Let's give Stevie Johnson some negative attention

davspo

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of those guys run their mouth. And when Stevie runs his mouth and I say he should really shut the !@#$ up until he stops making critical mistakes, then lemmings like you tell me to lighten up, I use moments like these to say 'I told you so.' Yet you still apologize for the guy.

You told me so, about what? It's a game. He made a comment about players covering him, which they couldn't. You get upset, and therefore want to bash him. What sense does that make. Did Stevie lose the game, no. Mistakes did. But you don't miss an opportunity to visit a thread like this and bash a guy who has been nothing but supportive of the Buffalo community. For what? Cause he missed 1 catch. Which, is funny because other players missed catches, fumbled the balls, had penalties... but yes, carry one.

NOBODY HERE OR ANYWHERE WORSHIPS CHANDLER LIKE THEY DO STEVIE IT'S AN IRRELEVANT COMPARISON JUST STOP.

So.....you're saying that we should '"fill in the blank" Stevie? We can't some ship him. Check. Should we love him? Root for him? Root against hm? Despise him? Please respond, I'd like to hear this.

Let me guess.... "Stevie isn't a true #1", "he should stop running his mouth (like that would've made him catch it, most likely answer), "he's overpaid", "he's not that good".

Like talking crap about our best wr will change anything. Glad you got that off your chest and hopefully you can feel better now. We need Stevie. He's our best wr!!

None of those guys run their mouth. And when Stevie runs his mouth and I say he should really shut the !@#$ up until he stops making critical mistakes, then lemmings like you tell me to lighten up, I use moments like these to say 'I told you so.' Yet you still apologize for the guy.

looky here..........big cat getting emotional over SJ again.....

take a breath tina. the team looked good today.

draft LG next year fill in some spots and it's on like a mofo...........we have a qb now

Ha. yes, you are so right. How did the rest of the WR core do.... oh wait.

You have to look at who was being targeted first. Also, a fine conversion to Woods was called back. The backs were getting the majority of targets and it stands to reason that they looked at the short-to-mid game as the recipe for success against a quick rush with a vulnerable spot at LG.

Lesson for today is shut your mouth and let your play on the field do the talking for you. I like Stevie but the "all about me" attitude is tiring. I know it is a generational difference. I am over 50 years old and don't get the preening the young athletes do.

You have to look at who was being targeted first. Also, a fine conversion to Woods was called back. The backs were getting the majority of targets and it stands to reason that they looked at the short-to-mid game as the recipe for success against a quick rush with a vulnerable spot at LG.

Ha, the pass rush was minimized by the Bills OL, please. You are just looking reasons to bash Johnson. It's hilarious that I have to even defend him. Bills fans love to bash players, its crazy.

looky here..........big cat getting emotional over SJ again.....

take a breath tina. the team looked good today.

draft LG next year fill in some spots and it's on like a mofo...........we have a qb now

Yeah all we need is a LG. been so long since we had a good one of those.

Ha, the pass rush was minimized by the Bills OL, please. You are just looking reasons to bash Johnson. It's hilarious that I have to even defend him. Bills fans love to bash players, its crazy.

Yeah, that's totally it.

Read through my history and you'll see that I pretty voraciously DEFEND Stevie when Cat is getting aggravated about him. I like his spirit and feel that the game should be fun and entertaining. But look, he didn't need to talk before game 1 against the Pats, and it consequently looks bad on him. Three receptions hardly qualifies you as unstoppable, and when you drop a pass that could have kept this team in the game, you definitely have to face the music. Stevie made his bed, not me or any other fans.

Yeah, that's totally it.

Read through my history and you'll see that I pretty voraciously DEFEND Stevie when Cat is getting aggravated about him. I like his spirit and feel that the game should be fun and entertaining. But look, he didn't need to talk before game 1 against the Pats, and it consequently looks bad on him. Three receptions hardly qualifies you as unstoppable, and when you drop a pass that could have kept this team in the game, you definitely have to face the music. Stevie made his bed, not me or any other fans.

He had a bad throw, seriously at his ankles, your going to not defend him because of that? How did the rest of the Bills WR core do? How did the TE's do? Hell, how did the RB's, receiving do? Honestly, I don't get fans sometimes.

He had a bad throw, seriously at his ankles, your going to not defend him because of that? How did the rest of the Bills WR core do? How did the TE's do? Hell, how did the RB's, receiving do? Honestly, I don't get fans sometimes.

Funny you should ask. I recall Fred Jackson laying out for a throw that was really at his ankles, instead of just in front of him, and gaining 20 yards. It was called back.

Any other questions?

Yes, other players didn't have the best game. But the best players should have the best game, no? I also recall Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola catching balls high and low, and they were in fact difficult to cover, but they didn't have much to say prior to the game.

Yeah, that's totally it.

That is exactly how I feel about SJ. Thank you for saying that better than I have :thumbsup:

It wasn't anywhere near his ankles. He had both hands on the ball and simply failed to secure it. Face it, he's supposed to be the veteran and the star and he had a huge drop that changed the game.

I don't get fans sometimes either.

It wasn't anywhere near his ankles. He had both hands on the ball and simply failed to secure it. Face it, he's supposed to be the veteran and the star and he had a huge drop that changed the game.

I don't get fans sometimes either.

Ok, so what are your thought on a veteran Chandler, hit in the hands, with a ball?

Funny you should ask. I recall Fred Jackson laying out for a throw that was really at his ankles, instead of just in front of him, and gaining 20 yards. It was called back.

Any other questions?

Yes, other players didn't have the best game. But the best players should have the best game, no? I also recall Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola catching balls high and low, and they were in fact difficult to cover, but they didn't have much to say prior to the game.

Ha, so the Jackson throw... didn't mean anything in terms of the game, because of what? A penalty. Lets try to focus on other subjects as to why the Bills might have lost.

I am not saying this was Stevie's fault but when we got the ball with 5:40 left in the game, we were up by one point. One decent drive away from winning the game.

First call is CJ off tackle, two yards. Now it's 2nd and long, and Hackett calls a pass play to Stevie's side. This is the biggest play of the freaking game at this point, and there is a miscommunication between EJ and Stevie. Stevie cuts the route short and EJ thinks he is going long.

Reminds me of last year when Fitz and Stevie kept screwing up communication and blowing routes. Fitz was too classy to do anything but take the blame himself, but I doubt Harvard boy was forgetting the play. If you remember it happened a lot last year, in one game I remember like 4 or 5 miscom's between Stevie and Fitz.

Somebody made that same mistake again today, at a critical juncture in the game and if I was a betting man I would say it was #13. Maybe it was the rookie qb.

That was a HUGE mistake, whoever made it, because EJ was hot and throwing well at that point.