Matt Flynn on flight to Buffalo, (update - now signed)

Punch

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather have anybody over Tebow because there'd be absolutely zero entertainment value in bringing him in and besides that he sucks.

You are in the minority with that I'd bet.

There, I fixed it to what you should have posted. :thumbsup:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

You are in the minority with that I'd bet.

I guess I would be of the minority too. The guy wins. He did it @ Florida and he did it in Denver when given a shot. A few W's would be nice and I sure as heck believe he wold give us a better chance at that than Matt Flynn. Heck, I believe Tuel gives us a better shot to win than Flynn.

I guess I would be of the minority too. The guy wins. He did it @ Florida and he did it in Denver when given a shot. A few W's would be nice and I sure as heck believe he wold give us a better chance at that than Matt Flynn. Heck, I believe Tuel gives us a better shot to win than Flynn.

He just wins, except when he doesn't. :doh:

I see this simply as a matter of the FO and coaching staff deciding "Jeff Tuel is not ready to play in this league right now."

That, to me, is the definition of a practice squad player but for some reason unbeknownst to all of us, they are worried sick that trying to get him to the PS will result in losing him.

I don't get that either. Tuel looked good against Indianapolis, but that's it. I don't see him as someone another team is going to want to trade for down the line which is what you look for in a developmental QB. Their decisions with Tuel made a problem into a disaster.

Edited by Flatlander

While I like the move, I find it curious this GM/coach that was comfortable with 2 rookie QB's and nothing else on active 53, now finds itself with 4 QB's --- I suspect once Flynn can familiarize himself with playbook or we have another injury, we'll see Tuel kicked to the curb and eventually on PS -- I doubt there is any team willing to sign him to their active 53 after the deer in the headlights performance against Cleveland --- will be interesting to see what Marrone say this afternoon at his PC

He just wins, except when he doesn't. :doh:

No one wins them all, but 9-7 as a starter in Denver with a 6 game win streak and a playoff victory under his belt.

Let me guess, you would rather have Flynn :doh:

Now can we officially say that having Tuel be the #2 QB heading into the season was a terrible mistake?

When Kolb and EJ got hurt it threw a major wrench in what they were planning. He was the only QB who had any understanding of the offense. He was supposed to be on the PS.

Now can we officially say that having Tuel be the #2 QB heading into the season was a terrible mistake?

This has been explained and re-explained. Like it or not, they were handcuffed with roster limitations with all the DB injuries and carrying 2 kickers and coudn't have 3 QBs on the active roster. At the time, they didn't feel it was needed to flip Tuel to the PS and Lewis to the 53. They learned the hard way. That said, we have no idea what Lewis woud have done in the Browns game but since he used to be on the Browns for 2 years, we can surmise he would have been had more success against the defense. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

This has been explained and re-explained. Like it or not, they were handcuffed with roster limitations with all the DB injuries and carrying 2 kickers and coudn't have 3 QBs on the active roster. At the time, they didn't feel it was needed to flip Tuel to the PS and Lewis to the 53. They learned the hard way. That said, we have no idea what Lewis woud have done in the Browns game but since he used to be on the Browns for 2 years, we can surmise he would have been had more success against the defense.

Can anyone say that arranging the QBs differently on the roster or signing a different re-tread would have resulted in any difference in the W-L record? Possibly the Cleveland game... maybe, maybe not.

This has been explained and re-explained. Like it or not, they were handcuffed with roster limitations with all the DB injuries and carrying 2 kickers and coudn't have 3 QBs on the active roster. At the time, they didn't feel it was needed to flip Tuel to the PS and Lewis to the 53. They learned the hard way. That said, we have no idea what Lewis woud have done in the Browns game but since he used to be on the Browns for 2 years, we can surmise he would have been had more success against the defense.

I'll preface this comment as follows, I didn't expect this team to compete for playoffs THIS year, however, they did mismanage the roster and your giving them a lame excuse -- the fact is, they should have never been carrying 2 kickers for 5 weeks ! --- after week 2, it was clear Carpenter was competent --- heck, he was competent in Miami for a few years --- I was mad they didn't add more DB's and was willing to look the other way on the 2 rookie QB's since they had Lewis on PS --- but, 2 kickers for 5 weeks when you had a rash of injuries in defensive backfield, a horrible OG issue and 2 rookie QB's --- mistake --- in the end, not a huge one, but a mistake

I'll preface this comment as follows, I didn't expect this team to compete for playoffs THIS year, however, they did mismanage the roster and your giving them a lame excuse -- the fact is, they should have never been carrying 2 kickers for 5 weeks ! --- after week 2, it was clear Carpenter was competent --- heck, he was competent in Miami for a few years --- I was mad they didn't add more DB's and was willing to look the other way on the 2 rookie QB's since they had Lewis on PS --- but, 2 kickers for 5 weeks when you had a rash of injuries in defensive backfield, a horrible OG issue and 2 rookie QB's --- mistake --- in the end, not a huge one, but a mistake

In all fairness, who was available in Week 2 that wanted to or could have come in to start for us at any of the positions named? Who was scooped up off the street at that time by another team and has been lights out for said other team?