The Affordable Care Act is Coming Home to Roost

Have you ever known a woman to admit that she was wrong and then choose an appropriate course of action? I've only known them to realize that they're completely wrong, get pissed off at me because they are wrong, become even more entrenched because it was wrong of me to prove them wrong, and then carry on down the same doomed path just to spite me.

I hearby nominate you for the "Completely Understands Women Award". Bravo!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever known a woman to admit that she was wrong and then choose an appropriate course of action? I've only known them to realize that they're completely wrong, get pissed off at me because they are wrong, become even more entrenched because it was wrong of me to prove them wrong, and then carry on down the same doomed path just to spite me.

Ok, I can't deny that at all. The very worst thing you can do is prove a woman wrong in public, especially at work.

Which...is why, if you are Republican, best leave well enough alone, and don't be the guy who calls them out for being wrong. Tiptoes. Instead, let them do what I said above, which is never forget who did what to whom, and for how much $, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years from now. :lol: Let them direct their anger at the Ds all by themselves.

I would suggest the the Rs act as women's gay friend, and just sit there and listen, and drink wine with them all night, but, we are talking Rs here, so I don't know if they could pull that off.

Uh...because people relate more to identity politics than they do their own needs? Because we have almost two generations now that have grown up believing that the government is the source of their rights, and they don't have to be responsible for them? Because people are idiots?

I want to know what world you're living in where everyone you know thinks rationally. It sure as !@#$ isn't this one...if it were, we wouldn't be Bills fans.

What about the money in their wallets, or lack thereof? Can they relate to that?

I get your point, and that's why I think the IRS/Lybia stuff is one thing, but Obamacare is quite another.

All I'm saying is they have to think rationally for 5 minutes: the time it takes to realize they are paying more to be insured for stuff they don't need. Then after that 5 minutes, it's back to The Voice, or Family Feud or whatever.

I am a Bills fan out of spite more than anything nowadays. It used to be about simple enjoyment of the game. Now? ESPN et al/the failing "culture of centralization" has made it a personal thing with me. One of the best ways to decentralize? Be a Bills fan, and not a "name we can't say" fan.

We just had a meeting with our company's CEO with regard to the changes to our insurance plan for our employees for next year. All I have to say about this is good job Obama and all the Dems that voted for this ****. :thumbsup:

Our insurance broker said our increase is light compared so some. He's see company health insurance costs go up by as much as 87%. Yeah, this is going to be great for the country.

I'm from the Progressive truth squad: Your stroy is anecdotal, and therefore, I have now debunked it.

Yes, it isn't true. What you saw/heard didn't happen. You might as well forget the whole thing, because it's not reality.

Dudes, I haven't had time, but my ad goes something like this(imagine some used-up road whore in the picture):

"Suzy's been a stripper for 15 years, doing coke, partying hard and smoking...everything. Man what a fun time it's been. She's lived her life wild and free, and damn it was right for her.

Now she's got diabetes, hepatitus C, no useful life or job skills whatsoever, and dude, she really needs health care! When she gets off work it's straight to the meth pipe, so she'll probably have even more health problems soon! Hey the party never ends, for the free!

That's right, man, you're a partying kind of guy, right? Well, here's your chance to party hard and rock some Obamacare. Hey, don't be sad, keep the party going, sign up Healthcare.gov, and when you do, think of the good feeling you'll have. You'll know that if Suzy here gets knocked up for the 3rd time by a different guy, because she can't afford the rock, and has to pay the hard way, her new problems, AIDS, and kid with AIDS, will be covered, and it's all thanks to you!

And that's cool, right?

Thanks Obamacare!"

No I saw them elsewhere and they were supposedly created by some Colorado non-profits.

No. They're satire. I just spent half an hour digging through server registrations, and beyond somebody putting the "Thanks Obamacare" on the site, there's absolutely no connection between the two - different people, different hosts, different registrars. Even if they're really by the CCHI, they're satire (which is possible, as far as I can tell the CCHI isn't for the ACA - neutral, at best), and have nothing whatsoever to do with the actual Colorado health care site.

Click on my link in post #609.

Yeah, a picture's worth a thousand words if you're gullible as ****.

No. They're satire. I just spent half an hour digging through server registrations, and beyond somebody putting the "Thanks Obamacare" on the site, there's absolutely no connection between the two - different people, different hosts, different registrars. Even if they're really by the CCHI, they're satire (which is possible, as far as I can tell the CCHI isn't for the ACA - neutral, at best), and have nothing whatsoever to do with the actual Colorado health care site.

I don't know.

http://www.businessinsider.com/brosurance-obamacare-ad-campaign-insurance-colorado-2013-11

"It's been fun to watch how it all plays out," Adam Fox, the director of strategic engagement for the Colorado Consumer Health Initiative. "We've seen both positive and negative reactions, but if people are seeing the ads and purchasing health insurance, that's a good thing."

Yeah, a picture's worth a thousand words if you're gullible as ****.

Check again. Also see Chef's link above.

Edit: I see you did.

Edited by 3rdnlng

Then they went WAY the hell out of their way disassociate it with the rest of their sites. It's almost like they set it up as a deniable shell company.

Weird.

Do you really think any of this is weird at this point? The WH has gone the route of hiring spammers to hit the comments sections of online articles. They are lying on lies so much that Anthony Wiener now has more credibility than the WH.

Obamacare dies a horrible death without the youth signups. At this point, promoting carefree sex as a side bennie of Obamacare is no far stretch at all for this group.

At this point, promoting carefree sex as a side bennie of Obamacare is no far stretch at all for this group.

Obama has proven time and again that he will say anything, no matter the consequences or how obvious of a lie, to further his image/legacy.