The Affordable Care Act is Coming Home to Roost

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does he use or need medical treatment often? Is he single w/o dependents?

I don't want to put any more information here on the individual but I think that after he looks at all the numbers he has now, he's going to conclude that the subsidized plan DOES NOT save him any money when he considers all of his expected expenses and it will leave him more exposed to a large expense if there is a serious illness or injury.

The Patients' Choice Act, introduced on May 20, 2009, in the House by Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., and in the Senate by Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla. They claim the bill would:

– emphasize prevention

– create a health care market through state-based exchanges

– make affordable premiums

– provide penalties for insurance companies that don’t accept patients with pre-existing conditions

Sounds a lot like Obamacare!

No, you again demonstrate your lack of basic knowledge.

I would also like to add that you are also consistently misunderstanding my posts and thats why I choose to ignore you 99% of the time.

Once in a while I will respond with derision to one of your more egregious posts, but I will never engage in one of the back and forth beatdowns that many here on the board seem to enjoy giving you.

lol...........every time that they ask you "why do you think that?" or "provide proof" to this, I laugh because its the very definition of a "fools errand"

So, to put it simply (for you) I will not be responding to you routinely for two reasons ;

because (as your posts demonstrate) you do not appear to have the intelligence to discuss anything with me,

or

if you are just another troll (as some surmise) your posts demonstrate that you do not have the wit or originality to discuss anything with me.

Ummm....if the GOP proposal is so different you could easily tell us how, right?

You claimed they are the essentially the same, with very few differences, which is a possitive assertion.

I've made no assertions what so ever, bowing to what is clearly your superior knowledge and understanding, simply asking you to back this assertion by demonstrating the similarities and differences, which you obviously must have readily available, as you made the claim; such that I can follow suit, echoing your own argument.

You wouldn't have made such a claim without actually knowing what the similarities and differences are, would you?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Ummm....if the GOP proposal is so different you could easily tell us how, right?

You could be respected around here if you could ever offer any decent support to any statement or argument that you make. Facts or drawing from your own expertise or experience would be a really good start. Giving you the benefit of substantial doubt here.

Edited by keepthefaith

I can't believe you guys now support all this stuff from Paul Ryan's plan!

Integrating low‐income families with dependent children into higher‐quality private plans through direct

assistance

• Removing the stigma of Medicaid and providing access to the same coverage options available to all Americans

• Realigning responsibility between federal and state governments in order to better coordinate benefits by

requiring the Medicare program to assume Medicaid responsibility of premiums, cost‐sharing, and deductibles

for low‐income seniors

• Rebalancing long‐term care services to ensure choice between institutionalized and home‐based care

• Empowering Medicare beneficiaries with more choices and more power by reforming Medicare Advantage

• Requiring wealthy Medicare beneficiaries to contribute a little more for their care under Medicare Part D

And that last one, taxing the wealthy more! :worthy:

I'm wondering where you read that anyone supported Paul Ryan's plan?

I've simply asked you to explain the similarities and differences in the legislation, line by line.

Frankly Medicare rates for all working Americans (not employers) should rise. The amount people pay into the system should be more similar to what it actually costs to care for old people. The best way for people to be more in tune with what any government program costs is to make sure that those that benefit are footing the bill.

the plans, whether it be the ACA, the AEI's Best of Both Worlds and Ryan's Pateints Choice Act are essentially built on the same platforms.. small differences in verbage, but they are essentially all the same plan. Guaranteed Insurance Coverage bought on State Exhanges from Private Insurance Companies.

If the AEI bill was law, I'd be happy. If the PCA was passed into law, I'd be happy. The ACA is in place, I'm happy. If we had a single payor in place, I's be more happy.

But a dog and pony show extravaganza about how "different" they are, I will not be watching.

Frankly Medicare rates for all working Americans (not employers) should rise. The amount people pay into the system should be more similar to what it actually costs to care for old people. The best way for people to be more in tune with what any government program costs is to make sure that those that benefit are footing the bill.

is the same principle as Americans how getting $1.00 of Governemnt for $.60. When you are not writing the check, paying the bill, it doesn't seem all that expensive.

What were going to see here in America is citizens getting a good look at the true cost of our HC system. Its expensive, it usually has the best drugs and machines, and the best MD's. Its expensive, we are going to see it, and if Americans want care, they will have to budget more of their money to get it.

It might be what finally does us in, sadly.

I'm wondering where you read that anyone supported Paul Ryan's plan?

I've simply asked you to explain the similarities and differences in the legislation, line by line.

Exactly! Republicans like you don't want to do anything. But the B poster said the GOP had ideas and Ryan's is one

And please tell me you are not stupid enough to consider going through giant plans line by line is something anyone would actually do here? Wait, no, I believe you are that stupid

the plans, whether it be the ACA, the AEI's Best of Both Worlds and Ryan's Pateints Choice Act are essentially built on the same platforms.. small differences in verbage, but they are essentially all the same plan. Guaranteed Insurance Coverage bought on State Exhanges from Private Insurance Companies.

