LIVE: Tim Graham on PFT for bills talk

NoSaint

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/27/pft-live-bills-talk-with-tim-graham-pft-planet-calls-and-tweets-3/

Florio will also be taking questions from PFT Planet about the Bills or anything else that might be on your minds. Send them in on Twitter — @ProFootballTalk — or give us a call at 888-237-5269 during the show.

You can watch it all live at noon ET

Why so Seroius?

I can understanding a dislike based on his "reporting" .. he must have done somethign to tick you off in real life

nah, it's an old TBDism originally linked to Howard Stern. I was just prepping for the folks coming here to knock him. Personally I rarely read his stuff and I'm not a twitter.

According to that we are really in trouble. Gilmore fractured his risk

I'm pretty sure that's a good thing.

I've always hated Tim Graham, but, I love dissing him on message boards.

I don't hate anyone... certainly not someone so remote from my private life as a sportswriter.

As far as sportswriters are concerned, I like Tim. He's reasonably objective and much better informed about the Bills than just about anyone in the national media.

nah, it's an old TBDism originally linked to Howard Stern. I was just prepping for the folks coming here to knock him. Personally I rarely read his stuff and I'm not a twitter.

I'm pretty sure that's a good thing.

I'm not a twitt er either, however the Bills App does post a lot of tweets.

I was poking fun, yet I was unsure because IIRC I thought that Tim had posted here for a while until he got tired of the _ _ _ _ 's. and there may have been an issue.

Tim was also on NFL AM (NFLN) this morning intentionally fanning the flames of the non-issue QB situation. He managed to completely ignore all reports (including Marrone's statements) that they remain hopeful Manuel will be ready for week 1, and Tuel is only the "starter" until Manuel is back.

I always liked that Tim Graham came on here and gave his insight. Maybe he left because he was sad from all our sadness?? Misery loves company Tim, come back and shoot the sheeet with us.

He left because posters who have since been banned treated him like crap and he decided it wasn't worth it. (As he should have) This place got dumber that day and I hated it

I always liked that Tim Graham came on here and gave his insight. Maybe he left because he was sad from all our sadness?? Misery loves company Tim, come back and shoot the sheeet with us.

He has an ego made of porcelain, couldn't take the heat, acted like a child, conducting himself in a highly unprofessional way, took his ball, scolded everyone, told everyone what a hot shot he was, cried some more, basically said '!@#$ you I don't want to be here anyway,' then went home.

wait.... what? do you have access to tim graham material the rest of us dont?

Tim didn't seem to get a lot of inside information, but he read all the news reports, copped an occassional interview, and stayed generally abreast of the Bills.

The national media guys try to cover 32 teams. They do a fair job with the perennial winners but often don't know a lot about the Bills.

He has an ego made of porcelain, couldn't take the heat, acted like a child, conducting himself in a highly unprofessional way, took his ball, scolded everyone, told everyone what a hot shot he was, cried some more, basically said '!@#$ you I don't want to be here anyway,' then went home.

Thats how I remember it. There were some people who went overboard in making it personal, but most agreed at the time he was acting like a petulant child. Good riddance. I do not think much of his reporting since then. Opinions without facts, axe grinding, and egocentric.

Ahh... The old diplomatic immunity granted media members on this forum. How ironic that he can't take the heat yet his entire career is based on turning the heat up on athletes... No politicians and other people who truly impact out lives but athletes. Typical thin skinned media who have no business coopting fan forums when they have thier own outlet.

I understand the kid gloves with them - its their careers, not just their opinions, that get called into question when they are called out. It deserves a certain level of respect as a contributing member of our community and peer. That said, even in his professional dealings Tim often crosses the line into unprofessional and that does muddy the waters. When he insults and fights in public forums, he welcomes that behavior towards himself to a degree. Two wrongs don't make a right but at some point you give up your expectation of courtesy when you aren't courteous to others. It escalated on both sides, and is a shame. Contributors with inside info are always welcome and enjoyed but its different than you or I posting and both the poster and board need to be aware of and respect that.

