Bills open to trading Byrd

Jdragon2

Did you even read what I wrote? We all know at this time that Byrd had and played with PF last season. That means he had between January 1st and April 2nd (first day of OTA's) which is 3 full months to treat and heal his condition. So now, let's say Byrd, as a vet, didn't want to participate in the voluntary workouts and OTA's, the mandatory minicamp started June 11th. Now we're talking almost 5 1/2 months of time to heal his condition. If he was still treating it at that point, Marrone and co. would surely have no problem in Byrd missing the minicamp knowing how important a player he is, which would give Byrd nearly 7 full months to heal his PF and still be in camp on time. Ok, so since Byrd decided not to sign his franchise tender, and didn't show up until two weeks before the start of the season, he had...wait for it....just about 8 full months to heal his PF. PF, no matter how severe, can be fully treated and healed in less than half that time. Byrd is a wealthy pro athlete with access to the best trainers/doctors in the country/world. He had plenty of time to rest his feet and get them treated and healed before training camp. If his PF were so severe that it needed 9 1/2 months to heal, he would've been in a wheelchair, and likely couldn't ever play football again, and would need surgeries on both feet. It's impossible to defend Byrd about the PF excuse. It's totally fabricated, again, to reiterate, because he had ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD TO TREAT IT BEFORE THIS SEASON BEGAN. 8 full months.

im sorry you are correct. i will take your word over anyone elses because your opinion on what he should have done is right and he is a liar. hes stealing your money on a team with no salary cap space to do anything because of him. burn him!!

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill continue to pat myself on the back

Hope you don't strain your arm with that.

This has been linked to before, in case anyone who would like to read some athlete experience and quotes from experts (physicians). I don't mean you mrags, you've graciously made your position clear that no one can tell you anything different.

Edited by Hopeful

This has been linked to before, in case anyone who would like to read some athlete experience and quotes from experts (physicians). I don't mean you mrags, you've graciously made your position clear that no one can tell you anything different.

so how does that make any sense of this situation? It has been known for a whole now that whole Byrd has had this injury he's played with it for years. What's different now?

You don't think the Boo Byrds will show up Sunday?

He's not worth the emotional investment, frankly. I'm completely apathetic when it comes to Byrd. Kinda like he seems to be towards his team.

GO BILLS!!!

He's not worth the emotional investment, frankly. I'm completely apathetic when it comes to Byrd. Kinda like he seems to be towards his team.

GO BILLS!!!

Will you at least hold a little emotion on reserve so when he does get a big INT you can let it out?

Will you at least hold a little emotion on reserve so when he does get a big INT you can let it out?

Perhaps. But my guess is I'll be more pissed when he gets beat deep than I will be grateful for an INT. If that makes any sense. I've just lost so much respect for him as a professional.

GO BILLS!!!

Thishas been linked to before, in case anyone who would like to read some athlete experience and quotes from experts (physicians). I don't mean you mrags, you've graciously made your position clear that no one can tell you anything different.

Then who would want to give a player with that problem the biggest safety contract in the league?

Bills GM Whaley not actively shopping S Byrd: http://bigstory.ap.o...shopping-s-byrd

"Our focus right now is Jairus getting on the field and playing the best he can for the Buffalo Bills," Whaley said. "We are not actively on the phone hammering out trying to look for a trade. By the same token, (team president) Russ Brandon would listen if someone wanted to trade.

"So if the phone rings, we're going to listen. But that doesn't mean we're out trying to trade."

Whaley said the team has been impressed with how Byrd has handled himself throughout his rehabilitation, which has included the player spending extra time on the field following practice.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Perhaps. But my guess is I'll be more pissed when he gets beat deep than I will be grateful for an INT. If that makes any sense. I've just lost so much respect for him as a professional.

GO BILLS!!!

Well, just remember he has a Buffalo on his helmet. I am not too far off from you, but I am trying to remain neutral in this because it is so frivolous. I will cheer (almost) any player that will play or has played for the Bills.

Bills GM Whaley not actively shopping S Byrd: http://bigstory.ap.o...shopping-s-byrd

"Our focus right now is Jairus getting on the field and playing the best he can for the Buffalo Bills," Whaley said. "We are not actively on the phone hammering out trying to look for a trade. By the same token, (team president) Russ Brandon would listen if someone wanted to trade.

"So if the phone rings, we're going to listen. But that doesn't mean we're out trying to trade."

Whaley said the team has been impressed with how Byrd has handled himself throughout his rehabilitation, which has included the player spending extra time on the field following practice.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwawrow. We already knew this, though. Dang that local media! :nana:

He has said the team will take any calls, though I believe that is more just a softball lob to keep an extra piece in play on the table, even if it is weak. There is no team in this league that would give up what it should cost for Byrd.

