Let's give Stevie Johnson some negative attention

davspo

Funny you should ask. I recall Fred Jackson laying out for a throw that was really at his ankles, instead of just in front of him, and gaining 20 yards. It was called back.

Any other questions?

Yes, other players didn't have the best game. But the best players should have the best game, no? I also recall Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola catching balls high and low, and they were in fact difficult to cover, but they didn't have much to say prior to the game.

And BTW, you still haven't said anything about how the rest of the WR core did.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so what are your thought on a veteran Chandler, hit in the hands, with a ball?

Why do you beat this drum?

Everybody has pretty much said what they feel about Chandler. He should have caught it, and he's a tough, most-likely-replacement level player who is our #1 TE by default. He doesn't get paid like a star, he doesn't run his mouth, it would be great if he were better, but it is a Buffalo Bills team problem that he is our best TE, not his own.

Stevie gets paid like a (lower-tier) #1, talks a lot, produces very well, but also has some big brain farts and lapses in concentration. He is a very good player who has placed a target on his own back.

It wasn't anywhere near his ankles. He had both hands on the ball and simply failed to secure it. Face it, he's supposed to be the veteran and the star and he had a huge drop that changed the game.

I don't get fans sometimes either.

Jackson, Chandler... both had hands on the ball. Jackson's got called back by a penalty. Chandler, didn't catch the ball. So, obviously this entire game should be blamed on Johnson. Makes sense.

Why do you beat this drum?

Everybody has pretty much said what they feel about Chandler. He should have caught it, and he's a tough, most-likely-replacement level player who is our #1 TE by default. He doesn't get paid like a star, he doesn't run his mouth, it would be great if he were better, but it is a Buffalo Bills team problem that he is our best TE, not his own.

Stevie gets paid like a (lower-tier) #1, talks a lot, produces very well, but also has some big brain farts and lapses in concentration. He is a very good player who has placed a target on his own back.

I beat this drum, because fans, maybe like yourself, love to run a player out of town based on a couple plays. But refuse to acknowledge other players in the game. It's easy to pin the tail on the donkey, no?

EDIT: And the run your mouth quote is hilarious, at best. A player was asked his opinion, he simplely stated he didn't think anyone could cover him, which they didn't. But some poster/fans don't miss an opportunity to complain.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Ok, so what are your thought on a veteran Chandler, hit in the hands, with a ball?

He did a terrible job on that pass in the 1Q, made a nice play on the one in the 2Q. But what does that matter? Are you trying to argue that no matter how many times SJ screws up, he's immune from criticism because they don't have any other reliable receivers?

And BTW, you still haven't said anything about how the rest of the WR core did.

Dude, honestly what is your issue and why is this a crusade that seems to hit you so personally?

The reason you don't see other threads about dropped passes is because they don't run their mouths saying they are unstoppable. SJ has a history of running his mouth and dropping passes that he should catch. That in and of itself is enough to draw the ire of fans & the media...

I beat this drum, because fans, maybe like yourself, love to run a player out of town based on a couple plays. But refuse to acknowledge other players in the game. It's easy to pin the tail on the donkey, no?

Dude, I am not sure why you are trying to start something with me here, but you clearly have not read many of my past posts.

Today alone, I've singled out:

- Marrone and Hackett for not feeding Jackson in the 4th quarter and managing the clock poorly

- Chandler for negating anything good he did with a couple of penalties and the drop

- McKelvin for lapsing on concentration on the punt return opportunity that ended back at the 7

And I'm generally a fan and champion of Stevie, whom in this very thread I have called a good player that the Bills need to depend upon. But if you think it was a good idea to come out and talk sh-- before NE and then have a game like this, I don't know how to help you.

EDIT: And the run your mouth quote is hilarious, at best. A player was asked his opinion, he simplely stated he didn't think anyone could cover him, which they didn't. But some poster/fans don't miss an opportunity to complain.

I don't think anyone wants to run him out of town; we all like him but want him to get his head in the game. He can be an excellent WR if he doesn't have brain farts...Like not working out in the off season, no one can over me, etc. If you are going to talk a game, back it up and make the clutch plays...

