Colin Brown to be released

Bangarang

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn you Marrone!!!

I was looking forward to Brown shattering the record for all time worst grade in a season by PFF...woukd have been an untouchable record....oh well, lol

I think he already has.... in only 6 games

You seriously don't think they thought that through?

Was it my lead in saying "I know I don't have the whole story" that made you think that?

There is an argument to be made for "making an example" of non-performers, but more likely, they saw something from McClain and validated Legursky also looked better than Brown. I forgot they brought on McClain, which is most of what I was missing. I think watching him for a week in practice is still a flimsy basis for releasing Brown.

The Bills promoted OL Mark Asper to the Active Roster and released OL Colin Brown in a flurry of roster moves on Tuesday

http://www.buffalobills.com/

Ouch Thomas Welch is the swing tackle right now.....scary times folks......Anyone have any info on Chris Hairston's status? I'm guessing the hip could be career threatening if it is still giving him trouble..... :(

Hairston was placed on the Reserve/Non-Football Illness list before the season and was done for the year at that time.

Brown was over his head and Marrone (former NFL O Lineman) should have seen that early. The Bills should have been gleaning the street free agent and veteran unsigned free agent lists for a replacement. I will not be surprised that the bring in a sign another guard.

Jesus. Marrone don't play.

That's exactly what I was thinking...The message is pretty clear... B-)

Mark Asper promoted from PS

He took the long route through Minnesota and J-Ville to get there...But congrats to Asper for finally making that Draft pick pay off... :lol:

My first thought was the Langston Walker situation, when they needlessly expelled depth because they didn't want to overpay for a veteran who wasn't going to start.

But then I realized it's Colin freakin' Brown we're talking about. He's the definition of a replacement-level player. You could sign a guy off of the street who would be no worse than him. And it sounds like they have, and his name is Mark Asper (ironically enough, a guy they drafted and cut before the season a few years back).

I'm shocked people are calling it a mistake for releasing him after most of the people here have been ripping on how horrible he's been in every game he's played.

Same people that were saying it was a bad move to make Rogers inactive and play Gilmore with a cast. Apparently, coaches thought Gilmore with one hand>Rogers with two hands when it comes to coverage

Releasing Brown had to happen. When your backup is the worst Guard in the league, then you have no backup. Why not try someone else for depth, if they end up being the worst in the league, then its a lateral move at least. If they end up being the second worst, its an upgrade.

Seriously. People are upset I question the move? We didn't address LG in the off season. We did not do anything in regard to LG until this? He knows the playbook and he has played some. Chemistry on the OL is hard to explain.