Freeman to the Minnesota Vikings

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, This is not a big loss as some are making it out to be. In the long term EJ is our guy. With another season, he'll be way ahead of Freeman. But I'm intrigued by Pat White. He may very well be the African American Flutie.

Bills dropped the ball on this one. They should have been at Freeman Friday morning and sweetened an offer. Freeman had way more on his resume than any of the other choices. Why he would choose Minnesota over Buffalo doesnt make sense to me. I think EJ is still a work in progress. Anyone smart enough to learn the playbook with some natural ability had a chance right away to show what they could do. If Freeman did well and won a few games, there is no guarantee that Marrone rushes EJ back. And yet Freeman thinks that he has a better chance versus Ponder and Cassell to be a long term starter?

Bills dropped the ball on this one. They should have been at Freeman Friday morning and sweetened an offer. Freeman had way more on his resume than any of the other choices. Why he would choose Minnesota over Buffalo doesnt make sense to me. I think EJ is still a work in progress. Anyone smart enough to learn the playbook with some natural ability had a chance right away to show what they could do. If Freeman did well and won a few games, there is no guarantee that Marrone rushes EJ back. And yet Freeman thinks that he has a better chance versus Ponder and Cassell to be a long term starter?

Have you ever seen Ponder or Cassel play?

He does!

So I am confused ... the Bucs have to pay his original salary less what ever he makes from a different team and he signed a deal for 3Million with the Viks?

Basically allowing Tampa to pay only about half they were originally going to pay?

Did I miss something?

He got his salary from TB plus what Minn offered. Nice payday for a season.

Not sure any balls were dropped on Buffalo's end. Freeman, oth, either dropped the ball on a chance to start or he thought his long term chances were better in Minnesota, or he got better money in Minnesota, which is fine. I wouldn't crack the vault even a little bit for him either.

Too little too late for the Bills FO. Should have traded a 7th last week. This season is now officially over. Their late push for Freeman shows they know it too. Whaley and Co. screwed the pooch with no viable backup. We won't win another game until EJ returns, whenever that may be.

I think we already traded a 7th for a QB this season.

Josh Freeman got cut for a reason. At his best, he was a decent NFL QB. Manuel will be better (I think). So why would you want Freeman? And why would he come here??

Give me a break....

At his best he threw for 25 TDs for almost 3500 yards and only 6 ints on a 10-6 playoff team. That's far more than decent!

Too little too late for the Bills FO. Should have traded a 7th last week. This season is now officially over. Their late push for Freeman shows they know it too. Whaley and Co. screwed the pooch with no viable backup. We won't win another game until EJ returns, whenever that may be.

Freeman was not the right fit for the Bills in this situation. EJ will start when he get back, and Freeman would just be a distraction. No long term future for him in Buffalo, so why trade a 7th round pick (which there is no evidence would have been accepted) and pay him $8 m plus to be a back up for a few weeks. Would have made no sense.

I really can't blame the Bills for this.

While we may think we have potential on our team, look at it from his point of view.

Who has the better O Line to protect him?

Who has the better proven TE's?

Who has the better proven receiver core of vets?

And who has a RB with over 2000 yards last year?

He is on a one year contract auditioning for next year's FA. He needs to have the best team TODAY that will let him showcase his skills immediately. He is not looking for a team of unproven rookie receivers who are only going to get better. Or a questionable O Line. He needs immediate performance. The Vikings are a much better bet than the Bills for that.

His real risk with the Vikings is will he get on the field, and stay there in enough games to make that impression he needs to make for next year's FA highest bidder contract auction.

If he can, the Vikings have the best supporting cast on offense over the Bills. We all know the Bills are in full rebuild mode, and that does not give him what he needs for the NOW!

It is not about the future with a team right now for him. It is about proving his worth for the whole league for a big long term contract next year. He is just a hired gun this year.

Edited by simpleman

At his best he threw for 25 TDs for almost 3500 yards and only 6 ints on a 10-6 playoff team. That's far more than decent!

And since? Maybe the last couple of years have been an aberration and he can be salvaged, and maybe all this stuff in Tampa is all Schiano, but where there is smoke there is often fire. I wish him well, but poor fit for the Bills in this situation.