Let's give Stevie Johnson some negative attention

davspo

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Stevie, and yes the ball was not thrown well .... but that play right there vividly illustrates why one team on the field hasn't been to play-offs in 13 years.

Great teams, Good teams, make those hard plays when they're most needed.

I'm a fan of Stevie. But when Amendola is playing on one foot, SJ needs to make that play. Of course, Amendola has one of the best QBs and coaches lighting a fire under his ass. That's what SJ needs. Somebody to hold him accountable.

Horrible? No. It hit Stevie in the hands and he should have made the catch despite it not being EJ's best throw.

It hit him low, at his ankles, are we really going to run circles around SJ. The guy had some nice catches as well, like his TD catch. Lets not pin the game on him. Or we can start a huge fire and lead him down to it and burn his jersey...

Please. It was a drop on a poorly thrown ball. It happens.

Don't get in the way of the weekly anti-Stevie crusaders.

He coulda/shoulda caught it, but it was a badly thrown ball. Very badly thrown, actually.

Yeah let's bash Stevie alone on this one, it's ALL on him. We've had 1 semi consistent player over the last couple of years, who by the way seems to actually enjoy playing in Buffalo, and there is a select few who can't wait to run him out of town because they don't agree with him having fun. What about the really nice TD grab he had? Lets forget about that.

Yes, he is partially to blame for the loss. But what about Spiller who was garbage today or Chandler who couldn't stop causing penalties early on? Do they get a pass because they act how you deem to be appropriate?

Stupid and ridiculous.

Except he beat double coverage to score a touchdown... guess we should just expect that of every WR.

Oh my god, the apologists just won't stop.

Great, he caught a ball in the third quarter for a the go-ahead touch down. If a game was three quarters long, he'd be a !@#$ing hero. But it's not.

And AGAIN on a critical play, he drops the ball.

Bad throw my !@#$ing ass. It hit him in the !@#$ing hands. Is he an elite receiver, or isn't he. It hit him in the !@#$ing hands. Bad throw? If the guy's "elite" he catches that pass, period.

It hit him low, at his ankles, are we really going to run circles around SJ. The guy had some nice catches as well, like his TD catch. Lets not pin the game on him. Or we can start a huge fire and lead him down to it and burn his jersey...

It was a key drop that a clutch receiver makes. Not blaming the loss on Stevie, but that drop was certainly a contributing factor.

Oh my god, the apologists just won't stop.

Great, he caught a ball in the third quarter for a the go-ahead touch down. If a game was three quarters long, he'd be a !@#$ing hero. But it's not.

And AGAIN on a critical play, he drops the ball.

Bad throw my !@#$ing ass. It hit him in the !@#$ing hands. Is he an elite receiver, or isn't he. It hit him in the !@#$ing hands. Bad throw? If the guy's "elite" he catches that pass, period.

Sooooo why isn't there a thread about Chandler started???? It hit hime in the bands. Cat, you love to hate on SJ, it's expected.

I don't want to run him out of town. The throw wasn't perfect. But it was easily catchable, especially for a "possession" type of #1 WR.

Perfectly said right here. Not a great throw, not uncatchable. But one you need to make. I'm still a Stevie fan. He had a sweet route and catch on a perfect ball from EJ on the TD. This one is more on him than EJ, imo. Not every receiver is going to be clutch, unfortunately. Stevie really hasn't shown himself to be clutch, but that doesn't mean he isn't a good WR. He is. Let's move on to Carolina.