Herm thinks Bills will go 8-8; EJ should start

Its not slow motion. Its "screwed and chopped." Texas rap dude. Get wit the times.

Herm is planning his next career.

http://en.wikipedia....ped_and_screwed

As example, see: Paul Wall video (pronounced "Pow Wow").

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXZjBdv43Mo&list=ALBTKoXRg38BD7vxiHi-hdBa90RMjwXjgV

Edited by maddenboy

Of course Manuel should start, they drafted him 16th overall. The only people that think that he maybe shouldn't start are at OBD.

As to 8 wins, I remember a couple of seasons ago when Cowher boldly stated on national TV that the Bills were going to the Super Bowl.

These guys are like a carnival Zoltar, you put in a quarter and out comes a paper w/ a number of wins on it.

Edited by TaskersGhost

Last year at this time we were making the playoffs, that clearly means Fitzy > EJ.

With Spiller coming into his own, a capable game manager behind center, a solid O line, and new additions on the D line and corner, I thought we were going to push to make the playoffs. What we got was crap, especially on D.

This year, honestly, with a potentially explosive offense and and aggressive D, I won't be surprised if we finally make that push. With green talent from HC to QB, I also won't be surprised if we get only 3 or 4 wins. Probably not alone in my ambivalence.

Didn't know about the Herm Edwards connection between Marrone and Hackett, guess that means well get plenty of props from him (assuming the wheels don't come off)

I'd love to see and 8-8 season, but part of me wants to suffer a bit so we can get another good draft, THEN be successful.

Didn't know about the Herm Edwards connection between Marrone and Hackett, guess that means well get plenty of props from him (assuming the wheels don't come off)

I'd love to see and 8-8 season, but part of me wants to suffer a bit so we can get another good draft, THEN be successful.

As SJBF has said, ending up at 14-25 would put us in perfect position for a guard or top TE. It's that luxury spot that the Steelers and NE usually end up in, somehow.

As SJBF has said, ending up at 14-25 would put us in perfect position for a guard or top TE. It's that luxury spot that the Steelers and NE usually end up in, somehow.

The Steelers usually have a couple of down seasons every now & then that allow them to get good picks the next year. Within a season, they're back in the playoffs.

NE usually makes trades to get those slots. Belichick will get rid of a veteran or a younger guy on the fringe of being good and fleece the other team of their picks.

Herm the germ is such a tool. I honestly can't stand that guy, and sometimes it's obvious the people in the studio can't either. If he knew what the !@#$ he was talking about, he'd have a job in the NFL. Instead, he rants and raves like a lunatic, rarely making a point, embarrassing himself on national TV.

Herm the germ is such a tool. I honestly can't stand that guy, and sometimes it's obvious the people in the studio can't either. If he knew what the !@#$ he was talking about, he'd have a job in the NFL. Instead, he rants and raves like a lunatic, rarely making a point, embarrassing himself on national TV.

it's gotten him this far...

I support giving Manuel the starting role. I think that using Kolb (or even Tuel) as a relief pitcher is also a good idea. I think the locked in idea that you have to stay with one guy is wrong. People have bad days, some QB's differ in style, even when running the same O. I , for one, don't understand the lack why that doesn't work here. If things are getting real bad for one guy, use a relief pitcher/QB

There is no pretty much now way a rookie starts at Qb and takes a team to 8-8 unless he's a highly polished QB coming out of college (which he is not, unlike RG3, Luck, etc. ) or the team has a dominant defense (which the Bills are not). 8-8 will be impossible. Hello, you play to win the game.

part of me wants to suffer a bit so we can get another good draft, THEN be successful.

I'll take no part in that thanks. I'm ready and wanting to win. Sick of losing. This our year to go worst to first. I thought it was going to be last year but then the chanstache just sucked every last bit of heart from our D and the whole team by not using CJ right.

This year we will be who we think they are.

GO BILLS!

My theory is that if we finish with less than 7 wins the players will begin to question this "college" coaching staff. Right now they are buying into this shinny new toy on O and D and are excited to be playing it. If this team finishes with the same or worst record as last year, doubt could creep in and that is never a good thing. They need to start out good and be great by the end of the year for this staff to not lose its players. At a minimum they need to be on hitting on all cylinders at the end of the season.

