Bills open to trading Byrd

Jdragon2

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JeffRussoWKBW

#Bills Byrd says critics are a part of the NFL.. Knows his character ... Ready to go play for his teammates

At this point, Byrd appears to me to be a selfish jerk and a lair. His character is seriously in question.

Unfortunately, the Bills have to get rid of Byrd at this point. His value over the next few weeks is as good as it's going to get. After the trade deadline then what? Franchising him again next year would make absolutely no sense unless he were to show Ed Reed level skills to finish the year out. I just don't see that happening. The Bills need to take the best offer regardless of what it is and have their closure.

Your thinking is inline with the Bills front office, which is to trade all your pro-bowl players for 4th or 5th round picks. Panic time!! That got us how many playoff appearances in the last 13 years?

At this point, Byrd appears to me to be a selfish jerk and a lair. His character is seriously in question.

Your thinking is inline with the Bills front office, which is to trade all your pro-bowl players for 4th or 5th round picks. Panic time!! That got us how many playoff appearances in the last 13 years?

I fail to see your point. You're making even bigger generalities than I did. The Byrd situation has it's own specific set of circumstances to draw conclusions from. If Byrd really was injured this whole time, then his asking price made little sense. If he was faking it until now while guaranteed 7 million for the season, then he is a fraud as far as team players go. Either way closure is imminent. As for the lack of playoffs for 13 years, it hasn't been missed because of guards and safeties jumping ship. QB play is the lynch pin. When you have a QB play at a really high level, teams tend to spend more. Without a franchise QB, they get cold feet. Byrd isn't going to lead a team to the playoffs.

I fail to see your point. You're making even bigger generalities than I did. The Byrd situation has it's own specific set of circumstances to draw conclusions from. If Byrd really was injured this whole time, then his asking price made little sense. If he was faking it until now while guaranteed 7 million for the season, then he is a fraud as far as team players go. Either way closure is imminent. As for the lack of playoffs for 13 years, it hasn't been missed because of guards and safeties jumping ship. QB play is the lynch pin. When you have a QB play at a really high level, teams tend to spend more. Without a franchise QB, they get cold feet. Byrd isn't going to lead a team to the playoffs.

Absolutely. Lack of proficient, let alone elite, QB play is the single biggest factor in the playoff drought.

GO BILLS!!!

I am having trouble understanding how he is worth two first round picks but not worth the contract he was asking for? If he is that valuable, why not just pay him?

That's precisely the point: He isn't worth anywhere near that! And that's especially true at this time, not being able to sign long-term AND "suffering" with PF. All of the people on this board thinking the Bills will get anywhere near a day one pick, let alone day 2, are in la la land.

The scuttlebutt is he could only get us a 4th round pick even when a team could have signed him to a long-term deal back before the July deadline! Right now, I'm guessing you might, if REALLY lucky get a 4th, but probably no more than a 5th and maybe a 6th or 7th thrown in. Next year, once franchised again and able to sign with a team long-term, a 3rd might be had if you're REALLY lucky and possibly only a 4th.

You have to figure the Bills would certainly have been listening to trade offers, and you had to figure ole Eugene was, too. I can't imagine the Bills would have turned down a first or even a second last year before the July deadline if someone was offering, just be rid of this headache.

The fact is, Byrd is a very good FS, but Troy P or Ed Reed he is not. Many assume that it was just the Bills being cheap. I suspect there's a team out there willing to pay him a decent contract, but he and his agent are wet dreaming if they thinks he's going to get anywhere near top FS money next year.

with the amount of cap this team has and the amount that cannot be rolled over to 2014 because it was already rolled over once it makes me think this team has a a self imposed salary cap they don't want to go over thats why they split the cap hit of Fitz/mark anderson money into this year and next.

and with that being said why would we let byrd AND levitre leave for little to no value. something is up with all this right after brandon was talking about creating a winning culture and resigning our own. idk. sounds like business as usual for the FO.

i kinda am more on byrds side of things thru this. he played last year with a injury expecting the FO to reward him with a contract. it didnt happen. i can see why hes not happy having to risk millions by playing and the possibility of getting hurt. it is a business and people are talking about being mad at him because hes not a team players and whatnot. well hes trying to take care of his future right now.

and the argument of 6.9 million being a ton of money and he should get out there is kind of moot when you realize hes risking possibly 20 million. you cant equate a 9-5 job to that of a nfl player.

i kinda am more on byrds side of things thru this. he played last year with a injury expecting the FO to reward him with a contract. it didnt happen.