If the AEI bill was law, I'd be happy. If the PCA was passed into law, I'd be happy. The ACA is in place, I'm happy. If we had a single payor in place, I's be more happy.

But a dog and pony show extravaganza about how "different" they are, I will not be watching.

Exactly, which makes this all political. All these Conservative trolls just hate the plan because Obama did it. Don't see any of them complaining about Bush's Prescription Drug plan

All these Conservative trolls just hate the plan because Obama did it.

Wrong. We're actually glad it was Obama who did it. When the next 50M people lose their employee-provided health insurance, it's going to get ugly -- and that's saying something now that millennials hate him -- and everyone will remember it was Obama care that caused it, and progressive dolts like Obama will be relegated to the comments section of a DailyKos blog long before they're allowed to touch policy again.

Exactly! Republicans like you don't want to do anything. But the B poster said the GOP had ideas and Ryan's is one

And please tell me you are not stupid enough to consider going through giant plans line by line is something anyone would actually do here? Wait, no, I believe you are that stupid

Exactly, which makes this all political. All these Conservative trolls just hate the plan because Obama did it. Don't see any of them complaining about Bush's Prescription Drug plan

everybody like their horse to win, I guess. But they all essentially get us to the same place. If Romney repealed and signed the PCA into law right now, Democrats and ACA supporters would be tearing down the interwebs in outrage... it would actually have been fun to watch... I am getting tired of dicussing the healthcvare reform issue, the only thing that is going to work in the US in the most expensive, most convoluted boondoggle of a healthsystem that likely will not meet measruables of other first world countries.... I get to see it everyday, most people are so !@#$ing confused about how providers and hospitals work, what is actually in their insurance plans and what is covered and what is not.. and don't get me started on when they get their bills that doesn't even have a description of service on it.... I have little faith care and deliver will get that much better no matter what we pass... I guess call me pessimitic

** Out of curiosity, and be honest, did you hate Medicare Part D when Georgie passed it? I know my Democrat friends were... now it works, helps seniors and I don't think has been over budget (Although it was passed unfunded)

Edited by B-Large

** Out of curiosity, and be honest, did you hate Medicare Part D when Georgie passed it? I know my Democrat friends were... now it works, helps seniors and I don't think has been over budget (Although it was passed unfunded)

The part I criticized was how Bush lied about the cost to his own Republicans in congress by about a third of the actual cost. I was in no way against Seniors getting the drugs they needed. Yes, the unfunded part was a point I criticized, too and that all rolled into the unfunded war aspect.

The part I criticized was how Bush lied about the cost to his own Republicans in congress by about a third of the actual cost. I was in no way against Seniors getting the drugs they needed. Yes, the unfunded part was a point I criticized, too and that all rolled into the unfunded war aspect.

So Bush lied about the cost of Part D, but Obama simply wasn't clear enough when he said "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. Period."?

Got it.

Of course not. We elect people to Congress to do that for us.

Remember the laughable Obamacare/Youth Video "contest" that we found so hard to believe earlier this year ?

We have a WINNER !

The White House announced a parody of the pop song “Price Tag” as the winner of its Health Young America video competition to convince young people to enroll in health plans through Obamacare’s exchange.

Erin McDonald won for a video called “Forget About the Price Tag,” in which she emphasizes the importance of health care and encourages young people to not be intimidated by potentially high costs.

“Don’t need a lot of money, to stay young and healthy,” she sings in the chorus; “We gotta invest to be the healthiest, you can’t put a price on life,” she adds.

Remember the laughable Obamacare/Youth Video "contest" that we found so hard to believe earlier this year ?

We have a WINNER !

The White House announced a parody of the pop song “Price Tag” as the winner of its Health Young America video competition to convince young people to enroll in health plans through Obamacare’s exchange.

Erin McDonald won for a video called “Forget About the Price Tag,” in which she emphasizes the importance of health care and encourages young people to not be intimidated by potentially high costs.

“Don’t need a lot of money, to stay young and healthy,” she sings in the chorus; “We gotta invest to be the healthiest, you can’t put a price on life,” she adds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ebFKQqhBS4

My tax dollars at work? Seriously?

So Bush lied about the cost of Part D, but Obama simply wasn't clear enough when he said "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. Period."?

Got it.

Yup, politicians lie, that's why I got over it. Maybe you should take the lesson there.

You couldn’t make this stuff up. As the pernicious Obamacare sinkhole continues to expand, taking more and more Americans down with it,

the White House had the nerve to tweet this this afternoon:

027d48a311c2e770e6774a2649c05b4f_normal.jpegThe White House@WhiteHouse 6h

Obama: "Christmas is no time for Congress to tell more than 1 million of these Americans that they’ll lose this insurance." #ABetterBargain

Expand

I suppose when you've reached peak spin, this sort of tone-deaf mendacity comes naturally.

