SU Hoops 2013-2014 edition...

bills44

I don't really want to think about a lineup w/ Rak on the bench if Keita can't go. Grant needs to man the 5 under all those scenarios. Sure he can probably handle it 'cause he's a freak and there's no Patrick Ewing nowadays, but it exposes him to too much potential foul trouble, which we obviously can't afford. Also, Clemson's bigs are terrible.

Not saying it's ideal, but it's nice to know that we can go to this line-up in a pinch. Won't be as effective with teams who have taller/more athletic big men though. I was impressed with how this group played though, particularly defensively and on the glass.

I have a hard time seeing Grant returning. He's projected as a lottery pick.

Agreed, unfortunately.

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boeheim said yesterday in his weekly spot on the local radio show that Keita will be a game time decision. Who does everyone want to see get more minutes tonight if Keita can't go and Rak needs rest or gets in foul trouble? Gbinije or Roberson?

I would personally want Roberson to get the lions share of minutes at the 3/4 position when Grant moves to center. I wouldn't want to risk the only backup guard that has played important minutes in conference play getting in foul trouble playing SF. I like Patterson, but Pitt isn't the ideal game to see him get his first real exposure in.

GO CUSE!

Boeheim said yesterday in his weekly spot on the local radio show that Keita will be a game time decision. Who does everyone want to see get more minutes tonight if Keita can't go and Rak needs rest or gets in foul trouble? Gbinije or Roberson?

I would personally want Roberson to get the lions share of minutes at the 3/4 position when Grant moves to center. I wouldn't want to risk the only backup guard that has played important minutes in conference play getting in foul trouble playing SF. I like Patterson, but Pitt isn't the ideal game to see him get his first real exposure in.

GO CUSE!

No brainer. Roberson to see increased minutes if Keita is a no-go. Need Gbinije to soak up some guard minutes. If Christmas get into foul trouble, don't be surprised if we see that lineup with Grant at the 5, Fair at the 4, Roberson/Gbinije at the 3, and Cooney and Ennis as the guards. Not ideal, but will do in a pinch.

Here's to hoping Keita is ready to go tonight. BIG game. LGO!!!

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

i actually hope we can keep keita on the bench tonight...give him the extra rest, let roberson/silent g/patterson get some minutes...someone mentioned pittsburgh is banged up as well, plus, is boeheim really concerned about the undefeated record? he may use this game as a learning and playing time game for the bench players...

No brainer. Roberson to see increased minutes if Keita is a no-go. Need Gbinije to soak up some guard minutes. If Christmas get into foul trouble, don't be surprised if we see that lineup with Grant at the 5, Fair at the 4, Roberson/Gbinije at the 3, and Cooney and Ennis as the guards. Not ideal, but will do in a pinch.

Here's to hoping Keita is ready to go tonight. BIG game. LGO!!!

i just hate using refs as an excuse, they are bad, but Syracuse makes shots and they have no impact on that half

I don't. They're awful

I'm shocked Roberson hasn't seen the court yet. Even if foul trouble isn't an issue, Rak should have gotten a little more of a breather.

I had to turn off the volume with 14:00 minutes left. The fans jizzing in their pants for every Pitt basket, SU foul, SU turnover, SU shot getting blocked even though a foul was called was too much for me to handle. I wanted to turn it back on at the end when they were reviewing the clock (?) but I didn't want to ruin the juju.

I don't get the constant blaming of officiating. Sometimes it's better than other nights but every game people complain about the refs. Is it really bad every game? Maybe you should adjust your expexctations.

i actually hope we can keep keita on the bench tonight...give him the extra rest, let roberson/silent g/patterson get some minutes...someone mentioned pittsburgh is banged up as well, plus, is boeheim really concerned about the undefeated record? he may use this game as a learning and playing time game for the bench players...

Did you see his reaction to the shot? He wants it.

I hope CJ has a long lucrative professional career. If the NBA cared about a players character and sportsmanship, CJ would have a 15 year career. Unfortunately, they don't care about those things. He probably has a long career in Europe ahead of him. I'll be rooting for him no matter where he ends up. He's a player I can root for.

First half = Barnball

Second half = Touch foul party.

If we lost it would have been because of rebounding not officiating. But we didn't. We won because we have the best freshman in the country!

Edit: I love that we finally got to see some emotion out of Ennis. It's great that it came on the best play of the season so far. And his post game interview was awesome. They told him that it was the first time Pitt had lost to a top five team at Peterson. His response...A chuckle and then "Ridiculous".

