Byrd Full Participant at practice today

Actually, Byrd puts who on the bench....Jim Leonard.....small slow guy who is directing traffic out there because he knows the Defense.......replace with Byrd who has never played a down with this D. Or, do you put A Williams on the bench, who is playing out of his skull right now. Not sure we get an improvement right away.......might be more talented physically if Leonard sits.......but, maybe not as savy. After all, Leonard only has two picks so far, just like Williams. Just sayin......

Nothing against Leonard. He is a good player, but Byrd is far more talented and can make all the calls I'm sure.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If...Byrd is going to play then he is going to get significantly more snaps then previous posters have mentioned. He is among the best players we have, if not the best.

Lets remove the contract situation from this a moment. How would we be looking at this if he was already paid? Would it be just like Mario Williams? Alright, probably so. Lets say he plays at Mario's 2012 - we'd be less then thrilled right? Would it be any better trading his talent for a 2nd round? I do not think we would get a 1st round - but we could. For this, lets just say 2nd round.

Lets go Byrd! Fly!

do we want Byrd back there? is he going to be at full speed? is it going to take him a few quarters to shake the rust off? I feel like with the way Leonhard and Searcy have been playing, Byrd has become expendable. trade him for a 2nd round pick!

Exactly which team is going to trade a 2nd round pick for a guy they can only be certain to have for the rest of this season only?

If...Byrd is going to play then he is going to get significantly more snaps then previous posters have mentioned. He is among the best players we have, if not the best.

Lets remove the contract situation from this a moment. How would we be looking at this if he was already paid? Would it be just like Mario Williams? Alright, probably so. Lets say he plays at Mario's 2012 - we'd be less then thrilled right? Would it be any better trading his talent for a 2nd round? I do not think we would get a 1st round - but we could. For this, lets just say 2nd round.

Lets go Byrd! Fly!

Are you high or just delusional? What GM in his right mind is trading a 1st, 2nd or even a 3rd round draft pick for a guy they are not guaranteed to have beyond the rest of this season??

How do you explain it to your fan base when next year's draft comes around and your missing a high draft pick for a guy that's moved on to another team for bigger bucks or a better chance to earn a ring?

Yeah, I'm sure the league will be knocking themselves out to offer up that kind of draft pick compensation.

Trade stuff with Byrd needs to stop. Jacksonville just gave up on a 26 year old franchise LT and in return got a couple of mid-round draft picks. There is no value unless he was already signed to a long term contract. I am fairly certain they can not trade him and have him sign a long term deal with new team at the same time.

If Byrd plays this week it is in three safety packages with Searcy and Leonhard. A. Williams plays CB even if McKelvin is back. If McKelvin is healthy Rogers sits thank god.

The big dilemma is what happens when Byrd, Gilmore, Williams, and McKelvin are all healthy. Who plays SS? Who plays FS? Who is the nickel/slot DB?