EJ hurt knee according to BB.com

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naturally, before any specific information is known people resort to crying and depression.

Naturally. I'm a bills fan. I do think that this week's game was a real opportunity for EJ to get a ton of quality reps. I hope you guys are right and it's just a drain.

I don't get all of the panic and sadness.

The Bills aren't going to win the Superbowl this year. Some of you need to accept that and perhaps it will help you view the season through the proper lens.

EJ had a minor knee procedure. Kolb may start off the season as QB1. So what? EJ will be starting very soon, if he doesn't start Week 1. There's no question about that. As long as his injury allows him to come back soon, which by all accounts it does, it really doesn't matter too much what happens for the rest of the preseason.

This season is about EJ's leaning curve and progress. This is a minor hiccup but nothing more than that. The plan is still on track. Everyone should get themselves prepared to enjoy the ride this year - we get to watch our franchise QB develop. Nothing gets serious until 2014 at the earliest and I'm ok with that.

With all due respect, and apologies to D.C. Tom -- you're an idiot. Please. Do you really think fans who are excited and optimistic about their team want to hear that crap? Keep it to yourself.

I think tuel ends up starting week 1, as crazy as that sounds. EJ won't have the reps, and kolb will either be outplayed by tuel or injured by then.

Injured? Perhaps. Tuel against the Pats* 1st string defense on September 8 is a sobering thought, however.

I was excited about kolb in the offseason; however, I was WRONG. Ej is light years ahead of where I thought kolb would be. In fact, Tuel seems to be ahead of kolb. If ej isn't ready I'd like to see tuel in week one

that was my guess. i used to get chronic water on the knee, generally a day of elevation and rest cured it, had it drained a few times when that didn't work. i assume they didnt mention it last night because they thought it was a bump and it would be fine in the am. if it was still swollen this morning, they drain it, otherwise most procedures need swelling to go down to do anything. he would have to sit for a few days, so he wouldn't play this week, then they don't need him for week 4. most likely very minor

not sure why people are talking meniscus.

Hope you are right, but the definitive announcement that he is being shut down and the note re the MRI makes it sound more significant to me.

Even if it is minor, I don't see how they start EJ for week one after missing the rest of preseason. Maybe he'll be the starter sometime mid season after Kolb stinks it up or something. :/

Why wouldn't they start him? If he's cleared to play week 1, why would they still start Kolb? Because EJ missed a preseason game? No.

Hope you are right, but the definitive announcement that he is being shut down and the note re the MRI makes it sound more significant to me.

They're shutting him down because he is their guy and they don't feel the need to risk greater injury. What is so hard to understand about that?

With all due respect, and apologies to D.C. Tom -- you're an idiot. Please. Do you really think fans who are excited and optimistic about their team want to hear that crap? Keep it to yourself.

But all of the whining for 8 pages so far is OK? In my opinion he made a rational and level headed post. Many do not expect the team to do great this season. If you do that's fantastic and I hope you are correct. Then you reference the, apparently negative, thought of Tuel starting against the Pats* when Kolb so far is healthy and all we know about Manuel at the moment is that he needs a minor procedure and will miss the remainder of the preseason ,,, no mention by the Bills of being out against the Pats*.

With all due respect, you came off as the idiot in that exchange.

I was excited about kolb in the offseason; however, I was WRONG. Ej is light years ahead of where I thought kolb would be. In fact, Tuel seems to be ahead of kolb. If ej isn't ready I'd like to see tuel in week one

I'm sort of in the same boat as you regarding Kolb. But, I think that in order to reach the conclusion that Tuel should start against the Pats, you have to ride a wave of hype that seems to be made almost entirely of foam. I can't get there, myself.

Why wouldn't they start him? If he's cleared to play week 1, why would they still start Kolb? Because EJ missed a preseason game? No.

It's too risky to start him if he has missed the final weeks of practice. Week one, against a heavily favored division rival, just after being cleared from a knee injury, and procedure, is no way to start an NFL career.

The statement said he's shut down for the rest of the preseason. Is that referring to games, practices or both? Perhaps EJ won't see any live contact but will still practice?

I would expect EJ to split reps with Kolb after week 3, even though Kolb is the starter, as not to distract from the other positional battles, then depending on how Kolb's next outing goes, to name the starter after week 4.

It's less than 2 weeks till the end of preseason. And that gives him 10 days to get ready for the opener.

Most first stringers don't even play in the last preseason game, so in effect he's missing one start. They can use this game to decide whether or not to get rid of Kolb and keep Tuel. This might be a good thing. If he heals well.