Bills plan for Tuel as week 1 starter

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go get em', Tuel!

I'm sure its happened before, anyone know the last time a UDFA rookie QB started Week One?

I think the last and maybe only other time a undrafted rookie started at QB in week one was 1976 with Jim Zorn of the Seattle Seahawks.

My guess is Tuel keeps starting as long at the Bills are winning. Go with the hot hand, etc.

I have to agree but it may not be bad to be in that position. In that axenario, a week 1 win against the Pats* will be fun on so many levels. Anyway, I am getting too far ahead of ourselves. This game against the Skins was quite costly for the Bills with the Kolb and Gilmore injuries.

Marrone says Bills are planning for Tuel to start. That doesn't mean that he will start, never mind the fact that Marrone is all about misinformation on this topic.

You know, I'm 100% sure that Marrone is shooting straight on this, and that the team is getting Tuel prepared to start in week 1, while hoping for EJ to be back in time.

That said, what a coup that would be if it were all a ruse and the team knew that EJ was going to play.

My guess is Tuel keeps starting as long at the Bills are winning. Go with the hot hand, etc.

Unless he plays like Aaron Rodgers, absolutely not.

hahaha wouldn't it be nice to have to worry about either of these hypotheticals... unfortunately the chance of either materializing seems ridiculously low

You better hope like hell this doesn't happen. First Belichick and then Ryan will eat :censored: Jeff Tuel for Breakfast!! :death:

Well then... We can wait and find out.

He is the best option we have until Manuel comes back,Correct me if im wrong. Someone give me the name of the QB we can play week 1 besides Tuel ( If Manuel is not back by week 1)

In the game with the colts, he looked really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RGkdqwbebY

Edited by Braedenstearns

You know, I'm 100% sure that Marrone is shooting straight on this, and that the team is getting Tuel prepared to start in week 1, while hoping for EJ to be back in time.

That said, what a coup that would be if it were all a ruse and the team knew that EJ was going to play.

I'm not even saying it's a ruse. He's planning...what else would you have him do? He answered the question perfectly.