game thread is a disgrace

KikO M G

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game day thread is like sitting with your buddy at the bar watching the game. It's real time conversation, the difference here is what is said is written for all to see. You react to every play..."damn, can you believe that call?" "How could he drop that?" "Marrone is a moron!" It's no different aside from the fact that everybody remembers exactly what was said here.

How do you know his buddy at the bar isn't a disgrace?

I've gotten so I refuse to come on TBD during the game. In the past (including this year), coming to the site and perusing the posts (and shoutbox) has been cringe-inducing. I find it's actually more enjoyable to watch the game without being deflated by the angst, panic and dubiety that is ever-present on TSW during the game.

Can't believe how many naysayers fill the game thread with negative comments about how the Bills have no chance, the coaching is terrible, time to start looking at next year, etc.

Really? The Bills never trailed by more than 4 points the entire game, and you guys were that negative? Have a little faith! I know the history of this team gives us plenty of reasons to be pessimistic, but you might find you enjoy the games a bit more if you actually believe in your team!

It's not like it took a miraculous comeback to win this one. They were in it the whole game. Yet reading the game thread it looks like they were down by 20 or something. Very sad.

Maybe old habits are hard to break

Bills fans are pessimistic, but can you really blame us? Its been a long era of misery and losing its what we know and what we are use to. So until this team makes the playoffs its hard not to bet against them esp when it looks like the team is about to unravel with the way things were going down. Today's game felt like it would slip away it just had that feel (Out to a hot start and then slowly letting a team consistently drive and give up the lead late).

So when good things happen it comes as a welcomed shock.

Maybe the Bills caught a break/fluke when the Fins called a pass on 2 and 8 when they should have been running time off the clock?

I don't understand why anyone would say the game was int he bag for MIA. There was over 3 minutes left... Any defensive stop not leading to a MIA FG (or worse a TD) would have left plenty of time for BFLO to move into winning FG position. The fumble just made that a Thad ( ;)^_^ ) bit easier.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

This team is different. The Gailey, Jaruan, Malarkey teams would have lost this game.

You spelled Jauron and Mularkey wrong, you should probably consider spelling Gailey wrong too, for consistency.

The game day threads are ridiculous. Fire this guy, trade this guy, cut this guy. The truth is that 50% of the fans around here don't watch any other football, just the Bills games, so they have a very narrow view of the league.

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

How do you know his buddy at the bar isn't a disgrace?

You are an intelligent and erudite poster, and we are fortunate to have you here.

If he's sitting in a bar with Beerball the answer resides within the question!

You are an intelligent and erudite poster, and we are fortunate to have you here.

I've been as negative as anyone in the Jauron/Gailey years because the team sucked and then got worse. I'm actually positive about the team this year. We could easily be at the top of the division but for a few plays, we've suffered some critical injuries and we're playing far better than last year. I'm still of the opinion that six wins for this team would be okay, and eight wins is a stretch and a great season. I'm optimistic.

What a GREAT word...erudite! I'm a scrabble junkie & I still had to look it up! I intend to use it frequently in a sarcastic manner while talking to the many morons that I do each week (I'm in retail). It will work exceptionally well with the word "hermaphrodite". "Thank you for that question sir...you're quite the erudite for a hermaphrodite." Love it! Thank you! Oh yeah, the Bills game... I didn't think we were gonna win the game either and was getting frustrated toward the end... I just didn't express it on the board. Quite surprised we pulled it out, & I'm not upset with those that showed their negatively. Haven't we been well trained in this? But to me, this is a sign things are changing...the ability to pull out the squeakers instead of throwing the game away.