Giants Nassib

Fredo G.

It is relevant. This is a football message board and we talk football here. Nassib was talked about coming to us because of Marrone. If you don't care for the conversation or if it bothers you stay out of it.

This

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He played BRUTAL! Took a few sacks, patted the ball and threw at the feet of his receivers. EJ is Light years ahead of him!

Actually, he played BRUTALLY. Brutal is an adjective. You are modifying the verb to play, which requires an adverb.

Yea, we should know by the end of their second preseason games.

It's not relevant. If they all suck then it still doesn't mean we made the right choice unless EJ turns into something worthwhile in the NFL. EJ is the ONLY relevant QB to Buffalo from this year's draft picks unless we acquire one of them in the future.

Thanks for your opinion as to this topic's relevance. But the rest of us find it not relevant.

I do not find it remarkable that someone would post about Nassib given that so many people -- including many in the Buffalo media -- were saying that we should pick him with the 8th pick in the draft.

I am sure if he does well and EJ does not, people will post about this.

As for me, I am very pleased that we drafted EJ based on what I have seen so far.

This is what blows me away as well. So many of the draft "experts" just seemed to take it for granted that the Bills would draft Nassib, so many in fact, that everyone just seemed to go along with it....so, if the Bills did anything other than draft Nassib, it was considered a bad pick. I have no idea (still) if EJ Manuel will turn out to be a legit, franchise, QB...but this notion that "experts" seemed to adopt (because they are too lazy to do their job perhaps?) that the Bills would just make the most logical pick, based solely on the their new head coaches' relationship with a player is just silly. Really makes me think, more than ever, that these guys are all pretty much a sham...one forms an opinion, and the rest adopt it. Their "draft grades" are all based on the less than expert opinions of somebody else, not on the merits of the players themselves. Even if you accept that notion that Nassib can some day turn into a solid, if unspectacular NFL QB prospect, why would anyone think his potential to be a mediocre NFL prospect should trump Manuels un-refined skills and potential? If the two guys play to their potential, one has a much higher ceiling than the other.

If the Bills want Nassib they can claim him off waivers when the Giants cut him. Maybe they'll put him on their practice squad. Either way I think the Bills will have a chance to get him. I wouldn't want him, he stinks. I was afraid the Bills were going to draft that bum. If you know football you can see he is not NFL starting material. A back up maybe but not a starter.

This is what blows me away as well. So many of the draft "experts" just seemed to take it for granted that the Bills would draft Nassib, so many in fact, that everyone just seemed to go along with it....so, if the Bills did anything other than draft Nassib, it was considered a bad pick. I have no idea (still) if EJ Manuel will turn out to be a legit, franchise, QB...but this notion that "experts" seemed to adopt (because they are too lazy to do their job perhaps?) that the Bills would just make the most logical pick, based solely on the their new head coaches' relationship with a player is just silly. Really makes me think, more than ever, that these guys are all pretty much a sham...one forms an opinion, and the rest adopt it. Their "draft grades" are all based on the less than expert opinions of somebody else, not on the merits of the players themselves. Even if you accept that notion that Nassib can some day turn into a solid, if unspectacular NFL QB prospect, why would anyone think his potential to be a mediocre NFL prospect should trump Manuels un-refined skills and potential? If the two guys play to their potential, one has a much higher ceiling than the other.

You started moving in the direction of another point but didn't quite mention it.

Once the "media experts" had egg on their faces from predicting Nassib either to the Bills or as a first rounder (many of them also had Geno Smith and Matt Barkley as first rounders) then they acted like a "woman scorned."

Their embarrassment turned into anger towards the Bills. All because they were lazy and incompetent and because the Bills make such a convenient target.

The quarterback discussion in Buffalo is nothing like it is in DC where they've annointed God Griffin. Turn on the radio and tv or read the papers and it's like everyone's watching and waiting for the Messiah. Every move the guy makes receives multi columns in the press or non-stop discussion. It's pretty nauseating.

Man! Nassib looks far worse than even I could have imagined. -Pathetic footspeed. Ghastly mechanics. Poor field vision. Terrible footwork.

Cerified Public Accountant is a damn good living, Ryan. -Don't let anyone lie to you about that.

It is relevant. This is a football message board and we talk football here. Nassib was talked about coming to us because of Marrone. If you don't care for the conversation or if it bothers you stay out of it.

This is a football message board. I am talking football. My opinion is "who cares." If you don't like my comments, don't comment back. The world goes round.

All I'm saying is that it doesn't matter if they're bad if Manuel is bad too. That doesn't give us any indication as to who was the "right choice." If Manuel is very good then we know who the right pick was.

This is a football message board. I am talking football. My opinion is "who cares." If you don't like my comments, don't comment back. The world goes round.

All I'm saying is that it doesn't matter if they're bad if Manuel is bad too. That doesn't give us any indication as to who was the "right choice." If Manuel is very good then we know who the right pick was.

You're not talking football when you cry to end a thread about a relevant football topic you dont like, that many other posters want to chime in on. Carry on.

I tried to find things about Nassib's game from hi-lites posted here, given the Marrone connection, but I was worried what I saw

Wasnt going to translate well here. This is just another little thing that happened -or didn't happen that could have- this off-season that has me really excited for this new era of Bills football.

No, you said it's not relevant.

It is highly probable that the Bills organization put more time into evaluating this years' QB class than any other NFL entity. Buddy looks right about Cordy Glenn and they could be just as right about EJ. This buys them some credibility in my world if not Todd McShay's.

As of right now, I'm really glad we got EJ over Nassib. EJ's highlights looked better to me when I was looking at QBs pre-draft, but since I'm largely ignorant of college football, I figured that if ALL the 'experts' say we are getting Nassib, then we must be getting Nassib. Every practice video and both pre-season games I've seen of EJ, I'm increasingly happy that we got him over, what looks like, another Trent Edwards.

He played BRUTAL! Took a few sacks, patted the ball and threw at the feet of his receivers. EJ is Light years ahead of him!

And just think how many people here wanted him in Buffalo.

It is highly probable that the Bills organization put more time into evaluating this years' QB class than any other NFL entity. Buddy looks right about Cordy Glenn and they could be just as right about EJ. This buys them some credibility in my world if not Todd McShay's.

Next year's class of QBs ('14) is going to be rich. I hope that Manuel works out or we'll have preempted ourselves from getting one of those QBs.

^^ Exactly, the Nassib thread when on for hundreds of pages... How is it not relevant? The Bills are like varsity Syracuse this season.

What do you mean by that? I'm curious.

Yea most people knew Nassib wasn't good.

LMAO

Except here, where half of everyone thought that the team was going to take him and undergo a similar "turnaround" that SU had.

Forget that doing so meant little more than beating a handful of I-AAs and Big East competition.

No, you said it's not relevant.

Yea, what's your point? "All I'm saying is that it doesn't matter if they're bad if Manuel is bad too" "Doesn't matter" = "not relevant." But go ahead, keep trying to "call me out" because I disagreed with your opinion in another thread. Mature.