Ohio sports media... saying Kiko should have been ejected

YoloinOhio

I saw them all tweeting about it last night.... now they are saying today on the radio he should have been tossed out of the game and fined for hit on Hoyer. No mention, however, of the hit on EJ or anything to do with the Bills. And they said "Kiko Alonso, or whatever the hell his name is."

Ummm... better start learning his name. Or maybe just call him sir. And I know, "scoreboard." Just speaking about the hit and Kiko's performance overall. Not the score. We all know the factors that led to that, and it sure as hell had nothing to do with Kiko or our front 7.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought kiko's hit could have been called helmet to helmet...i had zero issue with the hit on ej.

They are saying helmet to helmet. BTW I don't know about the hit on EJ but Gipson did go low and right at his knee. But they aren't even mentioning that EJ got hit and was out! As if that didn't have an impact on the game? Nope, all Browns.

They are also having lots of fun with Tuel. Seriously, I hope the Browns lose the rest of their games except for Pats and Jets.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

yeah i should qualify, that was in no way a QB slide that affords him protection, still thought it was a helmet to helmet hit...

!@#$ them. It was a legit hit, their hero was an RB at that point and wasnt' even close to sliding properly.

yeah i should qualify, that was in no way a QB slide that affords him protection, still thought it was a helmet to helmet hit...

I'd have to watch it again but I thought it was pretty clear that Kiko hit Hoyer in the shoulder first. I believe, but could be wrong, that helmet to helmet has to be going for the head and it being first contact. Plowing through a shoulder and then hitting helmet because the guy was falling would not be and should not be a penalty. The NFL will still fine him though, because they fine everyone, even when the league is wrong.

Agree on the Hoyer helmet to helmet hit. Kiko lead with the crown. That was the only thing illegal about that hit, though. Hoyer slid late which opened him up for a hit. That is on him.

EJ should have gotten out of bounds. The hit was legal. Not getting out of bounds was on him.

I might agree if it was a proper feet first slide which it wasn't

Should we say the same about the guy who took out EJ's knee?

My only input on that is Kiko was tackling the body, "guy" went low from the start. He could have easily pushed him OOB but went for a low tackle on the sideline.