I don't think anyone wants to run him out of town; we all like him but want him to get his head in the game. He can be an excellent WR if he doesn't have brain farts...Like not working out in the off season, no one can over me, etc. If you are going to talk a game, back it up and make the clutch plays...

Ok, fine, but why start an entire thread about him? And again, BTW, no one did cover him.. His statement wasn't untrue. If he said "I'll never drop a pass" then I'd say, hell ya start a thread. I just don't get the continual bashing of Bills players.

Dude, I am not sure why you are trying to start something with me here, but you clearly have not read many of my past posts.

Today alone, I've singled out:

- Marrone and Hackett for not feeding Jackson in the 4th quarter and managing the clock poorly

- Chandler for negating anything good he did with a couple of penalties and the drop

- McKelvin for lapsing on concentration on the punt return opportunity that ended back at the 7

And I'm generally a fan and champion of Stevie, whom in this very thread I have called a good player that the Bills need to depend upon. But if you think it was a good idea to come out and talk sh-- before NE and then have a game like this, I don't know how to help you.

Talk **** how? The guy was asked an opinion of the NE secondary, I think most fans need to go back and listen to the interview. There was no talking of ****.

Ok, fine, but why start an entire thread about him? And again, BTW, no one did cover him.. His statement wasn't untrue. If he said "I'll never drop a pass" then I'd say, hell ya start a thread. I just don't get the continual bashing of Bills players.

Talk **** how? The guy was asked an opinion of the NE secondary, I think most fans need to go back and listen to the interview. There was no talking of ****.

If no one had covered him all game, my guess is he would have received more than 6 targets.

If no one had covered him all game, my guess is he would have received more than 6 targets.

Or, there was a rookie QB throwing the ball... Again, he was asked an opinion of the NE* secondary. Would you rather him say, "Yup, they are awesome, I won't get open or catch a pass."

EDIT: I'm not trying to crusade, at all. I just don't understand why some fans get upset as they do.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Or, there was a rookie QB throwing the ball... Again, he was asked an opinion of the NE* secondary. Would you rather him say, "Yup, they are awesome, I won't get open or catch a pass."

EDIT: I'm not trying to crusade, at all. I just don't understand why some fans get upset as they do.

Funny, Belicheck and his charges, as arrogant as they can be, without exception tend to come out and mention how challenging just about any upcoming opponent is going to be when they address the media. They don't seem to come out the worse for it, nor do they lack for confidence. They just do their business.

SJ calls attention to himself when he talks ****. It is a huge drop from a veteran mid-tier #1 WR that we need to count on. Chandler doesn't have those inherent expectations and neither do our other WRs. Fair or not; that is the position SJ is in based on his pay and role on this team....

We should break this into 2 different threads: the Stevie haters and the Stevie apologists.

Seriously.

P.S. Stevie, stop calling yourself "Stevie" and shut up. Thank you. Bobby and Billy.

We should break this into 2 different threads: the Stevie haters and the Stevie apologists.

Seriously.

P.S. Stevie, stop calling yourself "Stevie" and shut up. Thank you. Bobby and Billy.

Should we have a CJ apologist and a CJ haters thread... How about we do that for every player?

I'm mad a loads of things. Stevie is the least of them. How about CJ fumble, how about Chandler missing a catch in his hands, how about the Goodwin fumble, how about the poor time management.

Lets not throw this whole game on Stevie, is my point.

If SJ would just produce at critical times and shut his fu$$ing mouth he would get less critique, but over the years come crunch time he has either critical drops or penalties and continues to run his piehole, and then morons defend him. Shutup or put up Steve Johnson, by the way Stevie makes him sound like hes' a ten year old, even if he acts like one.

If you wanna point fingers point them at spiller who played like his rookie form, danced around in the backfield, and fumbles in his own territory, and scott chandler who looked like the kid who gets picked last in backyard football and drops a beautiful pass for a would be first down and also had a costly penalty and brought the bills back to a punt. Both guys absolutely sucked today