Matt Flynn on flight to Buffalo, (update - now signed)

Punch

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see this simply as a matter of the FO and coaching staff deciding "Jeff Tuel is not ready to play in this league right now."

That, to me, is the definition of a practice squad player but for some reason unbeknownst to all of us, they are worried sick that trying to get him to the PS will result in losing him.

I think that Flynn is 100% a move to bring in the "veteran backup" just in case. Worst case scenario, he is #3 behind Lewis and Manuel when EJ returns. But at least until then, you have someone behind Thad who is semi-capable of playing NFL football and not completely subverting the offense like Tuel did vs. Cleveland.

For the life of me, I will never understand the regard for draft position. I just saw an undrafted QB outplay our first-QB-taken-in-the-draft QB by a discernible margin. At this point, the only perceptible thing Manuel's got over Lewis is draft position.

So, gee, I can't wait for our shaky first-rounder to be back under center (or whatever the phrase is in shotgun/pistol) to remove the stigma of starting an undrafted QB.

Draft position puts 'em on our roster instead of somebody else's roster (or vice-versa). That's all.

Still a guy that's been in the league 3 years as opposed to 6 months. You can see he doesn't have the overall physical gifts of Manuel. That is what draft position is all about. How many athletes are there on the planet with this physical body type, skills. You are playing the odds is all. Doesn't mean the guy will be a stud. I'd expect a 3 year guy to not look unprepared in his 2nd NFL start. He didn't. Still a better chance of a franchise type guy in EJ manuel than Lewis.

Manuel likely worse off than we have heard. Not likely a decision made on signing him until they see him. I believe in tasting my food before I salt it.

Why do you think this? More likely just team being one play away from Tuel is worse than we might have heard earlier.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/QB-Matt-Flynn-signs-with-Bills/e7488872-8e19-4083-8b29-d68d063823ff

The plan to take a closer look at free agent quarterback Matt Flynn was in the works before Thad Lewis suffered a sprained foot in Sunday's game against Cincinnati. Reports had the former Raiders quarterback flying into town Sunday before the Bills overtime loss to the Bengals for a workout. Not long after his Monday morning workout at One Bills Drive, Buffalo signed the veteran signal caller.

Meeks to I-R, designated to return

To make room for Flynn on the roster, the Bills placed rookie safety Jonathan Meeks on the injured reserve, designated to return list. Meeks suffered an undisclosed lower leg injury in the first half of Sunday's game and did not return.

Stupid move. The guy sucks and we pick him up. Same as Kolb.

Credit to the front office?

What credit? Credit would be them getting Alex Smith in the offseason. Or at least credit would be signing moblie qbs, like your first round pick for continuity. Thad and Tavaris Jackson. Kolb never fit the mold.