Bills open to trading Byrd

Jdragon2

the past contracts i was thinking about is resigning there own drafted players. keeping there own talent.jason petersmarshawn lynch(iknow it wasnt a contract but he should have never left for a 4th round pick. i think it turned into tank carder and he never made it out of camp)jabari greeryou could list poz and whittner here too. have played well since leavingandy levitrenate clements was allowed to walk out for nothing in return...pat williamsim just saying that we shouldn't show a blind loyalty to the front office just because we root for the team. they have got it wrong but gotten it right sometimes too. but im gonna question them just as much.

"hes fully making it up"? what if he wasn't? i just cant deal in a absolute stance when i dont know for sure and i am 100% sure you dont know either. im sorry but i dont understand why people take the side of the FO like they have done the right thing or are getting it right. 13 years of no playoffs and abundance of miserable draft picks makes me second guess things they do.

Did you even read what I wrote? We all know at this time that Byrd had and played with PF last season. That means he had between January 1st and April 2nd (first day of OTA's) which is 3 full months to treat and heal his condition. So now, let's say Byrd, as a vet, didn't want to participate in the voluntary workouts and OTA's, the mandatory minicamp started June 11th. Now we're talking almost 5 1/2 months of time to heal his condition. If he was still treating it at that point, Marrone and co. would surely have no problem in Byrd missing the minicamp knowing how important a player he is, which would give Byrd nearly 7 full months to heal his PF and still be in camp on time. Ok, so since Byrd decided not to sign his franchise tender, and didn't show up until two weeks before the start of the season, he had...wait for it....just about 8 full months to heal his PF. PF, no matter how severe, can be fully treated and healed in less than half that time. Byrd is a wealthy pro athlete with access to the best trainers/doctors in the country/world. He had plenty of time to rest his feet and get them treated and healed before training camp. If his PF were so severe that it needed 9 1/2 months to heal, he would've been in a wheelchair, and likely couldn't ever play football again, and would need surgeries on both feet. It's impossible to defend Byrd about the PF excuse. It's totally fabricated, again, to reiterate, because he had ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD TO TREAT IT BEFORE THIS SEASON BEGAN. 8 full months.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well. From the clip I heard was not the case.

I won't argue that's what's in the media now. That it has been different since. But I'm going off what I heard. Again, this is all pointless regardless. I still think Byrd is embellishing his injury and there's no possible way anyone can tell me differently.

Okay Fonz:

Did you even read what I wrote? We all know at this time that Byrd had and played with PF last season. That means he had between January 1st and April 2nd (first day of OTA's) which is 3 full months to treat and heal his condition. So now, let's say Byrd, as a vet, didn't want to participate in the voluntary workouts and OTA's, the mandatory minicamp started June 11th. Now we're talking almost 5 1/2 months of time to heal his condition. If he was still treating it at that point, Marrone and co. would surely have no problem in Byrd missing the minicamp knowing how important a player he is, which would give Byrd nearly 7 full months to heal his PF and still be in camp on time. Ok, so since Byrd decided not to sign his franchise tender, and didn't show up until two weeks before the start of the season, he had...wait for it....just about 8 full months to heal his PF. PF, no matter how severe, can be fully treated and healed in less than half that time. Byrd is a wealthy pro athlete with access to the best trainers/doctors in the country/world. He had plenty of time to rest his feet and get them treated and healed before training camp. If his PF were so severe that it needed 9 1/2 months to heal, he would've been in a wheelchair, and likely couldn't ever play football again, and would need surgeries on both feet. It's impossible to defend Byrd about the PF excuse. It's totally fabricated, again, to reiterate, because he had ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD TO TREAT IT BEFORE THIS SEASON BEGAN. 8 full months.

Byrd would be suing everyone who ever treated him for this if it took 8 months to heal as they would have been utterly incompetent doctors.

just suck it up already. Treat the 5 weeks of free money as your signing bonus and go play. Because that's what you think a signing bonus is. Free Money. You dont care that its really and advance on future services. That's why you want a big one and why you're pissy that you didnt get the millions of "free money" you think you deserve.

But Is PF really an injury? I know it medically can be an injury if there's actual tearing of the ligaments instead of just inflamation. (I get PF flares from time to time myself)

But is it a FOOTBALL injury?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7tdxSOhOXY

Edited by maddenboy

Byrd would be suing everyone who ever treated him for this if it took 8 months to heal as they would have been utterly incompetent doctors.

That's what I'm saying. The 8 full months Byrd had to heal his PF didn't do the trick, but the extra 6 weeks did? Ok, sure. He's made some bad decisions, along with his agent. I feel like Byrd should've been out on that field from day 1, which would've made it easier/possible for the Bills to trade him before the deadline, provided a team would take him w/o a long term deal. I hope we franchise him again. I wish someone in the media would ask him to his face "So, hey, Jairus...um...what the hell were you doing for the 8 months between the end of last season and the start of this one if not treating your Plantar Fasciitis?"

