Ohio sports media... saying Kiko should have been ejected

YoloinOhio

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Replay on the hit that knocked EJ out showed contact above the knee, but what about the play before where you could clearly see the Browns player going for his knees? I personally think that they were after EJ on every play he ran so they could get even for that Hoyer hit. As far as the Kiko hit, he will most likely be seeing a fine for that even though I really didn't see that as intentional. As people mentioned, it was just the awkward way that Hoyer was coming down. The stupid penalty on Williams however...that's a definite fine there. That was just plain dumb.

Hoyer was fair game and did not slide

He was trying to slide, albeit too late. I don't have an issue with Alonzo hitting Hoyer. But Alonzo led with the crown of his helmet into Hoyers helmet. It should have been flagged in my opinion, and I would not be surprised if the league took some of his next paycheck for it.

Edited by CodeMonkey

He was trying to slide, albeit too late. I don't have an issue with Alonzo hitting Hoyer. But Alonzo led with the crown of his helmet into Hoyers helmet. It should have been flagged in my opinion, and I would not be surprised if the league took some of his next paycheck for it.

It could have been flagged but Alonso did not lead with his helmet.

Quarterbacks should not run. EJ Manuel showed poor judgment by taking that hit unnecessarily. The Browns QB put himself in an awkward position and the injury resulted.

QB's with no common sense get hurt easier. Look at Payton Manning and Tom Brady as two QB's who know how to protect themselves.

pretty sure he didn't hit him helmet to helmet. if anything hit hoyer's helmet it was kiko's shoulder.

kikonow.gif

bad angle but here's a better one:

http://thebiglead.co...-to-twist-knee/

I think that view shows pretty definitively that Hoyer didn't start sliding until it was too late. So in that respect, it was a legal hit, and the whiners in Ohio have no argument.

Now, whether it was helmet-to-helmet is another story. But again, Kiko was low from the beginning, and Hoyer decended into the hit. He'll probably get fined for it, but from this obviously biased perspective, I think it was legitimate.

I also think the hit on Manuel was legitimate. I think the Cleveland players and fans are a bunch of classless whiners, however.

At first glance it looked dirty but on replay you can clearly see from the sideline slo mo that a) Hoyer doesnt slide until the last second and is fair game, b)Hoyer also slides awkwardly leading to him getting hit, c) kiko hits him in the shoulder then his helmet hits Hoyers head on the deflection. The Manuel hit was targetted on the knees. Why didnt the defender shove him out of bounds? It was also a very dumb play by EJ. GET THE F out of bounds!! or you will get killed in this league!

It gives them something to talk about for 3 seconds out of the other 23 hours, 59 minutes and 57 seconds they will talk about ohio state buckeyes football

They went 3 minutes on the Browns... now 20 minutes on the CBJ (only because it is the home opener tonight... they will whine about the Bengals for 2 min and the rest will be all Buckeyes.

I'm not sure what people expect Kiko to do. He went to tackle Hoyer before Hoyer slid. Hoyer starts to slide way too late and in the process lowers his head to the level that Kiko's head was already at.

How could a helmet to helmet hit cause a knee injury? Dem smart clevelanders don't know much about anatomy.

I saw them all tweeting about it last night.... now they are saying today on the radio he should have been tossed out of the game and fined for hit on Hoyer. No mention, however, of the hit on EJ or anything to do with the Bills. And they said "Kiko Alonso, or whatever the hell his name is."

Ummm... better start learning his name. Or maybe just call him sir. And I know, "scoreboard." Just speaking about the hit and Kiko's performance overall. Not the score. We all know the factors that led to that, and it sure as hell had nothing to do with Kiko or our front 7.

Agree on the Hoyer helmet to helmet hit. Kiko lead with the crown. That was the only thing illegal about that hit, though. Hoyer slid late which opened him up for a hit. That is on him.

EJ should have gotten out of bounds. The hit was legal. Not getting out of bounds was on him.

I thought once the QB runs there is no helmet to helmet. And kiko did let up on hoyer. The second he realized hoyer was going down he put his arms out and tried to reduce the hit. Kiko didn't in anyway lead with his helmet he lead with his shoulder and the impact from that hit brought hoyers head up into kikos. No way shape or form a helmet to helmet hit.