First, how do we know he played with PF last year? Other than his say-so. Not on any injury reports. And IIRC, he never mentioned it in the media in the offseason. Why not mention it? If you had it all last year, clearly OBD knew about it so that wouldnt hurt your chances at getting a deal.

Second, PF is not exactly an "injury." I get PF myself from time to time. Never lasts more than 2-3 days. Its more like an inflammation. And I cannot see how it could cause him to get hurt. Your feet hurt when you run. That. Is. All.

First, how do we know he played with PF last year? Other than his say-so. Not on any injury reports. And IIRC, he never mentioned it in the media in the offseason. Why not mention it? If you had it all last year, clearly OBD knew about it so that wouldnt hurt your chances at getting a deal.

Second, PF is not exactly an "injury." I get PF myself from time to time. Never lasts more than 2-3 days. Its more like an inflammation. And I cannot see how it could cause him to get hurt. Your feet hurt when you run. That. Is. All.

the team confirmed he had the injury last year and took shots to play thru it.as for your case of PF maybe you should get that fixed. i hope your job doesnt involve you being on your feet i could only imagine how that would suck to work with a condition like that.

Now that the bills have a potentially excellent D for the first time in 15 yrs--minus Gilmore and Byrd--we wanna trade/get rid of Byrd. Oh this is the fine thinking of goddawful franchises.

Gee maybe we could get a 1st for Byrd--draft a safety since we'll need one--- and have a 15% chance of getting someone as good as Byrd.-And we could get picked apart by the weedens of the world again after dareus,Mario,kiko and kyle get exhausted by their own 3 and out offense.

the team confirmed he had the injury last year and took shots to play thru it.as for your case of PF maybe you should get that fixed. i hope your job doesnt involve you being on your feet i could only imagine how that would suck to work with a condition like that.

Do you have a link?

Again, i dont consider it an injury. Its like that question from that college football movie from the Coach to the player laying on the field.

"Are you injured or are you hurt?"

"Uh, what's the difference, coach?"

"Injured means you cannot play. Hurt means it doesnt feel good but you can play." (I paraphrased a bit i'm sure).

But WebMD suggests that, the more serious cases do need more significant treatment. My PF is apparently not that serious. http://www.webmd.com...antar-fasciitis

So maybe its an injury, to the extent it is caused by overtraining. But If you offered me $400,000 to go play football for 3 hours during a PF flare up, of course I would. Other players do all the time.

Edited by maddenboy

Now that the bills have a potentially excellent D for the first time in 15 yrs--minus Gilmore and Byrd--we wanna trade/get rid of Byrd. Oh this is the fine thinking of goddawful franchises.

Gee maybe we could get a 1st for Byrd--draft a safety since we'll need one--- and have a 15% chance of getting someone as good as Byrd.-And we could get picked apart by the weedens of the world again after dareus,Mario,kiko and kyle get exhausted by their own 3 and out offense.

The offense is designed to tire out the defense!

Ok. I haven't read the last few pages just because its nothing but going back and forth between arguments that Burd is worth a 1st, or He isn't.

My question is this... Isn't the trade deadline week 6? Isn't this week 6? So my question is, isn't it pointless for Byrd to showcase what he has now? He won't get any trade because he can show what he's for on the field. No more trading past this week (unless ok mistaken, anyone know?)

So if this is all true, Byrd won't be going anywhere. He'll play the rest of the year (barring a serious injury). We better franchise him again next season too. I wouldn't care if he's got to sit on the bench like he's done this year. As an organization, you can't let your talent walk for nothing. Of the best you can get is a 4th? I'd rather keep him and hope that your in a playoff race and he can help. If yiu can get a 2nd or 3rd, then a trade is probably a smart move.