Edited by ko12010

Okay Fonz:

haha. Really funny Fonzy. What I said and still admit to the fact that now things are being said that are different from what I heard. I believe it was the presser after the game but I don't know for sure. Either way. I could care less. It's everyone else that's making excuses for Byrd. I knew the entire time he wouldn't be playing for a while if at all this season. I'm still not wrong when most people thought I was ridiculous to say all this back when the franchise tag was slapped on him. Ill continue to pat myself on the back for not having my head in the sand about this situation. Everyone else can believe Byrd is really injured. Edited by mrags

haha. Really funny Fonzy. What I said and still admit to the fact that now things are being said that are different from what I heard. I believe it was the presser after the game but I don't know for sure. Either way. I could care less. It's everyone else that's making excuses for Byrd. I knew the entire time he wouldn't be playing for a while if at all this season. I'm still not wrong when most people thought I was ridiculous to say all this back when the franchise tag was slapped on him. Ill continue to pat myself on the back for not having my head in the sand about this situation. Everyone else can believe Byrd is really injured.

Good to know that you care. At Marrone's post game presser last week, he said the same thing as what was in the article. You are just....... :lol:

Geez, this is like a high school cheerleading troop, whining and crying about how the captain of the squad is such a b***h.

Byrd is a football player, and a good one. We are a team in short supply of good players hence our long absence from the play offs. All these posts eviscerating Byrd are all from people who on a personal level just really despise the guy. But we are building a football team and the only thing that matters is performance, not personalities. Some of the best players in the game are total a$$holes. Brady, Wilfork, Von Miller etc, etc. So even if everything everyone says about Byrd that thinks he's a jerk, a greedy bastard, a liar, a loafer, etc, etc. is true, the bottom line is that he is a good football player and the Bills will not improve by losing good players.

If Byrd was a mediocre player on the field, we wouldn't have all these threads and endless posts complaining about him. You folks only care enough about him to denounce him because he is a very, very good player. I don't care if Byrd is the biggest pr**k in the league as long as he performs on the field. At this point, plenty of folks on the board would be elated if we lost Byrd for a 4th round pick because they can't stand the guy. I am sure it will be a cathartic thrill for them to see Byrd go, but it won't make us a better football team. It will however get us one step closer to the record for missing the play offs.

Geez, this is like a high school cheerleading troop, whining and crying about how the captain of the squad is such a b***h.

Byrd is a football player, and a good one. We are a team in short supply of good players hence our long absence from the play offs. All these posts eviscerating Byrd are all from people who on a personal level just really despise the guy. But we are building a football team and the only thing that matters is performance, not personalities. Some of the best players in the game are total a$$holes. Brady, Wilfork, Von Miller etc, etc. So even if everything everyone says about Byrd that thinks he's a jerk, a greedy bastard, a liar, a loafer, etc, etc. is true, the bottom line is that he is a good football player and the Bills will not improve by losing good players.

If Byrd was a mediocre player on the field, we wouldn't have all these threads and endless posts complaining about him. You folks only care enough about him to denounce him because he is a very, very good player. I don't care if Byrd is the biggest pr**k in the league as long as he performs on the field. At this point, plenty of folks on the board would be elated if we lost Byrd for a 4th round pick because they can't stand the guy. I am sure it will be a cathartic thrill for them to see Byrd go, but it won't make us a better football team. It will however get us one step closer to the record for missing the play offs.

great post. Your absolutely right. I agree with everything you said 100%. The big problem with it is the fact that he's not playing.

Let me say this.

I have been paying attention. To Byrd and the Bills all along as others sure have too. How much I am invested in it ? Not so much anymore

Cant even tell what the hell has been going on. with any exactitude

That means at least one party is lying if not two.

This whole drama is just poop to me . sorry guys .

The worst part is no one can just " move on ". my quote

Play Byrd play. Just f'n play the game of football. and play it to win.

ps 26 you are too young to be using Happy Days as a weapon :bag:

You know a thread has jumped the shark when Henry Winkler and James Caan make an appearance on the same page.

out of context alert andy samberg Edited by 3rdand12

Let me say this.

I have been paying attention. To Byrd and the Bills all along as others sure have too. How much I am invested in it ? Not so much anymore

Cant even tell what the hell has been going on. with any exactitude

That means at least one party is lying if not two.

This whole drama is just poop to me . sorry guys .

The worst part is no one can just " move on ". my quote

Play Byrd play. Just f'n play the game of football. and play it to win.

ps @^ you are too young to be using Happy Days as a weapon :bag:

This is not a PPP divert

Too many people want to draw sides and line the two parties up. It is a lot like what goes on in Washington. How fitting is it that healthcare is a big fuss now and Byrd's health is the big fuss in Buffalo?

Why is it we are drawing these sides? Do we really feel more connected with a football team name/organization then a player? Or a player over team?

just like in Washington, everyone will end up with egg on their face and both parties will claim victory regardless of the outcome.

This is not a PPP divert

Too many people want to draw sides and line the two parties up. It is a lot like what goes on in Washington. How fitting is it that healthcare is a big fuss now and Byrd's health is the big fuss in Buffalo?

Why is it we are drawing these sides? Do we really feel more connected with a football team name/organization then a player? Or a player over team?

just like in Washington, everyone will end up with egg on their face and both parties will claim victory regardless of the outcome.

I retract my shark jumping statement . I was not aware of the implications at the time. Andy Samberg is kinda funny i guess.

Taking sides is the age old thing to do. To belong. Hence religion and pick up football.

Myself ? I want balance in the world , conscious effort and the Bills to win the superbowl fairly and squarely. Before i die.

And WHEN they do i will be expecting the hand of Death soon after.

Go Bills