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Haha--awesome win. Ennis is a gamer. Loved watching the replay, and seeing the zoo get deflated.

By the way, I get really bothered by Jamie Dixon on the sideline. He's really slimy and smug. Then, every handshake at the end of a loss, he refuses to even look at the opposing coach. He just strikes me as a really poor loser.

I don't get the constant blaming of officiating. Sometimes it's better than other nights but every game people complain about the refs. Is it really bad every game? Maybe you should adjust your expexctations.

Ya, I mean, there's a reason home court matters more in ncaab than anything else: officiating. Everyone should have that figured out by now. Ive seen enough to never really expect a fair shake on the road.

I did think a few plays in this game were a bit on the extreme side of home cooking...like what exactly Grant was supposed to do to get a call I'm not sure; perhaps a German suplex from Cam Chancellor.

Prior to the Pitt game, in one-possession games in the final five minutes of regulation and overtime games this season, Tyler Ennis is 8-of-9 from the field and 14-of-14 from the free throw line with six assists and zero turnovers. On “game-tying or go-ahead plays,” he is 4-of-4 from the field and 8-of-8 from the line.

Make it 5-of-5

Edited by The Poojer

Ya, I mean, there's a reason home court matters more in ncaab than anything else: officiating. Everyone should have that figured out by now. Ive seen enough to never really expect a fair shake on the road.

I did think a few plays in this game were a bit on the extreme side of home cooking...like what exactly Grant was supposed to do to get a call I'm not sure; perhaps a German suplex from Cam Chancellor.

Exactly, that & the fact it is the only sport where the fans in most arenas are right in your face & I have to say college basketball has the biggest home advantage in all of sports.

My friend at work went to Pitt & he is pretty bummed out this morning. I walked in the office this morning & gave him a little smile as I past his office & he immediately goes off saying "why the f*ck would Dixon call a timeout with 4 seconds left so they could set their offense up?" I said "that's Dixon, guy way over coaches."

as i was watching last night i said to myself, syracuse never wins games like this....how soon i forget, i guess...still an amazing shot...and a frigging freshman...is it any wonder andrew wiggins was so highly touted as a freshman??? he had Ennis the Menace feeding him the ball on his AAU team

Syracuse.com asks where Ennis' 3 would rank in terms of Boeheim era buzzer beaters.

At first I thought, "has to be top 5," but after looking at that list I'm not so sure.

I think my favorite is G-Mac's running 3 pointer to beat Cincinnati in the BE tourney. Ennis' miracle has to be up the though.

Something interesting. Today at work (I am an educator in Vermont) I noticed a bunch of kids wearing SU gear. Now, I have noticed a lot of BC and UVM fans walking around this town, but never before have I seen a person wearing Cuse gear. Syracuse is taking over.

Syracuse.com asks where Ennis' 3 would rank in terms of Boeheim era buzzer beaters.

At first I thought, "has to be top 5," but after looking at that list I'm not so sure.

1) my vote would be the 1996 game

2) however, I will say that The 2006 BET title run is probably my favorite cuse bball experience-- even better than 2003 NC.

Couple of funny jokes I have come across since the game:

It used to be Tyler Dennis until he gave Pitt the D

Jim Boeheim has a 74 inch Ennis and he knows how to use it

ESPN is reporting Syracuse freshman Tyler Ennis is under investigation by the Federal Wildlife Agency. Sources say Ennis is being accused of single handedly slaying 5 panthers, first back on January 18th in Syracuse NY and then again on Wednesday somewhere around Pittsburgh PA. There are also rumors that Ennis has been known to slay bears, wildcats, and eagles among other animals.

Watching Arizona lose last night was great. It puts us one step closer to a 1 seed in the tourney. Here is an article giving five things to watch for in today's matchup against NC State:

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2014/02/no_1-ranked_syracuse_hosts_north_carolina_state_five_things_to_watch.html

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

that arizona game makes tonights Florida/Kentucky game very interesting. especially for Wichita State and <gulp> Villanova

Watching Arizona lose last night was great. It puts us one step closer to a 1 seed in the tourney. Here is an article giving five things to watch for in today's matchup against NC State:

http://www.syracuse....s_to_watch.html

it kind of pisses me off that this isn't an espn national game...i am relegated to ESPN3 which i have to watch through the xbox or find a place with full court to watch it....i guess i will watch it on xbox so i can have pacing room and can swear at will