Let's give Stevie Johnson some negative attention

davspo

Right, because I'm the only person saying these things. Get a clue, man. I understand that makes your crusade easier, but there is a growing number of Bills fans who are fed up with his **** for the same reasons I am. Fact.

My crusade? Lol

My crusade is that yours is tired. We get it he is the devil incarnate. You were right he's a bozo. He sucks. Please teach me more master....

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My crusade? Lol

My crusade is that yours is tired. We get it he is the devil incarnate. You were right he's a bozo. He sucks. Please teach me more master....

My crusade? Did he brag about being unstoppable? Yes. Did he then drop a very critical pass in the fourth quarter? Yes.

How is this about me? Why can't you come to terms with him being idiotic? About talking the talk about not walking the walk? How is any of this my fantasy?

SJ13's pre and post game comments, including ducking out on reporters in the locker room (against league policy?) Have hit ESPN.

He really doesn't help his cause. Maybe, he has a inferiority complex being a 7th rounder? Who knows but other than his fans that feel he can do no wrong. Most, laugh at him if they've even heard of him outside of Bills nation.

Maybe, he will learn to shut up and play the game. His excuse for the drop? "It was tougher than it looked." This drop would nave had no wheels if he hadn't popped off during game week.

Really, he does this to himself every time. Seriously,he needs a publicist.

Look for him on Dancing with the stars in 2018. Because that will be the highlight of his post football career.

Look, obviously by my tag I'm biased. However,

1. He says stupid things. That whole bit about how he knew Chung personally and didn't even know dude wasn't a Patriot anymore was stupid. And I'm sorry, but the average Bills fan watching Sports Center knew it, so a Bills player probably should have too.

2. He makes critical drops. I think like some players are just "made of glass," some players also make "critical errors" more frequently than others. And just like the "glass" players, it's more obvious/irritating when it's one of the star players on the team that's the "critical error" guy.

All that said, he's the best offensive player on the team. And #1 is easily managed if a coach would just step in there and start managing the media relations a bit. (That guy over in NE has some pretty good luck with that.) Then you're only left with #2 and maybe the player starts being less of a butterfingers if he isn't trying to back up a comment he knows he made a few days prior.

Look, obviously by my tag I'm biased. However,

1. He says stupid things. That whole bit about how he knew Chung personally and didn't even know dude wasn't a Patriot anymore was stupid. And I'm sorry, but the average Bills fan watching Sports Center knew it, so a Bills player probably should have too.

2. He makes critical drops. I think like some players are just "made of glass," some players also make "critical errors" more frequently than others. And just like the "glass" players, it's more obvious/irritating when it's one of the star players on the team that's the "critical error" guy.

All that said, he's the best offensive player on the team. And #1 is easily managed if a coach would just step in there and start managing the media relations a bit. (That guy over in NE has some pretty good luck with that.) Then you're only left with #2 and maybe the player starts being less of a butterfingers if he isn't trying to back up a comment he knows he made a few days prior.

IMO the "running his mouth" doesn't help his focus. I think sometimes he starts thinking about what he's gonna do when he gets in the endzone and it loses him just that tiny edge of concentration that he needs.

I'm sure it wasn't an easy catch. I'm also sure that the top receivers in the game, and a number of the up-n-comers haul it in.

CJ Spiller inarguably had a bad day, but I do question the "best offensive player on the team" thing.

IMO the "running his mouth" doesn't help his focus. I think sometimes he starts thinking about what he's gonna do when he gets in the endzone and it loses him just that tiny edge of concentration that he needs.

I'm sure it wasn't an easy catch. I'm also sure that the top receivers in the game, and a number of the up-n-comers haul it in.

CJ Spiller inarguably had a bad day, but I do question the "best offensive player on the team" thing.

SJ being the best offensive player is a very questionable claim.

Anyone who's every played high level sports knows that the guy who's got his head in the clouds can't be counted on when the game is on the line. I get agitated when Stevie shows signs his head's not in the right spot, because he's also shown signs that he he can't be counted on when it matters.

But heaven forbid this correlation keep rearing its ugly head again and again and again and again and fans like me are there to say wtf?

SJ being the best offensive player is a very questionable claim.

Anyone who's every played high level sports knows that the guy who's got his head in the clouds can't be counted on when the game is on the line. I get agitated when Stevie shows signs his head's not in the right spot, because he's also shown signs that he he can't be counted on when it matters.

But heaven forbid this correlation keep rearing its ugly head again and again and again and again and fans like me are there to say wtf?

Give me Fred Jackson's focus, effort and preparation in every player on the offense, and you've got a winning team here with the talent on hand. Luckily it looks like EJ is similar in that respect.

I do know that Stevie thinks he is a vet and a leader at this point, but I do hope that EJ won't be afraid to respectfully but purposefully challenge him to do better. The good QBs do that.

When he chucked his man, he game him a real good chuck. It actually looked like he should have been flagged for it.

Therefore, I think there's some legitimacy to the excuse. When you are trying to get back up to speed after giving a full chuck to a DB and the ball's moving faster than you are then it's not necessarily an "easy" catch. The physics might have been working against him there.