But I will say, there isn't a snowballs chance in hell, that Byrd gets a 1st rounder right now. It will NEVER HAPPEN.

with the amount of cap this team has and the amount that cannot be rolled over to 2014 because it was already rolled over once it makes me think this team has a a self imposed salary cap they don't want to go over thats why they split the cap hit of Fitz/mark anderson money into this year and next.

and with that being said why would we let byrd AND levitre leave for little to no value. something is up with all this right after brandon was talking about creating a winning culture and resigning our own. idk. sounds like business as usual for the FO.

i kinda am more on byrds side of things thru this. he played last year with a injury expecting the FO to reward him with a contract. it didnt happen. i can see why hes not happy having to risk millions by playing and the possibility of getting hurt. it is a business and people are talking about being mad at him because hes not a team players and whatnot. well hes trying to take care of his future right now.

and the argument of 6.9 million being a ton of money and he should get out there is kind of moot when you realize hes risking possibly 20 million. you cant equate a 9-5 job to that of a nfl player.

They offered him a contract and I am betting it was fair, number 1 safety money wasn't deserved.

Do you have a link?

Again, i dont consider it an injury. Its like that question from that college football movie from the Coach to the player laying on the field.

"Are you injured or are you hurt?"

"Uh, what's the difference, coach?"

"Injured means you cannot play. Hurt means it doesnt feel good but you can play." (I paraphrased a bit i'm sure).

But WebMD suggests that, the more serious cases do need more significant treatment. My PF is apparently not that serious. http://www.webmd.com...antar-fasciitis

So maybe its an injury, to the extent it is caused by overtraining. But If you offered me $400,000 to go play football for 3 hours during a PF flare up, of course I would. Other players do all the time.

id play for 20$. i nor you would be very good and no team would want to pay us any amount to play...luckily the team confirmed he took shots to play thru this last year(sorry im to lazy to go back and find it). i can see why he wouldnt want to again after he was not rewarded with a long term contract.

They offered him a contract and I am betting it was fair, number 1 safety money wasn't deserved.

too bad none of us know what the real numbers are on it. judging by how the bills have treated past contract negotiations tho im not so trusting everything was done to retain him. the bills have plenty of cap room. russ brandon just 10 months ago was talking about a changing of the culture and that they wanted to sign there own young players and here we are with levitre gone and byrd could be too. i just dont wanna get stuck in the same vicious circle of letting players walk and drafting the same position the next draft. they have been stuck with one foot in a hole for too long. when other players/agents/coaches around the league see that im sure its not a good thing.

too bad none of us know what the real numbers are on it. judging by how the bills have treated past contract negotiations tho im not so trusting everything was done to retain him. the bills have plenty of cap room. russ brandon just 10 months ago was talking about a changing of the culture and that they wanted to sign there own young players and here we are with levitre gone and byrd could be too. i just dont wanna get stuck in the same vicious circle of letting players walk and drafting the same position the next draft. they have been stuck with one foot in a hole for too long. when other players/agents/coaches around the league see that im sure its not a good thing.

treated past negotiations? You mean like...

Wood

Stevie

Freddie

Fitz

Mario

Kyle

Walker

Dockery

Kelsey

Schobel

Juron

You mean those past contract negotiations??

Or we're you singling out Levitre and Peters?

Edited by mrags

id play for 20$. i nor you would be very good and no team would want to pay us any amount to play...luckily the team confirmed he took shots to play thru this last year(sorry im to lazy to go back and find it). i can see why he wouldnt want to again after he was not rewarded with a long term contract.

His PF, even if it were severe, should definitely have gone away between last year and the start of this year. Even if he didn't have access to the Bills trainers and facility, he's already very wealthy and easily could have gotten top treatment for his PF. There is almost no way it wouldn't have been fully healed by the start of this season if he had been treating it. He's fully making it up, having hoped for a trade by now and it was his way to stick it to management.