Is Marcus Easley this teams version of Steve Tasker?

VirginiaMike

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easley is the 6th WR on this team. I still think he could be someone who contributes. He reminds me of Justin Armour. I am thinking in a year or so he will bring something to the table. Something is missing right now, I have to imagine, and I am trusting the coaching staff on this.

Yes, if we install the 6th wide receiver that should solve the tackling problem on defense

No, but it could solve the problems regarding converting 3rd downs. Hogan can't gain any separation from one of the leagues slowest Lbs in Rey Maualuga....that's how slow hogan is.....and his hands aren't good in games as they are in practice. Hogan sucks. Just because he isn't the biggest problem on this team doesn't mean he isn't a problem on this teams. Cut this bum. He's just that, a bum.

No, but it could solve the problems regarding converting 3rd downs. Hogan can't gain any separation from one of the leagues slowest Lbs in Rey Maualuga....that's how slow hogan is.....and his hands aren't good in games as they are in practice. Hogan sucks. Just because he isn't the biggest problem on this team doesn't mean he isn't a problem on this teams. Cut this bum. He's just that, a bum.

Stevie Johnson being healthy solves the problem of converting third downs. Hogan is on the team to be a special teamer. I don't know why people expect more from him.

With due respect to Easley's stalwart special teams play, he must not be beating these guys out in practice. As others have said this coaching staff is clearly willing to give chances. We have to assume they aren't holding him back, he is.

Thank you. The most reasonable answer as to why Easley is not seeing the field as a WR is that he is not doing better than the other guys in practice.

Thank you. The most reasonable answer as to why Easley is not seeing the field as a WR is that he is not doing better than the other guys in practice.

This is one possibility.

The other possibility is we as fans know how good of a WR Easley is based on our observation of his special teams play on 5-10 plays a week, where he runs down the field, takes a great angle and tackles the ball carrier. And the coaches seemingly blind to this obvious reality are relying instead on some other inferrior information like comparative performance analysis of him as a WR over mini camp, training camp, preseason, and 2 months of daily practices. Yes... Silly coaches.

The coaching staff seems willing to make changes in season to any under performers, i.e. Legursky or Moorman as an example, so I'm hopeful they give Easley his shot after seeing Hogan on film. Not sure switching #5 and #6 receivers will make too much of a difference with Stevie and Goodwin coming back, but it'd be nice to see what he can do when the situation calls for it.

the first part makes me believe there is likely something we as fans dont know - that hes making poor reads in practice or the film room or something. like you said, if a change is needed, theyve been making them.

Novel idea might be for the local press to actually ask the coach a direct question about it.

im guessing the questions about starting qb, byrd, gilmore, stevie, etc... all get MANY more clicks than "why havent you swapped your 5th and 6th wrs on the depth chart?"

just the reality of it. eventually, someone may, but its not high on the list of questions they are trying to squeeze in

It's pretty amazing how good he has been on kickoff return coverage. As for WR, it may just be the coaches giving Hogan the first shot before giving way to Easley. Who knows. Sure would be an interesting question for the reporters to ask.

This is one possibility.

The other possibility is we as fans know how good of a WR Easley is based on our observation of his special teams play on 5-10 plays a week, where he runs down the field, takes a great angle and tackles the ball carrier. And the coaches seemingly blind to this obvious reality are relying instead on some other inferrior information like comparative performance analysis of him as a WR over mini camp, training camp, preseason, and 2 months of daily practices. Yes... Silly coaches.

Fans aren't saying that Easley should be given a chance because of his special teams play, they are saying to give him a chance because they think the other guys suck and he can't be all that bad, he looked good when they saw him at times in Training Camp or Pre-Season, plus he stuck for so long on this team while he couldn't see the field due to injuries so there must be something special........

Fans aren't saying that Easley should be given a chance because of his special teams play, they are saying to give him a chance because they think the other guys suck and he can't be all that bad, he looked good when they saw him at times in Training Camp or Pre-Season, plus he stuck for so long on this team while he couldn't see the field due to injuries so there must be something special........

Jeff Tuel looked good in Pre-season...