Bills roster cut down to 50 (-18 then -5 more)

zazie

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Troop, Scott and Cross aren't surprising. Lewis and Blatnick are. Blatnick has to be a PS candidate. With the roster at 50 I'm hoping to see QB CB OG

My thoughts exactly. If I were GM or head coach which im not, I would have kept Blatnick based on what I've seen in all four preseason games... Maybe they saw something else?

Just doesn't make sense with how little depth we have at LB. Plus we don't know if we'll even have Bradham for the first couple of weeks...

The Titans just released OG Fernando Velasco. The thing is, he has just 3 years in the NFL and is subject to the waiver wire. Hopefully no one else picks him up as he would be a great addition. Now if they could just find another CB.

That helps us, doesn't it? Only 7 teams have a shot at him before us: Chiefs, Jags, Raiders, Eagles, Lions, Browns, Cardinals.

My thoughts exactly. If I were GM or head coach which im not, I would have kept Blatnick based on what I've seen in all four preseason games... Maybe they saw something else?

Just doesn't make sense with how little depth we have at LB. Plus we don't know if we'll even have Bradham for the first couple of weeks...

I agree. Blatnick is a surprise to me too. Was he a rookie? I'd love to have him in camp again next year to see if he's ready to play with the big boys.

I also would like Thad on the PS, and am a bit surprised he's not being kept on the 53 man roster. I think that means 1) EJ is healthy and 2) they know something about another QB either a vet being brought in

Edited by Matt in KC

So Blatnik n Lewis maybe PS material. Maybe Kolb will be coming back sooner or later or they think another teams garbage would b better suited for our QB3. Please please please don't even consider Tebow. I hope they r not that stoopid! Must be making room for some cb's.

With the rumored Bryan Scott trade discussion, I'm surprised they wouldn't kee phim on the roster a couple more days to see if the potential partner would blink first and offer a late pick in exchange. I guess they found no interest or only teams playing it very cool waiting for him to be cut. . . . Now let's see if he is signed in a couple days, and by which team.

What does sucked ass mean?

Not necessarily. Lots of teams keep only 2 qbs.

I wanted to say Who Thad? (A play on the saints' who that?)

Sure, but I doubt they would keep one they can't dress and play on gamedays. EJ might not start but I bet he's healthy enough to play.

The Titans just released OG Fernando Velasco. The thing is, he has just 3 years in the NFL and is subject to the waiver wire. Hopefully no one else picks him up as he would be a great addition. Now if they could just find another CB.

He was a 16 game starter last year, and purportedly can play LG.

Velasco was a 16-game starter in 2012, grading out as Pro Football Focus' No. 11 center, but the Titans will go with journeyman Rob Turner. They have fourth-rounder Brian Schwenke waiting in the wings. Velasco was set to make $2.023 million. He should draw interest from center-needy teams. Perhaps Denver will give him a call. Aug 31 - 3:38 PM

Honestly, I am not sure that even needs to be said it is so obvious.

I was a fan. If you watched his play this preseason it wasnt SO obvious. but it was KINDA obvious.

The Blatnick thing. I thought he would make it.

Maybe he will make PS Nanker ?? so we can pull him up in short order

Yes, where? All the players are gone. :rolleyes:

you saw it too ?

With the rumored Bryan Scott trade discussion, I'm surprised they wouldn't kee phim on the roster a couple more days to see if the potential partner would blink first and offer a late pick in exchange. I guess they found no interest or only teams playing it very cool waiting for him to be cut. . . . Now let's see if he is signed in a couple days, and by which team.

Im guess he's more of the "oh your cutting that guy, were cutting this guy" trade variety, not the "give us something you value" type