Now, having said all that...at some point and time this season, Stevie Johnson (and CJ Spiller) must be expected to consistently be giving this team great performances. I think that Stevie Johnson has top five NFL receiver potential. The Bills look to finally have the QB that can propel Stevie Johnson to the upper tier. Become this era's Andre Reed, but even better. I'm not going to get on him for that drop, but I think that he needs to know what the expectations are for him this year.

Mentioning him in the same universe as Andre reed is a quantum leap

SJ13's pre and post game comments, including ducking out on reporters in the locker room (against league policy?) Have hit ESPN.

He really doesn't help his cause. Maybe, he has a inferiority complex being a 7th rounder? Who knows but other than his fans that feel he can do no wrong. Most, laugh at him if they've even heard of him outside of Bills nation.

Maybe, he will learn to shut up and play the game. His excuse for the drop? "It was tougher than it looked." This drop would nave had no wheels if he hadn't popped off during game week.

Really, he does this to himself every time. Seriously,he needs a publicist.

Look for him on Dancing with the stars in 2018. Because that will be the highlight of his post football career.

You should watch the whole interview with him. Cherry picking this one comment is what hack sports writers/analysts do. He admits to the drop and does put it on himself, too.

Give me Fred Jackson's focus, effort and preparation in every player on the offense, and you've got a winning team here with the talent on hand. Luckily it looks like EJ is similar in that respect.

I do know that Stevie thinks he is a vet and a leader at this point, but I do hope that EJ won't be afraid to respectfully but purposefully challenge him to do better. The good QBs do that.

Couldn't agree more with this

I know! Marvin Harrison shot someone and still gets trotted out as an example of how to play the game the right way!

I said nothing about his post foot ball life. Just how Marvin was as a pro. Thanks for taking it to a ridiculous extreme.

I said nothing about his post foot ball life. Just how Marvin was as a pro. Thanks for taking it to a ridiculous extreme.

aaron-hernandez-murder.jpg

It's always a ridiculous extreme until people start dyin'.

We assume these dudes are "pros" and doing it the right way because they own on the field or are heavy practicing. In truth, many of them might be just as bad for the chemistry as a Terrell Owens but we just don't see it until that "post football life" rears its ugly head. A lot of times it doesn't wait until after football to do it either.

Mentioning him in the same universe as Andre reed is a quantum leap

Really, how so? Andre had HOFer Jim Kelly throwing him the football from his second year on. He also had Lofton, Beebe and Thomas taking some of the target off his back.

Stevie had crap at QB and still had three consecutive 1000 yard seasons with the 2013 season probably being his fourth.

I think Stevie Johnson can become an even greater receiver than Andre Reed was and I'm hopeful the Bills finally have that franchise QB which will show us once and for all how good or great Stevie truly is.

Edited by 1billsfan

Stevie should not be mentioned in the same breath as Andre Reed. Andre Reed was one of the top three receivers in the NFL during his prime (the others being Jerry Rice and Chris Carter). Andre Reed could catch just about anything that was thrown to him. If he could touch it, he would catch it. They should fix the title to read Stevie "Jelly Fingers" Johnson

Stevie should not be mentioned in the same breath as Andre Reed. Andre Reed was one of the top three receivers in the NFL during his prime (the others being Jerry Rice and Chris Carter). Andre Reed could catch just about anything that was thrown to him. If he could touch it, he would catch it. They should fix the title to read Stevie "Jelly Fingers" Johnson

Compare their first three years as full time starters. I never said he was better, I'm just saying that Stevie is still young and still has a real shot at surpassing Reed's career as a Bill if EJ Manuel is a franchise QB like Jim Kelly.

That being said, the Fitzpatrick excuse is gone and with Manuel and this new offense, this is the year that Johnson needs to prove he's a top receiver in the NFL by bringing it game in game out like Andre Reed did. I still believe in Stevie Johnson.

Edited by 1billsfan

That being said, the Fitzpatrick excuse is gone and with Manuel and this new offense, this is the year that Johnson needs to prove he's a top receiver in the NFL by bringing it game in game out like Andre Reed did. I still believe in Stevie Johnson.

Evidently the QB excuse is not gone, since the critical drop was on a "poorly thrown ball."

Evidently the QB excuse is not gone, since the critical drop was on a "poorly thrown ball."

You made that up. That's really low.

Stevie's "excuse" was that he chucked his man hard and didn't get to his spot quick enough. There was no laying of blame on anyone. Just that it was a tougher catch than it looked, which was true. However, he still should have caught it, but even the great Andre Reed had his failures and foibles. Stevie no where near said it was a bad throw.

You made that up. That's really low.

Stevie's "excuse" was that he chucked his man hard and didn't get to his spot quick enough. There was no laying of blame on anyone. Just that it was a tougher catch than it looked, which was true. However, he still should have caught it, but even the great Andre Reed had his failures and foibles. Stevie no where near said it was a bad throw.

Made it up!? Did you read his comments? Have you read this thread?