game thread is a disgrace

KikO M G

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was an ugly win with most fans around here really wanting to see this team outright win a game once in a while, reactions are appropriate for a game that really didn't go well for them for a large portion of it. I'm happy we won, but I would love to see this team dominate someone other than a bottom feeder before I go waving my "we're #1" foam finger.

It was an ugly win with most fans around here really wanting to see this team outright win a game once in a while, reactions are appropriate for a game that really didn't go well for them for a large portion of it. I'm happy we won, but I would love to see this team dominate someone other than a bottom feeder before I go waving my "we're #1" foam finger.

I don't think anyone's waving a foam finger today. I'm thrilled the Bills won - especially in the Fish house - but we should realize that there are still things to improve upon if this team is to be successful. Right now, I don't care if they fumble their way to a win...it's still a win. This is a young team still and winning games ugly or pretty is what they need. We shouldn't care how they win, just that they do.

When the Bills become a legitimate playoff contender, then we'll worry about them not dominating their opponents. Right now, they're still a mediocre team, yet still improving. Have patience, everyone.

Miami wasn't a bottom feeder after 3 weeks... Many analysts still expect them to contend for playoff birth... Why not us? Why not now??

Maybe the transition from decades of plum awful to that hoped-for land where the Bills go 10 - 6 occasionally is filled with wins like yesterday. In past years the fourth quarter would find most of the players "folding their laundry" and checking the game clock to see how much more time was left.

And if you want to be realistic, then you should set your sights for that goal a year from now. It's good to see this team squeaking out wins here and there. Hopefully they can build on this win, but more games likes this should be expected. The wins & losses will probably depend on a lucky bounce here and there. The good news is, they'e not setting any more scoring records against the defense and are in every single game. They're nowhere near a bottom 5 team, which was the forecast heading into 2013.

The same people being negative after a win are the same people who tell everyone to stop being positive after a loss.

After all, a loss is a loss and a win is an opportunity to find areas for improvement.

I agree. We were playing close in every game this year. When we get a win, it is time to celebrate while acknowledging the deficiencies of the team. We are fighting well this year with an ex-PS QB, 2 hurt RBs, a recovering secondary.

But the OP is correct, there is still a lot of negativity on this board. You can pretty much never tell a Monday after a win from that after a loss.

I agree. We were playing close in every game this year. When we get a win, it is time to celebrate while acknowledging the deficiencies of the team. We are fighting well this year with an ex-PS QB, 2 hurt RBs, a recovering secondary.

But the OP is correct, there is still a lot of negativity on this board. You can pretty much never tell a Monday after a win from that after a loss.

I must not have communicated well.

I think the people being negative are just that. They're negative after wins, they're negative after losses. From their perspective, it doesn't matter how good we play in a loss, because it's a loss. But that logic doesn't seem to apply to wins.

you missed my point... we didn't dominate Miami.

I didn't miss your point, but I don't think by not winning in a dominating fashion that it should diminish the win.

Sure everyone wants this team to go out and win by 3, 4, 5 scores each week, but a win is a win. We have been right in every game this season... Maybe we just play to our opponents... This week will be a good indication of where we are...

Fans have a healthy dose of skepticism. That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Should we expect any different? This is a team that has given us hope and then crapped all over it. I would have to say that I've been impressed with Lewis. He's been poised and has made some plays. Still, the team has been in every game. When's the last time we could say that?