Locker Room Nudity & Age

The Big Cat

Baring it all in public locker rooms  

57 members have voted

1. 1. When did you graduate/are you uptight?

• I graduated in 1989 or before and it doesn't bother me at all.
    • I graduated in 1989 or before and my nudity and the nudity of other's is a bit off-puting
    • I graduated in 1990 or later and it doesn't bother me at all.
    • I graduated in 1990 or later and my nudity and the nudity of other's is a bit off-puting

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus, totally forgot about this until you wrote it. I spent one year in Buffalo in a school with a pool. I remember that I was about 7 or something and was so happy that my school had a pool. I brought my trunks and the teacher made us take them off. I was mortified. Luckily, there was some sort of option to go to the gym or pool so I just did gym after that first day, when I clung to the wall and watched the clock until the period was over. The teacher assumed I couldn't swim. Great spot for the new kid in class. Only spent one year at tat school before entering Catholic school for the rest of my life.

AND the rest is history! ;-P ;-P

What was the deal in swimming naked in class. Honestly does anyone know what the logic behind It was?

Of course... It builds self esteem! The old days were full of self esteem. Guys w/confidence! Built boys into men! Taught them to suck it up and take one for the team! It cut the apron string from their mommy!

Glad my 7th grade year was the first year they started making boys swim w/their clothes on... Boys starting that year, 1981, boys had to take mandatory home ec too! No hiding in IA (industrial arts) you wimps!

See how well we "new age" guys turned out! ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Mental toughness and nudity?

Intereresting subject and how society and culture is (or became). I work with a 5 time combat Marine that was born in the early 1980's. He said that when getting to boot camp there were some guys that had to be screamed @ to get undressed, even take a shower! Same thing w/taking recruits and having them strip. Now have a woman come in and inspect the ranks. Some of the toughest men couldn't do it!

My point is... Maybe in the old days that was the premise for getting boys to swim in the nude? All jokes a side about the perv swim teacher. If the young dude grows up, heads into the service and has issues like what my co-worker says... Come on!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Really, aside from the swimming nekkid thing who gives a rat's ass (that's weird)? Nobody is checking you out and you're not checking anybody out. It's just a dick ferchrissakes.

Of course a rat's azz is weird! :nana:

Exactly. I still voted the second choice... Because it is big issue with people! Same w/personal space... Some cultures have very little personal space and it puts people off. Why do it if it bothers people. My father is like that, he literally could talk and inch from people's face and not think anything of it. You have to remind him, woe dad! Back off a little! Same w/my Serbian (born there) neighbor... :lol: I remember how my dad's personal space would freak some people out! I guess it is the same with the naked thing... Or that other thread... Some people in general are just a little wound more privately.

Of course a rat's azz is weird! :nana:

Exactly. I still voted the second choice... Because it is big issue with people! Same w/personal space... Some cultures have very little personal space and it puts people off. Why do it if it bothers people. My father is like that, he literally could talk and inch from people's face and not think anything of it. You have to remind him, woe dad! Back off a little! Same w/my Serbian (born there) neighbor... :lol: I remember how my dad's personal space would freak some people out! I guess it is the same with the naked thing... Or that other thread... Some people in general are just a little wound more privately.

:lol:

If your dad were an inch away from me an naked that might be a bit close...

Otherwise good for him.

What was the deal in swimming naked in class. Honestly does anyone know what the logic behind It was?

My memory was that it was supposedly a state law, having to do with hygiene. I remember hearing the word hygiene a lot with it! Which makes no sense at all.

You spent most of the time in the water because if you stood around on the deck, the a-holes with the red dodgeballs tried to nail you in the balls.You walked slightly turned to the wall so you didn't present a target. Our pool was from 1960. The gallery doors were locked except for swim meets. Three gym teachers. The youngest seemed gay. The middle one was playing with his balls all the time and the oldest one (late 50s - 60years old) was a hardass. Nervous Guy was in my sister's class (2 years younger)and would remember Mr. Fraiser.

He would yell at the trouble makers : "You guys are the same guys who don't spay their towel fee". If that isn't around any more, a towel fee was the $10 or so that your parents had to have you pay for the cost of laundering the gym towels for the year.

I've never gotten the group shower thing or why people walk around the locker room naked. I graduated from HS in 95 and occasionally a few guys would shower after gym, but it was rare. I never partook and have no desire to be naked in the presence of other men unless we're doing high 5s over some chick's back. I feel dirty & disturbed just from having read this thread.

Edited by Rob's House