Colin Brown Sucks

NewEra

If he "won" the job, as you say, doesn't that imply that the backups are, well, worse? Which, I agree, is surreal to consider, at best.

Yeah, the backups on the Bills. Other team's backups perform at a higher level when slotting into their respective OLines though. Sad.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing with Justin Rogers was that he was right with the guy on almost every play- most notably the Santonio Holmes TD- but he didn't figure out that you have to turn around.

Urbik missed one series and played the entire second half. How much of a 'nut' are you really?

CB's not turning around drives me nuts. They teach this in middle school football. It's fundamental. Turn around when the WR arms, or eyes indicate the ball is coming, play the ball, then you can even fall down on the WR and it's not interference. I don't understand why so many NFL CB's have trouble with this. I guess they dominate in college, and forget how to play.

Perfectly said!!! Our defense is crippled that's why they're hurting. Offense is a different story. Putting Hackett aside, which is asking a helluva lot, the o-line desperately needs help at guard. When our CBs get healthy, the defense will turn around. Do you think when Doug Legursky gets healthy he'll solve our problem at left guard? I don't!!!! Wish we could swap Byrd for a guard. We aren't getting a big pick for him.

Well, Legursky won't be a pro-bowler, but he will be better than what is currently there.

I would have Rogers handcuffed to him and sent on a plane to Siberia with Brown.

Only hope is that once healthy "Bronko" Legurski is better.

Love that... "Bronko" Legurski... LOL. And he is better than Brown and he will get on the field as soon as he is healthy. Relax people. As long as yesterdays bumps were not IR type, we will be getting our players back by week 6 and all will be well. They aren't playoff material anyway, Marrone is building a team. I am sure they will draft a guard next year, blah blah.

+1

Too bad we let Andy Levitre walk. Oh yeah, good guards are cheap and easy to find and the position is not that important -- that's right -- silly me.

Not hanging on to Levitre was unfortunate but understandable, not finding a decent guard to play in his stead is inexcusable. If Nixy is right about tackles that don't cut it can still be good guards, there has got to be a bubble tackle out there they could move inside.

The general lack of roster moves to adjust to injuries is puzzling. They have not even used the IR spot that can be designated to return.

At some point they need to deal with Byrd. It's really hard not to be suspicious of a month long now, "day to day" undiagnosable injury in the midst of this contract peeing match.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Perfectly said!!! Our defense is crippled that's why they're hurting. Offense is a different story. Putting Hackett aside, which is asking a helluva lot, the o-line desperately needs help at guard. When our CBs get healthy, the defense will turn around. Do you think when Doug Legursky gets healthy he'll solve our problem at left guard? I don't!!!! Wish we could swap Byrd for a guard. We aren't getting a big pick for him.

Gotta hand it to the front office on Byrd, that was masterfully done. We are just where we wanted to be on that one. We narrowly avoided having a happy, healthy pro bowler in the secondary in his prime. We really dodged a bullet there *whew*.

If he "won" the job, as you say, doesn't that imply that the backups are, well, worse? Which, I agree, is surreal to consider, at best.

Brown is probably the Bills worst starting OL since Jerry Crafts. And that is saying something, because there have been some duds. He simply can't function with any space around him and teams are going to work to isolate him and make him have to cover even more ground. That Wilkerson sack looked almost like a DE/OT matchup with the space to Brown's left. Teams are just going to give up the RDE to separate Brown from the herd. He performed OK as a center because he has great size and could get help. There are plenty of centers around the league that are phone-booth players. A guard actually has to be able to move.

Brown is probably the Bills worst starting OL since Jerry Crafts. And that is saying something, because there have been some duds. He simply can't function with any space around him and teams are going to work to isolate him and make him have to cover even more ground. That Wilkerson sack looked almost like a DE/OT matchup with the space to Brown's left. Teams are just going to give up the RDE to separate Brown from the herd. He performed OK as a center because he has great size and could get help. There are plenty of centers around the league that are phone-booth players. A guard actually has to be able to move.

Separate him from the herd! I love it. Just some great writing there. Spot on.

Not hanging on to Levitre was unfortunate but understandable, not finding a decent guard to play in his stead is inexcusable. If Nixy is right about tackles that don't cut it can still be good guards, there has got to be a bubble tackle out there they could move inside.

The general lack of roster moves to adjust to injuries is puzzling. They have not even used the IR spot that can be designated to return.

At some point they need to deal with Byrd. It's really hard not to be suspicious of a month long now, "day to day" undiagnosable injury in the midst of this contract peeing match.

Yep, have to agree with everything you say.

I also don't understand the posts saying "we're rebuilding anyhow". Makes no sense. It's not like Levitre is an old man yet. He's still got a lot of years in him probably. He's exactly the kind of guy I wouldn't want to let go during a "rebuild".

Edited by ChasBB

spot on - that wilkerson sack was the lasting image i have on him from yesterday and its exactly what happened. DCs will work to create space in that area and any gaps i think we can safely assume will be exploited to the fullest. he just stood no chance when he had to actually make a block instead of just filling the cracks between glenn and wood.

League leader at sucking with a -23.7 grade through 3 games...a mind numbing average of -7.9 per week's, which I don't think I have seen any other player receive a grade that low in a single game ever, lol...

He is well on his way to setting a PFF all-time lowest grade for a season record that may never be broken...

Well, at least Brown is taking sucking to a completely new and never seen before level.

Brown currently has a -23.7 grade through three games, extending his lead of "worst player in the NFL" with each snap, averaging a mind numbing -7.9 grade through 3 games, which I cannot recall ever seeing a player graded that low for even a single game.

At least Brown is taking sucking to a whole new level, on pace for an astounding, might never be broken record of -126.4 grade for the season. This would be the 56 game hitting streak record of football...never seriously challenged again since...

Sad, but at least Bills fans can look fondly back in years to come that we have the all time worst graded player in recent NFL history since they have begun grading players...

Congrats Colin...

I'm big on metrics through observation & not focusing just on stats. Clearly football outsiders & other metrics groups understand how to grade player performance.

Pro Football Focus does good work, although it's all subjective. It's not perfect, but it's the best info you'll find on speciflc player statistics.

I do not support Football Outsiders with their made up stats that they refuse to release to the public. DVOA is a joke.

There's validity in game management stats, like coaches should go for 4th downs far more than they do and the running game should be less used with today's rules, but metrics on player performance just doesn't work with football.

The thing with Justin Rogers was that he was right with the guy on almost every play- most notably the Santonio Holmes TD- but he didn't figure out that you have to turn around.

Hey, if he'd done that then he would've missed out on a spectacular catch and run.