Buffalo News reporting Byrd wants traded by Oct. 29 deadline

YoloinOhio

I appreciate the link to the video but from now on, I'm just gonna read what Byrd says vs. listening to him. He just doesn't look or sound like the same kid in previous interviews. And his answer about his relationship with Whaley is strained.

I think the media needs to get off it, too. Let the kid play football. If he's OK with doing that, then we all should be. If he isn't, that will show up soon enough. But I don't get the impression Byrd is that kind of player.

GO BILLS!!!

I think it's better to see the video in order to formulate your own take rather than a perception through the lens of the media, the Bills, or anyone else.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While Byrd has been a focus for those outside the organization after he was unable to reach a long term contract extension with the club earlier this summer, head coach Doug Marrone maintains the veteran safety has not been a distraction to the team.

“Oh, absolutely not. Absolutely not,” said Marrone. “My focus is on the team and this game. For me, that’s exactly what I’m looking at.

“In regards to Jairus’ situation, from my standpoint as the head coach, he’s out here right now working. He’s been working like heck on the field. He knows what we’re doing defensively. I still go back—he’s been a great teammate, helping everyone. He’s been a great pro. That’s what I evaluate it on, how he’s doing for us, in the locker room, on the field. I have zero complaints about what he’s doing.”

Why listen to Doug Marrone when we have you to set us all straight? :lol:

there is no doubt in my mind that Tyrd is walking the tight rope just right. Jairus is saying and DOING all the right things himself regarding his coaches and fellow players, but he has given his blessings for his agent to be the hard azz.

I think it's better to see the video in order to formulate your own take rather than a perception through the lens of the media, the Bills, or anyone else.

I agree. But the take I get when watching him is of a very different Jairus Byrd than the one I've seen in previous interviews over the years. This process has taken a toll on him it seems. Which is perfectly understandable. I would just prefer a player who is actually happy to be in Buffalo. So when I read his words about what he said concerning his teammates and his focus it was easier for me to feel good about it vs. having seen and heard him speak the words. I guess I'll have to hope for accuracy by the print media.

GO BILLS!!!

and the byrd quote from the article:

“From what I understand someone is saying sources, I mean I would like to know what sources they’re talking about before they just say sources,” Byrd said. “My focus is really just on football right now honestly. My teammates they mean the world to me. I don’t want to be any distraction to them like we have a big game coming up and we need to be 100 percent focused on New England and that’s that.”

Just watched his presser. Its obvious he isnt thrilled about his relationship with the FO. I can understand that. I don't think he is a POS or should be traded tomorrow, in fact I think he is going to play damn hard when he is healthy. Even for his own reasons he does better by playing hard and making plays

Q: what can you say definitively about you wanting to be here in buffalo for the entire season ?

A: I really don't wanna speak on anything like that, I think that'd be something for my agent to handle that side.

how anyone doesn't think Jairus absolutely knows his agent is seeking a trade is laughable.

Q: what can you say definitively about you wanting to be here in buffalo for the entire season ?

A: I really don't wanna speak on anything like that, I think that'd be something for my agent to handle that side.

how anyone doesn't think Jairus absolutely knows his agent is seeking a trade is laughable.

As if it matters what his agent is seeking. The Bills have all of the leverage in this scenario. You enjoying your completely unbiased crusade? :rolleyes:

Jairus regarding when the plantar faciitis injury started:

It was just something that happened last year actually; he said. I played with it last year and things didnt progress the way I liked them too in the offseason based on the protocol that was told to me. Im just trying to get my feet ready and thats it and trying to help the team win as many games as we possibly can.

8 months since the season ended and his feet still ain't right.

Edited by papazoid

Screw 'im, and his achin' feet, and Eugene Parker.

I can't believe that reasonable minds cannot come to reasonable numbers on a long-term deal.

Definitely do not trade Byrd - and if they can't work out a long term deal, slap the franchise tag on him again.

Eff you, Eugene. You too, Jairus.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

As if it matters what his agent is seeking. The Bills have all of the leverage in this scenario. You enjoying your completely unbiased crusade? :rolleyes:

like someone who buys an aggressive attack dog, then acts surprised when it bites someone.

when byrd is not on the field sunday resting his foot, what is the bills leverage ?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000238764/article/jairus-byrd-unlikely-to-be-traded-by-bills-at-low-value

Now the Buffalo News report is being questioned and Parker claims its untrue.

Also Byrd's PF apparently affects BOTH feet, not just one...

Also says only 11 teams could even fit him under the cap and with no ability to work out a long term deal its unlikely to happen, especially when his perceived value is so low while his ability to come back and perform is in question...

like someone who buys an aggressive attack dog, then acts surprised when it bites someone.

when byrd is not on the field sunday resting his foot, what is the bills leverage ?

How would this scenario be any different if we were paying Byrd his $9M/yr? He would still be injured. :blink:

http://www.nfl.com/n...ls-at-low-value

Now the Buffalo News report is being questioned and Parker claims its untrue.

Also Byrd's PF apparently affects BOTH feet, not just one...

Also says only 11 teams could even fit him under the cap and with no ability to work out a long term deal its unlikely to happen, especially when his perceived value is so low while his ability to come back and perform is in question...

Which brings me back to why negotiate a trade now when Byrd's options are limited? Why not the off-season? Maybe Parker did and got no takers? I smell poop.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

So you are suggesting he's dogging it? What makes you think he would be so eager to play hurt once he got his money?

PTR

So you are suggesting he's dogging it?.....if dogging it is defined as last year he played through the pain and this year he is going to rest it......then yes I am.

What makes you think he would be so eager to play hurt once he got his money?....because that's what most of these guys do, they play through pain. a lot of pain. unbearable pain.

Jairus regarding when the plantar faciitis injury started:

It was just something that happened last year actually; he said. I played with it last year and things didnt progress the way I liked them too in the offseason based on the protocol that was told to me. Im just trying to get my feet ready and thats it and trying to help the team win as many games as we possibly can.

8 months since the season ended and his feet still ain't right.

All I know is my wife had plantar fasciitis, it takes awhile to get rid of it. Not eight months however. It is something that can be reoccurring. If you are not diligent about taking care of your foot it will come back. You can't even walk around in your house in bare feet. You have to always have on shoes that give support.