked. Thinking about it now it does seem a little weird that we did that but at the time it seemed normal.

This deserves its own thread/poll. I am FLOORED by how many people swam naked in school. I graduated in 1989 and never heard of it. Insane.

This deserves its own thread/poll. I am FLOORED by how many people swam naked in school. I graduated in 1989 and never heard of it. Insane.

1979 here and I never heard of it either. That's just nucking futz and many of these guys are "oh yeah, no big deal." Our school pool and a viewing deck above for spectators to watch swim meets behind a glass wall. So there would be nowhere to keep the gawkers from watching. And the water was always cold. I didn't have much to shrink in the first place but good god talk about giving a kid a complex. Luckily we had no black kids in our school. :lol: