Made me so angry yesterday

gmanbfan

I don't go to games, partly because of the drunks who act like complete idiot, and partly because it's cheaper and easier (and better in my mind) to watch the games on TV in the comfort and safety of my own home. Technology has made it easy to avoid the crowd scene, which is littered with drunken morons who have no idea what is happening in the game. Disgusting behavior that somehow, they are proud of.

This I pretty much agree with.

I find tailgating to be completely overrated.

And this is borderline sacrilegeous. :nana:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in section 118 and saw a Lady Panthers fan get punched in the face trying to defend her boyfriend.

Some real cowards out there.

It happens at some stadiums. Not all.

I've been to many stadiums where NOTHING like this happens.

Be careful Scopes, most on this board have you pegged as a Troll. Watch out: here it comes...

just because you didn't see it happen doesn't mean it doesn't happen. The poster is right. It happens IN ALL STADIUMS!!!

I'm betting if your sitting in the JKClub or VM seats yiu wouldn't see any if it. Doesn't mean the Ralph isn't littered with it.

I've been to many away games myself and can tell you I've seen it everywhere. Except SD. They were very very well behaved there when the Chargers out a whooping on the Bills like 42-7 back in 05 (I think)

I've worn my Bills jersey to games in Atlanta, Jax, and Tampa and not a problem. But Scopes is a Troll, so he has to be wrong. Right?!?!

Jack, my girlfriend and I both reported the same falling down drunk who kept touching her and falling back into me. we notified an usher before the national anthem, we each sent texts to the number and nothing was done. we notified the usher in the 3rd quarter guy was about to puke and his response? " well that sucks". completely unacceptable.

That was a reply to someone else who did not know there is a text number you can report to.

For your situation, call Guest Services, 716-648-1800 (or heck, call and ask for Russ or Doug) and tell them everything you remember, section, row, what the usher said/looked like.

I was in section 118 and saw a Lady Panthers fan get punched in the face trying to defend her boyfriend.

Some real cowards out there.

It happens at some stadiums. Not all.

I've been to many stadiums where NOTHING like this happens.

I live in S. Fla... i go to the Bills game every yr when they play the Dolphins and NEVER had a problem... And i'm LOUD and sometimes a little obnoxious! However, i do always sit right behind Bills sideline and that section is like 60% or even more Bills fans so i feel right at home! Miami fans have no passion for their team!

Walking back to our car after the Bledsoe game (Texas Stadium) a guy rolls up in a big SUV, rolls down his window and cold cocks me as I'm walking past his car.

Sorry to hear that.. Key word is "In" in my statement above. I have seen a few fights outside of the stadium just not actually inside. Many people tailgate at the stadium and never go inside.

That was a reply to someone else who did not know there is a text number you can report to.

For your situation, call Guest Services, 716-648-1800 (or heck, call and ask for Russ or Doug) and tell them everything you remember, section, row, what the usher said/looked like.

Yeah i sent it to my season ticket rep, she's pretty good about getting back to me, just waiting to hear her take on it.

I really want to go to another Bills game... the tailgating was a lot of fun. In the parking lot everything was incredibly light hearted. But inside the stadium, man... things turn dark. My experience was very similar to the OP's with the game I went to. People getting in fights, well behaved opposing team's fans get harassed (and not just in the good natured ribbing sort of way). It's a bit disappointing. I haven't had any issue being a Bills fan at other stadiums, though I assume the !@#$ behavior exists elsewhere too. I was contemplating coming up for the Bengals game, but I'm not sure if I'll have the money.

I saw a couple fights happen far from me but the section I was at (136, row 18) no ruckus at all...

Actually the only thing that pissed me off was this drunk Bills fan who kept yelling GIVE IT TO JACKSONNNN, GIVE IT TO JACKSONNNN (even when we were punting) cuz he freakin had Jackson starting on his fantasy football team... Just another reason why I hate and will never play fantasy football... It takes your ultimate focus out of the game which is to win. You start having favorites. If you have Jackson and not Spiller and Spiller breaks a 80 yarder, you're happy, but wish it was Jackson instead... Not for me sorry...

A few years back in JAX, a lovely lady got thrown outta the game because she lifted her top. I guess they have cameras along w/their tarp covered seats???? You'd think they would want as many JAX fans to stay so it doesn't look so bad on TV? Especially for such a petty offense? Anyway, it was my brother that egged her on while we were standing on the endzone beer deck watching the game. He felt so bad when she got tossed, he offered himself up to security to toss him in lieu of the young lady getting tossed outta the game... LoL... Chivalry isn't dead...Security said no-go. Anyway, he left too and scored a date... What a crazy creep! Pooj... You paying attention? Play #56 on how to score an opposing team's chick fan in an opposing team's stadium. DISCLAIMER: May only work once every 50 tries or as often as a team runs a successful "Statue of Liberty" play... Which is usually against the Bills. ;-)

Things do get ticky tacky and we are living in a more snitch/tell/text/call security camera state. I guess they don't like topless chicks in the Bible Belt?

