Is Marcus Easley this teams version of Steve Tasker?

VirginiaMike

Fans aren't saying that Easley should be given a chance because of his special teams play, they are saying to give him a chance because they think the other guys suck and he can't be all that bad, he looked good when they saw him at times in Training Camp or Pre-Season, plus he stuck for so long on this team while he couldn't see the field due to injuries so there must be something special........

This fan has and is saying just that. Dude is making plays in his limited role and playing balls out. Make a lot of plays in a small role and then its time to consider expanding his role.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Easley thing kind of reminds me of Stevie being lost on the depth chart for his first few years.

I would however miss Hogan, because when ever he does anything good or bad I give it my best Colonel Klink, HOOOGAN, Makes my wife laugh.

some guy are game day guys, some are practice players. hogan does not appear to be a game day guy.....give easley a chance

on the flip side some guys are gamers, suck in practice.

Thinking Easley might be a gamer, he shows up big on SP, let him get a chance at WR, just sayin...

Totally agree-I have been asking this question for weeks. Guy had a great camp, is a stud on special teams, and has the size to be the big, physical receiver that the Bills need. One of the News writers speculated that the coaching staff may be concerned about hurting Graham's feelings if Easley starts playing. Although this seems ridiculous to me, the only other reason that I can think of is that either Marrone or Hackett or both doubt his ability. Years ago the Bills had a receiver with similar size who was a stud on special teams his first year-Eric Moulds.

is give Easely a chance. You should know the melody.

I thought I would throw some "Instant Karma" at this.

You do know that the guy who came up with "Give Peace A Chance" was shot and killed, right? I hope you have better luck.

This fan has and is saying just that. Dude is making plays in his limited role and playing balls out. Make a lot of plays in a small role and then its time to consider expanding his role.

So because he has been excelling at running down the field and tackling the guy catching a punt, he should be given a chance to go out and play WR??

I'm glad you don't have a hand in deciding who gets playing time on the field. no one is saying he should be limited or taken out of his special teams role where he has been great, but that doesn't mean he deserves to play WR, unless he starts showing he can catch the ball and make plays as a WR. The 2 jobs have nothing to do with each other

• 2 weeks later...

So because he has been excelling at running down the field and tackling the guy catching a punt, he should be given a chance to go out and play WR??

I'm glad you don't have a hand in deciding who gets playing time on the field. no one is saying he should be limited or taken out of his special teams role where he has been great, but that doesn't mean he deserves to play WR, unless he starts showing he can catch the ball and make plays as a WR. The 2 jobs have nothing to do with each other

He plays WR. Thats his position. How can he show that he can make plays and catch the ball if he isn't on the field? Meanwhile, theres several WRs on this squad that have already demonstrated that they cannot catch the ball or make plays. Call me crazy, but I'd like to see Marcus get a shot rather than watch Hogan continue to suck. You make it sound as if I said Moats should get time at WR because of his standout special teams play.

He plays WR. Thats his position. How can he show that he can make plays and catch the ball if he isn't on the field? Meanwhile, theres several WRs on this squad that have already demonstrated that they cannot catch the ball or make plays. Call me crazy, but I'd like to see Marcus get a shot rather than watch Hogan continue to suck. You make it sound as if I said Moats should get time at WR because of his standout special teams play.

the best way to show that is to show the coaches in practice and the film room i imagine.

the best way to show that is to show the coaches in practice and the film room i imagine.

It's hard to do this once the season starts. When you start the season at number 6, it's hard to get the kind of reps that catch the coach's eye.

I for one would like to see him get some playing time opps.

It's hard to do this once the season starts. When you start the season at number 6, it's hard to get the kind of reps that catch the coach's eye.

I for one would like to see him get some playing time opps.

so we should give him game reps because there arent enough practice ones to go around?

I imagine you're right, but I'd still rather see Marcus go out and suck for one game rather than watch Hogan go out there and suck some more.

agreed, rational minded me made the last post, doesnt mean the fan in me isnt curious though.

Tasker was fast? I may be forgetting I just don't remember him as fast.

Easley has very good speed prolly 3rd fastest after Goodwin and close to graham...

Easley 4.46 at the combine. http://www.nfl.com/c...asley?id=497286

Goodwin 4.27. http://www.nfl.com/c...dwin?id=2539964

Graham 4.41. http://www.nfl.com/c...aham?id=2532850

Tasker ?? I could only find his wikipedia which lists "fast" as one of his attributes. http://en.wikipedia....ki/Steve_Tasker

Stevie Johnson 4.59. http://en.wikipedia....football) (the stats say "all measurables from NFL Combine)

Robert Woods 4.51. http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/robert-woods?id=2540169

Edited by maddenboy