Let's give Stevie Johnson some negative attention

davspo

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was such a bad throw, it hit Stevie in the hands.

It was a horrible throw...but when it hits you in the hands, you should've caught it. Period. They both blew the play.

It was still better to watch then last year's stereotypical "Johnson cuts out, Fitzpatrick throws in, both look at each other with a 'Seriously, what the !@#$?' look on their faces."

It's nice to have a veteran presence like good old Stevie Johnson, who drops yet another critical ball in a clutch situation. Hey Stevie, instead of running your mouth, how about helping your rookie QB, and your team, by catching a routine, 4 yard pass.

Nice thread. Maybe we can rehash this 2-40 more times.

Maybe go start a Chandler thread, since he's a vet and had a coslty drop and a penalty?

Edited by Wayne Cubed

It was a horrible throw...but when it hits you in the hands, you should've caught it. Period. They both blew the play.

It was still better to watch then last year's stereotypical "Johnson cuts out, Fitzpatrick throws in, both look at each other with a 'Seriously, what the !@#$?' look on their faces."

Dude the ball hit him in both hands. The ball Jackson caught was off way more.... No excuse for not making that catch.

This ass is easily my least favorite Bill of all time. How does he choke in the clutch every time?!?!

Dude, honestly what is your issue and why is this a crusade that seems to hit you so personally?

The reason you don't see other threads about dropped passes is because they don't run their mouths saying they are unstoppable. SJ has a history of running his mouth and dropping passes that he should catch. That in and of itself is enough to draw the ire of fans & the media...

Very well said.

This thread is classic. Unfettered love for Stevie is amazing. The guy has literally cost us wins on multiple occasions. The guy that is the #1 WR...I don't recall him every really catching a ball that he shouldn't have had. Nothing spectacular out of him, only grabbing the ones that he should. Yet, there is a ferocious defending of him every time he blows a game...which is indicative of an issue in and of itself.

The guy is a decent player, and he is a #1 on a 6 win football team. That is it. A team that wins 10 games? Not so much.

We see the consequences of letting Levitre walk. If SJ left town, he would be missing the big drop at the end of the game.

Please. It was a drop on a poorly thrown ball. It happens.

actually it was not a poorly thrown ball, if you watch the replay, stevie held up his route to turn and look for the ball (probably old habit getting balls from Fitz that were almost never properly timed). EJ threw the ball while he was running in stride. Had he not held up his route it would have hit him right on point and would not have looked like it was slightly over thrown. Even still, that is a ball that a #1 wide receiver on a NFL team should make. I have nothing against Stevie, in fact I am a big fan of his and what he does for the team, but that one was on him.

Dude the ball hit him in both hands. The ball Jackson caught was off way more.... No excuse for not making that catch.

"It was a horrible throw...but when it hits you in the hands, you should've caught it. Period." Where did I make an excuse?

Idiot.

"It was a horrible throw...but when it hits you in the hands, you should've caught it. Period." Where did I make an excuse?

Idiot.

If it's a horrible throw.....It doesn't hit you in the hands, it hits your feet (remember JP LOSSman).

Let's Hope Woods pans out. The Bills really need a clutch #1 receiver. One that backups trash talk (although Woods doesn't seem like a Look at me type player), with actual play on the field. SJ13 is not clutch he proved it once again on the field today. when a big catch was needed he dropped it. Those darn passes that hit you in the hands are tough. Maybe Fred can teach him how to hold on? But, let's celebrate his TD in double coverage. And focus on his positive play. he did make 3 catches today.

this is on you buddy- let's hear from all your supporters- you had a first down with room to run to fg position- umm that's why we are so serious. Let's hear from all your lovers.

Like it or not, even if you don't consider him a #1, he is our #1 until someone else proves otherwise.

This thread is classic. Unfettered love for Stevie is amazing. The guy has literally cost us wins on multiple occasions. The guy that is the #1 WR...I don't recall him every really catching a ball that he shouldn't have had. Nothing spectacular out of him, only grabbing the ones that he should. Yet, there is a ferocious defending of him every time he blows a game...which is indicative of an issue in and of itself.

The guy is a decent player, and he is a #1 on a 6 win football team. That is it. A team that wins 10 games? Not so much.

We see the consequences of letting Levitre walk. If SJ left town, he would be missing the big drop at the end of the game.

The Pats' receivers dropped MANY balls.

SJ is an asset. There are many reasons why the Bills lost. If you want to throw spears at him, so be it.

I don't want to throw ANYTHING at him late in the game. The problem is that he is the clear #1 option for that team and he simply has performed worse under pressure. They really can't afford to give away talent......but they need more reliable targets in the clutch. It is a quandary.