Its sad because it almost seems like a complete transformation has been completed these days. I remember in the early 2000's things were starting to change and more and more younger kids were coming to the games just to get drunk and act like idiots but now it almost seems like the majority of the crowd is that demographic. It pisses me off because it gives a bad name to the guys that know how to party and get rowdy while still being a respectable human being and are there for the FOOTBALL GAME.

Sounds about right, they are the younger crowd thats there not to watch a football game, but to tailgate and drink, then drink some more. It seems the older crowd may have drank alot too before and during games, but they actually paid attention to the game and weren't there just to drink

I had seasons for 5 years 2005-09. Some of my memories: Some guy playing catch with his 5 year old throwing fast ones to the kid from 100' away using my van as a back-stop. We went at it a couple times because he wouldn't stop.

Visiting Pats fans, about a dozen, 11 of which were fine but one guy just screaming heckles to Bills fans. Of course he was brave with his buds around.

A kid in a Marino jersey just getting pelted with beers and he did nothing

A kid passing out behind me and falling on me and another guy. And this was just after opening kick-off

Lastly, and these guys were really OK, season ticket holders, 6 from Toronto, always cheering "GO LEAFS GO"

I've heard FedEx field is pretty bad.

I've been there, for a Bills game, with Bills gear on. Didn't have a problem. Sure, we talked smack...but most of the time, me and the people around me (only Bills fan in a sea of Redskins fans) talked football. Even at the end, when I was laughing my ass off at Gibbs ending the game by calling consecutive times-out, the guys around me couldn't help but admit I had every right to laugh, because what the !@#$ was that?

On the other hand, at Caps games...been to several dozen games, all in the same seats (third row up, behind the away goal). Sometimes it's a good crowd. Sometimes I get abused. Twice I've had an idiot buy full cups of beer and throw them at me (same idiot both times - he not only lost his season tickets, he's banned from Caps games). There's !@#$s everywhere...it's a crap shoot whether or not you have to deal with them, though.

I will be in Tampa later this year with 3 other Bills fans in full gear.

I've seen plenty of harassment at the Ralph beyond the "all-in-good-fun" variety so I'll report back how it compares to the way we are treated while down there.

I've been to Giants and 49ers away games in Bills gear, took some ribbing but nothing near as bad as I've seen before or what people have mentioned in this thread.

Guess it is like winning the sh!tball lottery if you get stuck near one of these over the top jack-offs.

I will be in Tampa later this year with 3 other Bills fans in full gear.

Being there is really no history between Buffalo and Tampa, that is probably OK. It's great to wear your colors proudly, but when you go to an away game and do that, consider you really are making yourself a target. Sure people say no one can tell me what to wear and not to wear, but you take your chances that way

I guess I just handle myself differently at sporting events. I don't ever get harassed at opposing teams' stadia despite proudly wearing either my Bills or Sabres gear, and of the 50+ Bills games I've attended in Orchard Park I can't ever recall being in the midst of a fight with other fans. I cheer for my team but I don't shout obscenities and I don't taunt the opposing fans. I smile, say hello and "good luck" to other fans around me when I get to my seats, make a little joke about how bad my team is, and then never seem to have a problem. I cheer for good plays, and sit down when the other team scores or has a big play.

I'm also a generally friendly drunk, which is helpful.

It really just comes down to acting like a human being and respecting others.

In my lower bowl season tickets, and a nice gentlman sitting there with his buddy, bothering no one, wearing a panthers jersey, just enjoying the game.

5 losers in their early twenties, blitzed out of their mind, just harrassing him relentlessly, sitting just behind him. CLASSLESS. If we have oppossing fans being obnoxious, then they get what they deserve. But seeing this was infuriating.

They all ended up being kicked out of the stadium for getting in a fight WITH OTHER BILLS FANS!!!

I go to a Bills away game every year, and have never been treated like that in an oppossing stadium.

Unfortunately there are classless fans all over the league & yes even the Bills have them .

There is probably one thing they all have in common ALCOHOL !!

They should start handing out doobies at the gate that would mellow out the crowd !!

"WOW dude did you see that play that was bitchin"

Plus it would send the sales of munchies through the roof HEY a win win !!!

The second that happens I go tell the police/security to watch closely and let them know people are intoxicated. They either stop immediately or get kicked out quickly.

Unfortunately there are classless fans all over the league & yes even the Bills have them .

There is probably one thing they all have in common ALCOHOL !!

They should start handing out doobies at the gate that would mellow out the crowd !!

"WOW dude did you see that play that was bitchin"

Plus it would send the sales of munchies through the roof HEY a win win !!!

Quietest stadium in the world, only coughs and laughs heard throughout.