@hsimon62

Marrone said he's never seen Byrd negatively affected by the contract situation. he wants to play

@WGR550

Marrone on Byrd situation: "I have not seen one issue with him....he did everything he could to come back"

Listen to Coach Marrone from 12:30 to 14:50 on Jairus Byrd: http://podcast.wgr55...wnloadlink=true

Unless people think Marrone is lying, that should settle all of the fan anger towards Byrd with regard to faking injury.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Well, just remember he has a Buffalo on his helmet. I am not too far off from you, but I am trying to remain neutral in this because it is so frivolous. I will cheer (almost) any player that will play or has played for the Bills.

He's got a buffalo on his helmet, but that's as far as it goes. That much has become obvious. He's a mercenary, nothing more. And I fully understand that and don't fault him for it, either. But contrast that with Eric Wood. Or to Freddy or CJ or A Williams who immediately after being hurt, stated their intentions to want to get back on the field. They have buffaloes stamped on their hearts. Perhaps it's too romantic a notion nowadays, but that still means something to me. I am totally apathetic when it comes to Jairus Byrd. And I'd feel that way even if I felt he really WERE the best safety in the game.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Byrd needs to show other teams that he is worth a big contract. He needs to start hot and grab an INT or 2. To be honest, I don't see many teams throwing big money at the Safety position.

He's already shown he's worth a big contract. See his first 4 years. :wallbash:

I dont think a big contract, per se, is the issue. I think its the big Signing Bonus (guaranteed money).

Do you think he'd take a contract with $11M per year for 5 years with zero signing bonus (i.e., zero guaranteed)? That's a lot for a safety.

I'm sure he'd prefer that same $55M as $7M per year with $20M signing bonus (i.e.: Free Money that I dont have to work for). (And I recognize that "signing bonuses" are not technically how it works, but guaranteed money is the same thing).

Because the problem is that the Signing Bonus is not a reward for the past. Players think it is. GMs care about his next 4 years, not his past 4.

Edited by maddenboy

@hsimon62

Marrone said he's never seen Byrd negatively affected by the contract situation. he wants to play

@WGR550

Marrone on Byrd situation: "I have not seen one issue with him....he did everything he could to come back"

Listen to Coach Marrone from 12:30 to 14:50 on Jairus Byrd: http://podcast.wgr55...wnloadlink=true

Unless people think Marrone is lying, that should settle all of the fan anger towards Byrd with regard to faking injury.

would you openly, in the media say how unhappy you are with your boss/coworkers/employees?

Didnt think so. You'd keep it all in house. If not speak about it at all.

Byrd has played with this injury in the past. Why is it so hard to fathom that he's embellishing his injury now because of the contract situation?

Ill admit that the things you say are correct, in record as long as you can admit that It has been stated that Byrd has played with this injury in the past and its not out of the question that he could be embellishing it a little bit, or at least might have been earlier in the season because he was angry about being franchise tagged.

We both win, how's that.

A couple thoughts...

(1) PF sucks. I was running 40-50 miles per week training for an ultramarathon when I got PF. Didn't seem like a huge deal at first. But I limped when I walked and couldn't run. My doc said I needed to rest. Not content with that I started looking for treatments online. I started wearing a Strassburg sock when I slept and doing special stretching exercise when awake. The date of the ultra came and went and I was still limping around. I couldn't run for 7 or 8 months. Another runner told me they missed an entire year because of PF. It can linger for long periods, sometimes years.

(2) PF can easily be faked. There aren't any visible symptoms as far as I know.

I guess your opinion of Byrd's injury depends a lot on your opinion of Byrd's character and human nature.

Having no way of knowing if he's faking or not, I'm inclined to give Byrd the benefit of the doubt. Especially when he wanted to play last week. It was Marrone - under the advice of doctors and trainers - that kept Byrd off the field.

would you openly, in the media say how unhappy you are with your boss/coworkers/employees?

Didnt think so. You'd keep it all in house. If not speak about it at all.

Byrd has played with this injury in the past. Why is it so hard to fathom that he's embellishing his injury now because of the contract situation?

Ill admit that the things you say are correct, in record as long as you can admit that It has been stated that Byrd has played with this injury in the past and its not out of the question that he could be embellishing it a little bit, or at least might have been earlier in the season because he was angry about being franchise tagged.

We both win, how's that.

Once again, you're dealing in conjecture or possibility based on what?.....Nothing! You seem to revel in making up things with no evidence or "hearing" things to fit your conspiracy theory narrative. The team (Whaley and Marrone) hasn't been quiet about Byrd in this scenario as evidenced by the following:

Doug Whaley's statement on Byrd:

When you couple Whaley's statement with the fact that Coach Marrone went out of his way on more than one occasion to say that Byrd has been nothing but outstanding with regard to trying to get back on the field to play and also as a professional that settles it for me.

This is not about either you or I winning anything. It's about facts supported by team statements vs fiction. Revel on and enjoy what you've been so pridefully posting.

Post injury. Foot injuries effect plant and push for DB, WR and RB the most. If he is slowed by it, he will not get the big pay day. Previous 4 years don't mean squat due to this.