Don't underestimate the mental part of football.

I actually see some good pieces in place, but I think picking a numerical record at this point says we will be at a certain level, more than anything else. To truly guess a record, you'd have to have a context as to where every team in the league is.

That said, I like what I see- I think we are good at RB, have an outstanding young group of WRs and a strong DL. We are not stable at QB by any means, nor do we know what we have on OL, LB or DB. The OL was strong last year, but losing Levitre and going to a high paced offense changes the equation.

I think we're on the right path, but I'm not sure how far down that road we are, just yet.

With Spiller coming into his own, a capable game manager behind center, a solid O line, and new additions on the D line and corner, I thought we were going to push to make the playoffs. What we got was crap, especially on D.

This year, honestly, with a potentially explosive offense and and aggressive D, I won't be surprised if we finally make that push. With green talent from HC to QB, I also won't be surprised if we get only 3 or 4 wins. Probably not alone in my ambivalence.

I was just joking but yeah It seems like a boom or bust year. The Sad thing, in Buffalo, 8-8 would be a boom.

Pete Prisco thinks we will start the season 0-8, and finish 3-13, tied for last in the AFC east with the jets

http://www.cbssports...a-few-surprises

Pete Prisco sounds like a real Tuel. I prefer Herm Edwards for his real football knowledge, though he is obviously a few wins short of the correct prediction, which is PLAYOFFS!!!!1

Pete Prisco thinks we will start the season 0-8, and finish 3-13, tied for last in the AFC east with the jets

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pete-prisco/23148716/predicting-every-nfl-game-no-perfect-records-but-a-few-surprises

He is the biggest douche in the media. Check out his twitter sometime. He's from Buffalo right? He must have gotten a ton of wedgies growing up.

Before the first preseason game I would have thought just getting six wins would be a stretch goal and an adequate accomplishment for a team with so many new players and rookie qb. The team performed way beyond what I thought they were capable of in the first preseason game and I'm getting more and more optimistic. I don't think an 8-8 goal is outrageous at this point. Yeah its early, but so far I am impressed.

Let me give you a more hopeful scenario:

What team is this?

They sucked. They were mired in a rut of mediocrity. They accumulated numerous high draft picks on a roster that perpetually underperformed. They went 6-10 after average to below average seasons year after year and in the midst of this epic and continual failure the coaching staff was finally terminated AGAIN.

Then a new gm was promoted from within the organization. A new coach was brought in from college, with no NFL head coaching experience, A younger guy credited with bringing his college program to relevance. A former football player himself.

A number of roster changes were made with free agents.... Nothing splashy. Some linemen, Manny lawson for one...

The draft position was good and some great talent was added including the QB of the future, a key defensive player considered an immediate starter...

With elite talent at RB, immense unrealized potential at QB and WR and a top rated former first round pick anchoring the D and one of the up and coming DBs in the league, the team went from 6-10 to 13-3 and competed. Was one win from going to the Super Bowl, then did.

And why it can't be our Bills too...?

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

http://www.cbssports...a-few-surprises

Good! I want more of that!

My fear is that the Bills continue to look pretty good in preseason, start getting a lot of sunshine blown you-know-where, and then get totally dominated by the Pats in the first game.

Let's face it, no matter how good they look this preseason, they are, and should be huge underdogs to the well-entrenched Patriots who, along with Brady and Belichick, have had a whole off season to get ready for the Bills game. I hope Bills fans here keep it real, refrain from picking the game, and this team goes into that Pats game with a real "we've got something to prove" attitude.

There is no pretty much now way a rookie starts at Qb and takes a team to 8-8 unless he's a highly polished QB coming out of college (which he is not, unlike RG3, Luck, etc. ) or the team has a dominant defense (which the Bills are not). 8-8 will be impossible. Hello, you play to win the game.

Anything is possible in today's NFL. I think the Colts last year had a lot less going for them than the Bills do this year, when you figure what went on with the HC and a suspect D, and no proven RB. Yes Luck was a polished QB....in college! There were no guarantees on how he would succeed in year one, much like Russell Wilson and Colin Kapernick. You just never know. No one figured Indy would have the season they did even without the HC going thru his deal. 8-8 could have been seen as lofty expectations with Luck having a good year. You just never know