I don't hate anyone... certainly not someone so remote from my private life as a sportswriter.

As far as sportswriters are concerned, I like Tim. He's reasonably objective and much better informed about the Bills than just about anyone in the national media.

Nobody links to another reporter's story better than @ByTimGraham.

(that was for you Beerball)

Ahh... The old diplomatic immunity granted media members on this forum. How ironic that he can't take the heat yet his entire career is based on turning the heat up on athletes... No politicians and other people who truly impact out lives but athletes. Typical thin skinned media who have no business coopting fan forums when they have thier own outlet.

+1

Contributors with inside info are always welcome

How long has it been since the local media had any inside info at OBD?

I get more team scuttlebutt from TSW than I do the Snooze or lesser outlets...

here's an audio track, Florio is babbling in the beginning. The audio player says Track #1, click on the "1" and you'll be at the start of TG's interview.

He doesn't say anything really controversial, except near the end, when he's asked about the Byrd situation, no surprise...

My take on the situation is that Jairus Byrd wants to play football, and loves the game of football, but uh, he doesn't want to be here anymore, and he uh, like a lot of players who get the franchise tag, felt um, that he um, was treated unfairly. Now of course, a lot of people, it's difficult to look at the situation from the outside and understand how somebody could be upset (static) over $6.9M guaranteed, but this is the real world (static) people aren't buying, people like to throw out (static) firefighters or teachers

then there's so much static, that it's unintelligible, which (to me) is really embarrassing and then the call is dropped. He's on his cell phone and talking to a national sports media show on live tv. Seems like he could've made sure he was in a place where he had a good signal, but I'm no Tim Graham.

Edited by In-A-Gadda-Levitre

I've always hated Tim Graham, but, I love dissing him on message boards.

For what reason? Jealousy?

I'm not a twitt er either, however the Bills App does post a lot of tweets.

I was poking fun, yet I was unsure because IIRC I thought that Tim had posted here for a while until he got tired of the _ _ _ _ 's. and there may have been an issue.

......And who could blame him??????

It has to suck to work at a profession where you ARE PAID TO DO YOUR JOB, and have to endure being criticized by amateurs who do not have the slightest clue.

Honestly, I looked forward to Graham's presence and contributions here, but the way he left, and the way that he has since conducted himself in Twitter measuring contests, has me less than impressed. I think he used to care and has basically checked out.

Edit: And I'll agree, some posters act pretty reprehensibly in the presence of people who are volunteering their time and insights.

here's an audio track, Florio is babbling in the beginning. The audio player says Track #1, click on the "1" and you'll be at the start of TG's interview.

He doesn't say anything really controversial, except near the end, when he's asked about the Byrd situation, no surprise...

then there's so much static, that it's unintelligible, which (to me) is really embarrassing and then the call is dropped. He's on his cell phone and talking to a national sports media show on live tv. Seems like he could've made sure he was in a place where he had a good signal, but I'm no Tim Graham.

I think he's dead on with his take on Byrd.

+1

How long has it been since the local media had any inside info at OBD?

I get more team scuttlebutt from TSW than I do the Snooze or lesser outlets...

I can't remember the last time anyone in the local media broke a story about anything to do with the Bills. I'm not sure why none of the local guys who cover the team ever get a scoop but something clearly is odd that even the news on Gilmore's injury was broken by a national reporter.

Why don't you give us your brilliant insight instead?

He's often petty, unprofessional, pushes unfounded conclusions and rarely if ever breaks info these days. Ill agree with RTDB - at some point the dude went from a bit fragile but seemingly well intentioned and someone I cared to read to... The guy we see today attacking people on twitter and "just thinking outloud" about topics that would cause him to fly off the handle if half the accusation was levied at him. I used to stand up for the guy but he's a disaster of a journalist these days,

Edited by NoSaint