Yup, politicians lie, that's why I got over it. Maybe you should take the lesson there.

Upwards of 50M people are about to lose their health care insurance because Obama lied. You can count the number of people who trust him on the hand of a bad woodshop teacher. Guys like me are the least of your ideological worries. In the next twelve months, Obama and progressives in general are about to take it like Ned Beatty on a canoe trip in banjo territory.

Da-da-ding-ding-ding-ding Ding-ding-ding!

Da-da-ding-ding-ding

Da-da-ding-ding-ding

Da-dingdadadaladadadaladaldaldadaladala...

Weeeeeeeehhhh! Weeeeeeeeehhhhh! Weeeeeeeeehhhhh!

Joe, do something stupid to make people think about something else. My azz is sore!

I'll skip the absurdity of your story line, and skip right to the funniest part.

"Republicans like me"???

Source for me, please, the post where I've claimed to be Republican.

Conversely, even the most minimal amount of search-fu would lead you to results of me stating the opposite, and harsh criticisms of every Republican President of the last 150 years.

It must be quite odd living in a binary world. Please, if you would, tell me what your favorite color is; orange or brown

And, after that to get back on topic, please outline the major similarities and differences that you've based you assertions on.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Hey Tom, you remember that obnoxious video you hated with the girl singing about it being Friday and time to hang with her friends?

Remember how much you hated that video?

Well, you may just hate this more. The $2000 winner of the HHS contest to encourage young people to buy Obamacare. You're gonna want something to puke in near your desk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpRNAkG-Nx0&feature=share&list=PL07DZg-rgKPbiycdGRbQiMRfNJdd-w5vq&index=3

Well, you may just hate this more. The $2000 winner of the HHS contest to encourage young people to buy Obamacare. You're gonna want something to puke in near your desk.

if they think that video will encourage young people to buy anything at all, then it just shows that HHS knows as much about what young people like as they know about what we all supposedly need. besides, you need soul-stirring, inspirational music for effective propaganda to work, not insipid lameness like that.

I did throw up, though.

No. It is you, crazy nobody dude vs. against Krugman. You are the one that needs to STFU... You are a nobody. A loser.

:lol:

So, you still haven't showed how this is black box thinking, and it's been a week. :lol: Didn't think you had it in you. Clearly you don't. Let me try to help you out some more: does fire exist in wood? I mean, all you have to do is rub sticks together(input), and, if you rub hard enough, you break the barrier in the wood that contains the fire(black box)...and the fire gets let out(output), right?

That's also black box thinking. Observing the inputs and outputs to a system can help us, but only a fool pretends that they define the system.

You trying to attack me personally, and failing hilariously, is no substitute for proving that this isn't classic black box thinking.

All this proves? You're lucky you come to PPP. :lol: See, left to your own...devices...you don't know "black box" when you see it . Without PPP, you were doomed to miss the craptastic tactics Krugman uses here, or someone on the right might use in the future, for the rest of your life.

Luckily for you, as a fellow Bills fan, I refuse to let you continue through life like that...without correction. I am brimming with compassion. If I really hated you, I'd let you go on all stupid, so that the next guy could really light you up.

Funny how with anything, people feel they are being thrown off the cliff and that things are broken. Such is life and such is life especially w/change. People hate change. Especially, if that change is worse off for some.

Yet, we ALL keep looking for the perfect solution.

Except some of us get paid to deliver solutions. Sometimes they are perfect, sometimes they are intentionally mediocre, because we know things are changing soon. It all depends on the situation.

You want perfect, you go to the people that do that, and F'ing pay them.

But, even that's not the real story here: again, those of use who get paid to do this, understand that it doesn't matter how good we are, if the client is F'ing around with the requirements, or, gives us a jacked up set of requirements and expects us to create a not-jacked-up design from them.

Sorry sir.

I have been a Registered Nurse from 1979

I have more experience with grieving families and the care delivery problems than most of the posters on the board.............combined.

Change was needed.

Pointing out that this "affordable" plan is garbage and will make matters worse is not your short-sighted "fear of change"

It is experience.

it is knowledge.

it is common sense.............................

RNs are the only way what I do has any chance of working. #2 on that list is CNAs, housekeepers, techs, etc.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I'll skip the absurdity of your story line, and skip right to the funniest part.

"Republicans like me"???

Source for me, please, the post where I've claimed to be Republican.

Conversely, even the most minimal amount of search-fu would lead you to results of me stating the opposite, and harsh criticisms of every Republican President of the last 150 years.

It must be quite odd living in a binary world. Please, if you would, tell me what your favorite color is; orange or brown

And, after that to get back on topic, please outline the major similarities and differences that you've based you assertions on.

Ok, anti-Obamacare fanatics like you. Better?