Byrd Full Participant at practice today

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Byrd was considered a full participant at practice today for the first time this year. Does that mean he will suit up on Thursday night?

the byrd thread has a comment that its marrones call. i suppose, if true, that would mean hes healthy.

im guessing this gets merged though.

In about 4 weeks, the Bills secondary is going to look invincible barring any additional injuries. Even out of the dime, they can match up well in man coverage and do some exotic pressures. This defense will be playing much better overall by the time they play the Jets again. I predict that Thanksgiving 2013 will feel especially sweeter than usual.

In about 4 weeks, the Bills secondary is going to look invincible barring any additional injuries. Even out of the dime, they can match up well in man coverage and do some exotic pressures. This defense will be playing much better overall by the time they play the Jets again. I predict that Thanksgiving 2013 will feel especially sweeter than usual.

I;m with ya can not wait to everyone healthy

Actually, Byrd puts who on the bench....Jim Leonard.....small slow guy who is directing traffic out there because he knows the Defense.......replace with Byrd who has never played a down with this D. Or, do you put A Williams on the bench, who is playing out of his skull right now. Not sure we get an improvement right away.......might be more talented physically if Leonard sits.......but, maybe not as savy. After all, Leonard only has two picks so far, just like Williams. Just sayin......

I think they will end up using him in sub-packages if he plays. The reason it is Marrone's decision is probably because he may be rusty and they are trying to play who will be most effective in the game plan. AW is banged up so this will be helpful if he can't play all the reguar snaps. And if McK isn't back yet, extra helpful as AW will be at corner again.

Actually, Byrd puts who on the bench....Jim Leonard.....small slow guy who is directing traffic out there because he knows the Defense.......replace with Byrd who has never played a down with this D. Or, do you put A Williams on the bench, who is playing out of his skull right now. Not sure we get an improvement right away.......might be more talented physically if Leonard sits.......but, maybe not as savy. After all, Leonard only has two picks so far, just like Williams. Just sayin......

I can't imagine he gets any significant reps, let alone starts in place of Leonhard.

GO BILLS!!!

IF he is healthly, then I would use him on nickel/dime situations. He has got to have rust, even at 100% and as others have pointed out, this is a new scheme If he handles it, then I would make him a starter the next Sunday.

Edited by DCBongo

do we want Byrd back there? is he going to be at full speed? is it going to take him a few quarters to shake the rust off? I feel like with the way Leonhard and Searcy have been playing, Byrd has become expendable. trade him for a 2nd round pick!

do we want Byrd back there? is he going to be at full speed? is it going to take him a few quarters to shake the rust off? I feel like with the way Leonhard and Searcy have been playing, Byrd has become expendable. trade him for a 2nd round pick!

We said this after games 2 and 4 (and game 1 for Searcy), but the others we didn't because Searcy was part of the reason that Rogers got burned on one TD in the Jets game and Leonhard was part of the other. I agree both have overachieved at times and looked very good last week, but we need to remember that at full strength Byrd is difference-making. Whether we respect him or not. I would worry about rust having not played in a real game setting for so long, but after he gets his "feet wet" (see what I did there) we will be glad to have him back. Edited by YoloInTheBlo