game thread is a disgrace

KikO M G

Can't believe how many naysayers fill the game thread with negative comments about how the Bills have no chance, the coaching is terrible, time to start looking at next year, etc.

Really? The Bills never trailed by more than 4 points the entire game, and you guys were that negative? Have a little faith! I know the history of this team gives us plenty of reasons to be pessimistic, but you might find you enjoy the games a bit more if you actually believe in your team!

It's not like it took a miraculous comeback to win this one. They were in it the whole game. Yet reading the game thread it looks like they were down by 20 or something. Very sad.

To defend the game thread, that is a thread filled by immediate reactions to the game play. It's going to be schizophrenic and panic-ridden by nature.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the OP, this team is so far and away better prepared and and playing better than anything in recent memorey. Stop the maddening complaining and gripping and sit back enjoy this team getting better and better each week! For once there is light at the end of the tunnel, lets start supporting and appreciating this team and stop looking for bad things. Maybe I'm overly captian sunshine but man you cant tell me that things aren't better than Chan and Dickie J! :thumbsup:

Plus, it was pretty much a fluke that they got the ball back at the end of the game (not that they haven't been on the opposite end of of those kinds of misfortunes).

The Dolphins had the game in the bag...

Ummm.... it was 2nd and 8 from the 50 when the sack-strip happened. The sack itself wasn't a fluke, even if there had been no fumble, it would have been 3rd and 14 from their own 44. How on earth do you see that as a situation where the Dolphins "had the game in the bag"?!?

Can't believe how many naysayers fill the game thread with negative comments about how the Bills have no chance, the coaching is terrible, time to start looking at next year, etc.

Really? The Bills never trailed by more than 4 points the entire game, and you guys were that negative? Have a little faith! I know the history of this team gives us plenty of reasons to be pessimistic, but you might find you enjoy the games a bit more if you actually believe in your team!

It's not like it took a miraculous comeback to win this one. They were in it the whole game. Yet reading the game thread it looks like they were down by 20 or something. Very sad.

This is a message board about the Bills, and not about the Bills fans on the message board...

And if any fan base has a reason to be upset, or expect doom...it's this one...

And that's all I'm going to say about this thread... :thumbsup:

Check out a game day thread on any message board, it sounds the same way. Just a part of being a football fan.

Just looked at Denver's... Used search function, still couldn't find anything close... Lol... JK....

I don't doubt that you will always have people over react... It's just sad how bipolar people seem... Same people saying trade Aaron Williams will jump up and down and high 5 you during a game when he picks off a pass... Those people can go and stay gone.... Maybe it's harder bc it's a completely different team this year people are reacting like we are getting blown out every week... I dunno.... This close game/winning is tough on the fans heart, hahaha

Just looked at Denver's... Used search function, still couldn't find anything close... Lol... JK....

I don't doubt that you will always have people over react... It's just sad how bipolar people seem... Same people saying trade Aaron Williams will jump up and down and high 5 you during a game when he picks off a pass... Those people can go and stay gone.... Maybe it's harder bc it's a completely different team this year people are reacting like we are getting blown out every week... I dunno.... This close game/winning is tough on the fans heart, hahaha

In any crowd you'll get wide opinions - most of the time the bi polar nature are two different factions jumping on different things that suit their opinions

I agree with the OP, this team is so far and away better prepared and and playing better than anything in recent memorey. Stop the maddening complaining and gripping and sit back enjoy this team getting better and better each week! For once there is light at the end of the tunnel, lets start supporting and appreciating this team and stop looking for bad things. Maybe I'm overly captian sunshine but man you cant tell me that things aren't better than Chan and Dickie J! :thumbsup:

Well said. And I agree with the OP, I checked into the gameday thread and people were just whining. Hell, people are STILL complaining and we WON! :D

It's like the Louis CK skit - everything is amazing and nobody is happy.

Edited by Heitz

The game day thread is like sitting with your buddy at the bar watching the game. It's real time conversation, the difference here is what is said is written for all to see. You react to every play..."damn, can you believe that call?" "How could he drop that?" "Marrone is a moron!" It's no different aside from the fact that everybody remembers exactly what was said here.

The game day thread is like sitting with your buddy at the bar watching the game. It's real time conversation, the difference here is what is said is written for all to see. You react to every play..."damn, can you believe that call?" "How could he drop that?" "Marrone is a moron!" It's no different aside from the fact that everybody remembers exactly what was said here.

Mr. Beerball.... You are sincerely my new hero... Your insight has enlightened my tbd experience. Honestly, looking at it like that, I can see some people's reactions... I personally react live with my friends, but know there are some that jam away in here rather than react.... And your insight on the bipolar comment I made is also eye opening... Please don't take this as sarcasm... I am a sarcastic bastard, but not in this post!!

My Godbrother is the same way. At halftime he calls me and says, I guarantee we lose this game. I'm like come on man. We were up 14-0 at one point. Just cuz we're down going into the half doesn't mean we're done. It just means adjustments need to be made.

I'm a big believer in positive energy brings positive results. I hate that negative way of thinking. You can criticize plays and all that kind of stuff cuz I do it too. But to give up at half time and guarantee a loss? That's that negativity I don't like...

When the defense gave up a long TD drive at the end of the 2nd Qtr, went in for half time, came out, and promptly allowed another long TD run to relenquish a lead on a 21-3 run, I didn't have a lot of positive feelings. When the D got the ball back at the end - positive feelings.

When the defense gave up a long TD drive at the end of the 2nd Qtr, went in for half time, came out, and promptly allowed another long TD run to relenquish a lead on a 21-3 run, I didn't have a lot of positive feelings. When the D got the ball back at the end - positive feelings.

So as the game goes down you lose hope, and as the team plays better you get more positive feelings?? Interesting... Lol...

U am probably one of the most positive people on this board, occasionally I feel like crap is getting bad, I just don't type it here...

I did call the Dan carpenter GW FG in another thread though... Hahaha