Bills plan for Tuel as week 1 starter

I actually read through all 10 pages of this topic and have concluded the following: Belicheat could give a flying fart less who the Bills' QB is gonna be in week 1. His game plan will be to shut down CJ and pressure the rookie QB, whomever it may be. Brady will be Brady and will probably hang about 42 points on us. Our only chance in this game is to win the turnover battle.

I agree. I walk think the defence really needs to be ready to play!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I walk think the defence really needs to be ready to play!

I agree, Belicheat has never been and never will be worried about the Bills offense unless the Bills show they can actually shut his down. Obviously, it has been done by other teams including those in which Pettine was involved. Not sure we have the talent without Gilmore but i can only hold out hope we can sign a decent CB before the season, and count on their new WRs to actually not be a terrible matchup for our DBs. My biggest worry is stopping their running game. We have not shown to be able to stop the run at all this PS and Pettine's Ds haven't really been known for that either. So that plus pressure on Brady, and winning the turnover battle and we have a shot. Remember, even with Wanny's D we came extremely close to beating them in Foxboro last year, so all hope is not lost.

Tuel was considered by some to be a good late round option for QB needy teams. The fact that he is a UDFA is not really an issue he is either on the team or he is not. How many first rounders do we still have on our time from the last ten years? Funny how the draft is a crap shoot but a UDFA one in a million.

At this point neither he nor Manuel have been in a game to prove if they are going to be as good or as bad as people are projecting. For now, since Tuel has been studying the offense since April, he is in better shape to run the offense on week one than Leinart or Lewis. As for Manuel the only thing he has over Tuel right now, besides pedigree, is more time with the firsts and seconds.

I am not proclaiming Tuel to be the next anything but to put Manuel in a stratosphere above Tuel before anyone takes a regular season snap seems a little silly. One way or another we have a rookie QB starting and hopefully,whoever plays, they will play well.